Prussian Fusilier

Nemesis Rex

Bane of Liberals

Attachments

• prussian fusilier.jpg
    prussian fusilier.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2,398
Excellent Work Nemesis Rex.

Thus unit will be an excellent German UU for the Industrial age ( Before the Panzers )

@Nemesis Rex - Any new unit plans? :).

Originally posted by Kal-el
please do the WWI German Infantry using the same head. :)

Actually, I'd prefer it if the German WWI Infantry had a soft cap (like the soldier on the left in Nemesis Rex's pixture)

Originally posted by McClane
Very nice Unit.

At the beginning of WWI the German Infantry used this helmet! I think!!

Yes, the pickelhaube was actually leather and wasn't a protective helmet, just decorative. Like everyone else the Germans had abandoned armor once firearms had reached a point that it wasn't very usefull. The new breech-loading howitzers and shrapnel forced the reintroduction of steel helmets (to many head wounds). So Germany used the pickelhaube and/or just hats at first, then introduced steel helmets when the allies did. I was thinking of doing an infantry unit with the pickelhaube. Its to bad we can't use PTW units as a base (or at least not and post then here) or I would use one of the WW2 Riflemen, but I guess I'll use the standard Infantry.

Attachments

• gewehr2.jpg
    gewehr2.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 2,334
Fantastic unit!

Just a question, I understand for copyright reasons the PTW units cannot be posted here, but once the PTW unit is modded/changed does that still apply? As long as the change is not 1 pixel or something but a relatively major change. Just curious.

Originally posted by nonnob3
Hey!!!!!!! great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Finally, one my oldest projects was done from someone... ;)

Nicely done.

Wow, praise from nonnob3, the pioneer in German units. :D

BTW, I am revising this unit. Making the pickelhaube darker and the spike and badge brighter. Should be done soon.

Top Bottom