Discussion Thread for SMACX Scenario Repository

Petek

Alpha Centaurian
Administrator
Supporter
This thread may used to discuss matters relating to the stickied Altera Centauri Scenario Repository thread. That thread was created by Darsnan on WePlayCiv and was mirrored to CFC by our own The_J. The idea behind this project is to gather together all known (English-language) scenarios for SMAC and/or SMAX. By mirroring these files on different sites, we hope to preserve them for future players.

The stickied thread consists of a brief description of the project, an index to each of the scenarios, followed by a detailed description of each scenario.

If you know of any scenarios for SMAX or SMAX that aren't included here, please post relevant information, including links, in this thread.

Some of the links in the stickied thread might not work, or might point to WePlayCiv. We're aware of this and are making corrections.

We may also create similar repositories for SMACX mods, maps, factions and similar creations.

Thanks to Darsnan, The_J and everyone else who contributed to this project.

My thoughts on this were that the Repository is a great way for us in the SMAC Community to band together on a project that honors the great game that is SMACX, and I definitely appreciate the time and effort of all those who contributed to making this happen.
Also, by mirroring this repository on several sites we ensure that it is preserved for those generations of SMAC’ers yet to come: I think there would be nothing worse than losing some of this work due to a discontinued website/ corrupted database at one website.

We may also create similar repositories for SMACX mods, maps, factions and similar creations.

Since artwork is very near and dear to Buster’s Uncles heart, then I think we should conspire to get Buster’s Uncle nominated to comb thru all the old archives for the artwork of SMACX. :conspire:

D

Mods and factions are my domain.

Hats off to you there! :goodjob: I've tried my hand making mods, and I think its a lot harder than scenarios: mods have to be balanced, which is infinitely harder than scenarios, where I could take certain "liberties" with the AI bonuses. :mischief:

I've only made one scenario, the recent GotM. :eek:

:goodjob: Glad to see you taking an interest in scenarios! I'll make sure your scenario gets included in the repository when I update it next.

D

Since artwork is very near and dear to Buster’s Uncles heart, then I think we should conspire to get Buster’s Uncle nominated to comb thru all the old archives for the artwork of SMACX. :conspire:

D

I heartily endorse the notion of making comprehensive collections along similar lines of various things. It's all recruiting bait -I found the community looking for custom factions and info about making same- and useful for everyone in a million ways, and different people come looking for different sorts of goodies.

We ought to try to cover everything an outsider might google for, though some sort of modding how-to compliation would be a different sort of animal and has been done many times over. -Still, probably worth revisiting in the future.

-And there's Mods like SNAC and SMAniaC, and the recent LazyMod, and Lost Eden (And I've not completely given up hope for Beta Lyrae still happening someday). There's several catagories of things SMAC(X) that ought to be collected and mirriored everywhere.

Thing is, I have too many projects juggling all the time to be the best person for a search-and-collect task. The faction art job I'm on for a newb at WPC has been neglected for a couple of weeks, as has saving all the pages of the missing Firaxis AC site. And I've owed Pickly some faction art for going on two years now.

SOMEbody needs to do it, but I'm overcommited for the forseeable future.

Top Bottom