Heavy Swordsman / Maceman

human machine

Chieftain
Imported Heavy Swordsman unit from Civ 4 BtS Charlemagne Scenario

Two units for download:
(1) the original mesh with a sword and (2) the same unit mesh but with a mace instead.
Both use the civ5 swordsman animation (thanks to bernie14 for the skeleton)

Some of the texture info was lost during the conversion process, I'm pretty sure the top of the shield was suppose to display the civ4 team flag. Right now its just black, I'll try and fix the texture dds files sometime soon, but I'll post them anyway. People are welcome to reskin.

A big thanks to Deliverator, lemmy101 and bernie14 for their tutorials and threads on unit conversion and all things blender, and of course NexsusBuddy.

Files included:
01[x]_Early.blend file of unbaked meshes
02[x]_Baked.blend file of the final, single mesh unit
.gr2 file
.fxsxml file
.dds file for both diff and sref

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-02-01 at 10.12.33 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-02-01 at 10.12.33 PM.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 1,168
  • Screen shot 2012-02-01 at 10.14.12 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-02-01 at 10.14.12 PM.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 804
  • Heavy_Swordman.zip
    250.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Heavy_Maceman.zip
    425.7 KB · Views: 118
:goodjob: Nice job, human machine! (and keep 'em coming!) ;) Just a heads-up: The swordsman textures as they are currently named conflict with vanilla textures (and the .gr2 isn't calling them, besides).

Anyone else who wants to use the Heavy Swordsman: You will need to rename Swordsman_diff.dds to UVBaked.dds and Swordsman_sref.dds to UVBbakedGloss.dds (yes, 2 B's in a row).

Thanks for the unit! I wanted to represent Flemish city militia armed with a goedendag, but a morning star is good enough :)

Some of the texture info was lost during the conversion process, I'm pretty sure the top of the shield was suppose to display the civ4 team flag. Right now its just black, I'll try and fix the texture dds files sometime soon, but I'll post them anyway. People are welcome to reskin.
Did a (poor) reskin, with limited success: the shield won't change. Now I am a complete newbie at this, but fooled around a bit. I tried to create a new .gr2 file to see if maybe I could assign the texture to the shield mesh, but failed at all attempts, as the unit becomes invisible ingame. So now it has a black shield, which will do, but I would have liked to see a yellow lion on it.*

Some images and the reskin as attachment, just in case ;)

* Which makes it the Brabant coat of arms, but the inverse colors (Flanders coat of arms) are already used by Russia in the game.

Attachments

• militia.jpg
    militia.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 315
  • goedendag.jpg
    goedendag.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 504
  • Goedendag_on_chest_of_Kortrijk.jpg
    Goedendag_on_chest_of_Kortrijk.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 165
  • goedendag_skin.zip
    85.4 KB · Views: 70