New Unit: American Indian w/ Musket

utahjazz7

Deity
Okay, he's finished. Of course I ran into some of the usual palette problems and such, but came out okay. This is a Native American with a long musket, as requested by Smoking Mirror. Actually, compared to the Rifleman, his musket doesn't look too long. I'm using this as an Iroquois Rifleman flavor unit, but use it for whatever you'd like.

I know that he isn't reloading his weapon, but this is only a game, people! I don't see any smoke either--it might not be there. Smoking Mirror said he didn't need any . . . nor did I. ;)

Download.

Hmm...any ideas on what to do for the musket guys that come before the rifleman? looks kinda wierd to go from the euopean dressed guys to a half-naked rifleman. ;)

Thank you Utah thank you!
your hard work looks great.

Originally posted by Mephansteras
Hmm...any ideas on what to do for the musket guys that come before the rifleman? looks kinda wierd to go from the euopean dressed guys to a half-naked rifleman. ;)

As for the musket thing I am using it as Native musketman then comes the rifleman. It looks better transition wise.

Edit: this is the musket guy it says so at the top :) I guess he would look cool as a rifleman in a senario. anyway good work utah :goodjob:

O I noticed in the preview thread people were concerned about his attack. I must point out that if you look at the rifleman just before he lowers his weapon he is doing the same thing.

So no big deal he looks great. :)

Thanks for your compliments, Hunter. I thought more people would like this unit . . . but only five replies, hmm.

Anyway, I use him as a Rifleman because he looks more similar to the Rifleman than that Medieval musketman. About the firing of the gun . . . there was no way that I was going to make an animation for him to load gunpowder and a second to ram a musketball down the barrel, just to fire once. I may be wrong, but I don't remember seeing the CivIII musketman reload.

Originally posted by utahjazz7
I thought more people would like this unit . . . but only five replies, hmm

i think it is a very well made unit.. even though there is no smoke, it,s the effort that you made makes it grand.

and i did comment on it ;)

Cool unit! :goodjob:

Thank you, thank you. I've been waiting for a unit like this. More Indian units, please! (I'd make my own but I'm ano-talent hack)

Well, I think this unit is great. I was looking forward to it when I saw the previews, and I downloaded it here on the spot...

It is difficult though to organize a place for it in the Civ3 unit progression. It's definitely no mid-19th century rifleman, but on the other hand it certainly comes after the Renaissance rifleman. It would fit in well with the same time period as the Napoleonic rifleman.

In any event, it shall be QUITE useful.

Originally posted by Kal-el
Utah, if I give you a bow will you make a version of the brave using it? please.

No, I don't think so. He would probably end up firing it improperly or something. ;) Actually, I'm working on a unit I want right now . . . maybe some other time though.

:goodjob: I've been looking for more native american units and I'm native american myself and you did a really great job on this unit one thing though all native americans didn't have mohawks but regardless you did a great job

but this is for the Iroquois, and one of the tribes of the Iroquois nation was the Mohawk. It was also a popular hairstyle with the Huron and some of the other tribes of the North East. Or so I have been lead to believe.

Top Bottom