Megaupload closed by the FBI

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
If someone's interested in discussing this, here is the OT thread, and here an article on wired.

The thread here is only meant to inform everyone who hosted his/her mod on MegaUpload, that you have to find another file host now :/.

these mods i have, not sure if they used megaupload, but these are the ones i dont think are in construction

Worl war II - 1939
Sevomod

Doubt theyll be needed but just thought itd say something

any how, what would be your best suggestion for a new upload site? Assuming this is just the first of many, i would like to know which one basically has the most intergrity and doesnt really have a chance to be shut down

Both mods are save.

If you need another file host, you should probably either go with RapidShare, because it's totally unlikely that they are taken down too, or AtomicGamer, because CFC is also hosted at AG.
ModDB is also only used for mods, so also unlikely to get taken down.

----------
Might be a good time to finally make a list of file hosters.

Both mods are save.

If you need another file host, you should probably either go with RapidShare, because it's totally unlikely that they are taken down too, or AtomicGamer, because CFC is also hosted at AG.
ModDB is also only used for mods, so also unlikely to get taken down.

----------
Might be a good time to finally make a list of file hosters.

Alright thanks, and if you notice any modern units missing, just commen on here since most modern units created are in my mod i can pull them out, although most of them are just uploaded directly to the site

Oh no!
Some of my files are there!
Is the shutdown permanently?
I don't know any other (good) fileserver (without waiting times).

You could try using dropbox ( www.dropbox.com ), it is pretty good, although you have a 4gb limit.

Dropbox will suspend your account if downloads exceed a certain limit. I know because I hosted History Rewritten there originally. It's intended to be used for personal and small scale hosting/syncing only.

Oh no!
Some of my files are there!
Is the shutdown permanently?
I don't know any other (good) fileserver (without waiting times).

Yes, shut down permanently (...probably; at least until the law suit is settled, I guess).

If you haven't experienced waiting times with MegaUpload, then you've probably been lucky, because AFAIK all the big file hosters apply waiting times if the server load is too high.
You should just go with RapidShare, I haven't seen any waiting queues in the last time there.

Wow, it looks pretty damn interesting. Could you upload the partial download at least?

Just looked around at my folders, seems I've been wrong :sad:.

Oh, and merged the thread in Civ4:Col with the one in Civ4.

Megaupload was my favourite...
Dont need type verifying codes like others...
No waiting time after each download...
Rapidshare just doesn't work for me...

Does anyone have Rise of Empires? Its been taken out because of megaupload, I want seasnakes great people and thats also been taken out but they are also in Rise of empires and a better chance some1 has that

Also i heard something on facebook, that somehow megaupload is being started back up, someone set up a IP adress for it and is attempting to recover everything on it, its probably just a rumor though :(

Top Bottom