Ad Infinitum: The Elves, the Elves!!!

Jwitti

Judas Maccabeus
I hereby kill my VIP story if anyone remembers that..
And now I'm going to do a story that I WILL finish I promise.
OK, so Dumanios' Ad Infinitum mod (which I helped with I should ask him to credit me) has The Dwarves, Orcs, Amazonians, and:
Spoiler :
ELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I love their new overpowered UB.

So, story time!

Goals:
Finish, which I will do. Period.
Be elf-like, which entails a scorn for the lesser humans and a pure hatred for Orcs. I will play a small, Big_and_Small map script game. I don't even know if the hated Orcs will be there... I hope so though, that will make it more interesting.

Spoiler Settings :

I do intend this to be humorous so please give feedback!!

Jwitti: Gosh, look at those humans.. aren't they so pitiful? I think we should go and taunt them. They say, let's build a civilization, we'll be so special and eventually they won't believe in us and think we're not real!
Soveliss, Military Advisor: But we aren't real, sir....
J: SILENCE!!!!!
S: ....
Annalise, Culture Advisor: Well, maybe we should keep ourselves in their minds by well, being there. Being a major world power...
Good idea, Annalise! I knew there was a reason I liked you!

And so, the elves gathered and settled.
J: Woah, what was that??
I'm the narrator, duh..
Oh...

S: I'm going to go explore a bit, and see if I can find some humans to be superior to :D
A: Why are you wearing a weird hat when you smile? That seems to be a human tradition!
S: It'll go away in a month or so...
A: Oh, ok then!!
Narrator rolls his eyes! :rolleyes: and discovers that he too has a human-traditional hat!
Do you have to do that?
"What, narrate everything I do?" the narrator said in a questioning tone.
:facepalm:

J: And in the city, build a place to train our people in the arts of Magic!
People: OK!! YAY!! MAGIC!!

It was short because I was playing it as I was updating... I literally wrote the entrance, played turn one, wrote turn one. The next will be longer, I promise!

Find some deer and go HA rushing(or should I say fyrdwell rushing), having them have woody III is amazing, you get 2 first strikes, +15% healing, and two moves in forest.

In the latest Elves only start with woodsman 1 but even better is melee and archery units with +20% :strength: with the lovely Enchanted Blade promotion that comes free with a forest barracks

But I'll go with what I have on hand... no deer, no fyrdwell.. but Iron would be nice and so far all my elf games have iron near the start...

Anytime Dumanios! Oh, and I saw what was meant about the Woody 3 Fyrdwell (I hadn't realized they start with it :p you need to make enchanted Blade available to mounted units...

:lol:

Like it so far. Good luck :)

subbed.

What would you like to research next?
Jwitti: HEY!!!!
Soveliss: HEY!!!!!
Annalise: HEY!!!!
"What? Oh, the volume..." he said apologetically.
I say we go for Mining, then all the way to Iron Working, and then we could get swordsmen!!!!
Well, learning to hunt would make it so that we could then learn to make and shoot bows; this is a typical Elven thing to do, no?
I agree with Annalise. We should go towards Hunting first, then go for Iron Working.
Hey! You're just saying that because you have a crush on her!
*GASP*
*GASP* What a... human thing to say!
Little did the courtiers know that Soveliss was right.
HEY!!!! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO SAY WHAT I'M THINKING!!!!
It's in the contract.. see? "As the omniscient narrator I have the privilege and right to expose the hearts of characters in forementioned story to enhance the plot and/or the readers' enjoyment."
Awwwwww, that's so sweet Jwitti!
Wait, we're in a story?
ALRIGHT THAT'S ENOUGH!!!!!!! BACK TO AS WE WERE!!!!!
Yes, of course.
Gosh, you don't have to be so mean...

OK, I'm going to go back to the warriors and visit some humans we found...
You mean another Civilization?
No, they call themselves a "Minor Tribe" and they live in a "Village"
So they give, what, 3:commerce: per turn?
No, they might give us a random goody though!
So, go visit them!!
Yes Sir! :salute:
*GASP* Another Human tradition!!! WHO ARE YOU?!!?!?!?!
Sorry guys, it's just that I spent a whole bunch of time with the villagers, and they sent us Gold!
But you just were here.....
We're Elves, we're allowed to break the space-time continuum.
The Villagers give you Gold! You have received 54 gold!
You're late!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/civ4screenshot0004k.jpg/
I went through some Jungle

And the villagers to our South-east gave us a map of the ocean!

And I found a whole bunch of elephants. In the Elven tradition, I complimented them on their ears.

*Whew* Thank goodness!
And You have discovered Hunting! What do you want to research next?
Ummmmm.. Archery, remember?
Oh... right...

More villagers! They gave us more gold!

The villagers give you gold! They give you 57 Gold!
:facepalm:
Tune in next time for the next episode of Ad Infinitum: The Elves!!!!!!
Do you have to do the old TV show thing?
Yes, yes I do.

:lol: :goodjob: The narrator should get a unit too :p

Sure, the first archer can be his.* Also, I plan on renaming all Great People to elven names. Actually, I won't be using any other name source besides the section in the 3rd and 4th edition Dungeons and Dragons Elf names... that's where I got Soveliss, it's one of my absolute favorites!
*Instead I'll make the narrator a non-entity.. no unit for him.. it really makes no sense.. why would the elves let him in?

Thanks!
EDIT O my gosh I'm 4 posts away from 1000... I'll probably make #1000 an update... I'm eager to play again but for now I'm content playing RI Large Earth as France.. all dandy until them spainiards DOWed me.. :mad: :lol:
EDIT: Which goes towards me saying:
"I could give you my word as a Spainiard?"
"No good, I've known too many Spainiards"

Reminds me of a conversation I saw that I put in my sig-
Hartan: "What was Monty thinking?"
Archon Wing: "Your question was already flawed, in assuming he thinks."

But mine's from an awesome movie as opposed to a CFC thread (One more non-update post)

I think this story's going to become one of my favourites. :goodjob:

Top Bottom