Mafia Zone I: Two of Four (Mini Game)

NinjaCow64

Thought Bubble Thinker
Supporter
NIGHT ZERO

We enter on this peaceful and quiet town, called Tiny Town. It is away from the hustle and bustle of the big towns. I would say cities, but city is too big of a word to associate with Tiny Town. Heck, town is too big of a word to associate with Tiny Town. With only ten people in the town, it would more accurately be described as a collection of cottages.

Tonight, most of the town are huddled around their televisions, waiting to see the big event. The Mayor's speech. But, something will go wrong. One of these cottages will go uninhabited, on account of the occupant being dead. Why will they be dead? Because this is how things work in THE MAFIA ZONE.

"...and now that we have discussed THAT issue," said Mayor NinjaCow64 to his live television audience of Tiny Town. "we will discuss some of the completely paranoid delusions that people have being having."

NinjaCow chuckled. "I don't know where people have been getting these crazy ideas of a Mafia invasion. Mafias NEVER invade small towns. It's just unheard of. And to those people who point out the evidence of the graffiti on the Mayor's office which states, and I quote: 'lulz wez iz da Mafiaz wez goingz toz killz you butz lulz lulz.' This obviously the work of some rebellious teenager! And to those that say we don't have any teenagers, let alone rebellious ones, I say that it is obviously the work of a rebellious adul-wait, why is that guy wearing an evil looking brown coat and a mask??"

The camera panned to the right to show a man wearing an evil looking brown coat and a mask, who rose a gun up towards NinjaCow's head. The Mayor continued.

"Why are you raising a gun to my head. And why are you-OH MA GAWD!" Said NinjaCow as he realised to late that this man would do him much harm. The brown-coated man pulled the trigger and emptied six rounds into NinjaCow's chest. Then he reloaded and shot another six rounds. And again. The brown-coated man got another 216 rounds into NinjaCow's chest before the Town realised that running over and trying to stop the man from completely obliterating the Mayor's lungs would be a good idea. But it was too late. The brown-coated man had definitely killed NinjaCow, but not only that. He had also ran off and knocked over the garbage bins! Only a complete monster could do that!

As they examined NinjaCow64's body, they determined that NinjaCow could not be associated with the however shot him. Nobody would knock over a garbage bin after killing a friend, even evil has standards.

Spoiler :
NinjaCow64 was a TOWNIE!

As the sun rose, the town realised that only one organisation could have planned out such an elaborate assassination: the Mafia. And they also knew that there was only one way to deal with the Mafia: random and slightly paranoid accusations leading up to randomly lynching people.

But what the town didn't know was that two of it's members had been selected to be given two of four powers. Maybe with this help, Tiny Town may survive the horror of THE MAFIA ZONE.

***********​

Welcome to the Mafia Zone! Subtly, every Mafia game is different, which is why you need to read the rules:

1) Adhere to the forum rules and yada yada.
2) Note that this game is very silly and has nothing to do with the Twilight Zone other than the narration and the name.
3) Day ends in 48 hours OR if everyone votes AND more than 50% of the town agrees on who to vote for. Night ends in 24 hours.
4) During the day, you must vote for who you think is guilty. Votes must be bolded. Example: "I think that NinjaCow64 is guilty even though he is dead and he is me therefore I am dead. Erk."
5) When you want to change your mind on who to vote, just post unvote (bolded of course), comma then the new person you want to lynch. Example: "I don't feel like killing myself again so I am going to unvote, Chuck Norris.
6) You are allowed to Abstain.
7) No Lynch is not allowed and the first day will produce a lynch like every other day.
8) YOU MUST VOTE EVERY DAY EVEN IF YOU ARE MAFIA. ABSTAINING COUNTS AS VOTING. IF YOU DO NOT VOTE FOR TWO DAYS IN A ROW THEN YOU WILL FACE THE WRAITH OF CHUCK NORRIS. IF ANYONE IS INACTIVE IN THIS GAME CONSIDERING IT IS A MINI GAME THEN IN WILL BE INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINT MY SON.
9) During the night, the Mafia will PM me their target and will also use any other abilities that they have. Townies may send me a PM if they have abilities also.
10) You may talk at night.
11) Alignment is revealed upon death.
12) If you are dead, you may not post in the thread anymore. Just don't.
13) We are using this setup. Any roles or such outside of this setup will not be seen.
14) Rules 8 and 12 are extra super important so don't break them.

...there, that's it. Note that I will be away for the next 48-72 hours so there is no way that this game will start until then. BTW, here is the signups sheet:

LIVING PLAYERS:

landlubber
Skwink
choxorn
Turquoiside
Jarrema
General Olaf
classical_hero
Zack

DEAD PLAYERS:

Verarde - TOWN Lynched Day One.

Interception.

MY NAME IS VERARDE

VERARDE

IT

IS

VERARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrRRRRRRDE

I want to be in this interesting setup

I think that's all spots taken, so I'll be a reserve.

I'll also mention that it might not be wise to use mafiascum setups on CFC/org/TWC; the playstyles are so radically different. For example, mafiascum games typically have a lot more mafia (I'm assuming this is at least partly because their Day phases usually last several weeks, making it much easier to weed out scum) than our games do.

I think that's all spots taken, so I'll be a reserve.

I'll also mention that it might not be wise to use mafiascum setups on CFC/org/TWC; the playstyles are so radically different. For example, mafiascum games typically have a lot more mafia (I'm assuming this is at least partly because their Day phases usually last several weeks, making it much easier to weed out scum) than our games do.

Actually, no, you're in.

Thanks for the tip. If you can link me somewhere where I can get more appropriate setups that would really be appreciated. :)

I'll get Role PMs sent out soonish. All players, including Vanilla Townies, will get a Role PM.

Why do mafiascum games usually have days that last for weeks?

The town had gathered together at the place of Mayor NinjaCow64's murder. The town seemed in favour of randomly lynching people who they thought were the murderer.

"Hell yeah, this is a great idea!" shouted Verarde "I liked the mayor, but he always spelt my name wrong. I hate that. But I hate the mafia even more. They spell my name wrong even more frequently. So the next person who spells my name wrong gets my vote. And I will take great pleasure in hanging them myself."

As the town knew, it was best not to spell Verarde's name wrong. But now they had to get to the serious side of the day's affairs: identifying and killing mafia. Will they be successful? Find out next time, on THE MAFIA ZONE.

BEGIN DAY ONE!

Day will end in approximately 48 hours.

*****​

Role PMs have been sent out. Anyone with questions and/or difficulties regarding Role PMs, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, good luck!

BTW, if any members of the town are mentioned in any of the updates, that does not have anything to do with their alignment whatsoever. The updates are meant to be humorous and will sometimes comment on the days events. Yeah.

Verarde's name is still spelled wrong, so I'll vote for him.

Verarde's name is still spelled wrong, so I'll vote for him.

You know, I would like to say that was intentional, but I'm a terrible liar. It's fixed now, but from now on I am going to use copy/paste to make sure Verarde's name is spelt correctly. >.<

I think I'll vote for landlubber, because I think he

RNG: Turquoiside

Why do mafiascum games usually have days that last for weeks?

They have totally different playing style.
Lenghty analysis, etc. If someone is not active, they will lynch him soon. (it happened to me in one of two games I played there). And active means commenting almost every post of almost every player. In my game, on day three, there was collective demand that every player writes a post with analysis of every other player behavior... They really DO TALK. Probably, it also has something to do with the size of theuir games - 15 people is LARGE for them, normal is 8 or 9 :)
Also, in a majority of games, there is no timeline - the lynch happens when someone gains more than half votes, and then it is night - another reason not to be very fast.

Ok, anyway, vote: Choxorn because you made me write all that stuff :)

Top Bottom