AND Units vs ROM

sessava

Chieftain
Hi, I just recently started playing Civilization IV with a friend and we both downloaded the Rise of Mankind mod and loved it, but we got OOS errors online so we couldn't really play it at all. He discovered AND, so we downloaded it, and we get no OOS errors and everything seems to work perfectly online. I enjoy many of the improvements this mod makes over ROM and commend the developer for creating it.

My question is though, did AND remove a lot of the units? Various nations seemed to have a lot of civ-specific units versus the just one that it is in AND, and we noticed that some of the other units that were in ROM are missing from AND, like the dog units.

It's not that big of an issue, but I personally like variety and having a lot of options to choose from. That's why ROM appealed to me so much. So, I was wondering if there's a way to get the units from ROM back into AND.

Thanks.

sessava said:
Hi, I just recently started playing Civilization IV with a friend and we both downloaded the Rise of Mankind mod and loved it, but we got OOS errors online so we couldn't really play it at all. He discovered AND, so we downloaded it, and we get no OOS errors and everything seems to work perfectly online. I enjoy many of the improvements this mod makes over ROM and commend the developer for creating it.

My question is though, did AND remove a lot of the units? Various nations seemed to have a lot of civ-specific units versus the just one that it is in AND, and we noticed that some of the other units that were in ROM are missing from AND, like the dog units.

It's not that big of an issue, but I personally like variety and having a lot of options to choose from. That's why ROM appealed to me so much. So, I was wondering if there's a way to get the units from ROM back into AND.

Thanks.

Most of these units were clones of the standard unit, with the same stats and just a different name and artwork. Where this was the case, I removed the unit, and tweaked the game such that when you build it, it is given a new name and the right artwork. So you haven't lost anything here. ;)

I also cut back on a lot of units that the AI clearly never used.

Less units = better performance.

I see, thank you for your response. And good work with the mod, it's really good and without it we wouldn't be able to play online. :D

Top Bottom