RFCEurope 1.0

3Miro

Deity
RFCEurope 1.0
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rfceurope/

RFCEurope 1.0 is finally out. After 4 years of development we finally have a complete product. Thanks to everyone who participated throughout the years, this Mod would not have been possible without the contributions of countless people. :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

The main RFCEurope folder now contains a README and an up-to-date Reference folder. The Reference folder is a great place to look for answers and clarifications about UHV and UP as well as generall questions.

Things are not over yet. Work will immediately start on RFCEuropeII, which would be more or less a merge between RFCEurope 1.0 and the already existing RFCE++ Mod. That way modders can work on the new civilizations while players can chose between the development branch of RFCEuropeII or the old and stable RFCEurope 1.0.

We can keep this thread open for comments on the new release and the other threads should be reserved for the longer discussions about RFCEuropeII. Naturally we will not add new features to RFCE 1.0, but we can still release small bug patches (if needed). Also, we should have the strategy 1.0 discussions here, UHV guides for 1.0 are now possible as balance will not change.

Enjoy RFCEurope 1.0

1.01 Patch released: (2012.04.15.)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11422225&postcount=87

- Fixed Bulgarian, Hungarian, Polish and Lithuanian cottage/hamlet/village/town improvement art
- Fixed UHV counter display bug for Portugal and France
- Fixed Arab AI starting situation, so Damascus gets to be the holy city of Islam in most cases
- Readded the missing Atlantic Access near Sevilla
- Fixed button for Golden Bull
- Removed Religious School icon from the tech tree
- New Dawn of Man text for Hungary, Kiev, Cordoba. Minor fixes in most of the other texts
- Small updates in the reference files
- Spanish translations by mijamobu

Link to the latest SVN version:
https://rfceurope.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rfceurope/RFCEurope/

Congratulations to you modders ! Your baby is born now ! I've been a follower (and opinion-giver) of this mod for more than two years now, and I have to say you've done a great job throughout the years. :thumbsup: Looking forward for RFCEuropeII now ! :clap:

Hearty congratz and respect. :w00t: Downloading now...

RFCEurope 1.0 is finally out. After 4 years of development we finally have a complete product.

I bet it felt good to type that :lol:

If only we'd get feedback from the likes of St. Lucifer, jessiecat, micbic.. ;)

Downloading. I just hope I don't get any errors while playing the game. I'll tell you if I do.

I have always been a fan, though, and was excited for the release! It should be a fantastic game if everything falls into place correctly! :)

Well I have to say:

KUDOS BAR TO YOU!

On finishing this. There are ALOT of people who never finish the first version of their mod.

On a side note. I may be a horrible player but I find the barbarian attacks nigh-overwhelming

I really liked the mod, just started playing it. Definitely a lot of great improvements. I used the world builder to put some of the wonders in their historically accurate cities, but then for some reason the stability must have changed some how and civs started collapsing rapidly.

Not sure if that's expected or not, though. I was playing as Spain and pretty much pwned everybody haha. I kinda wish that France hadn't collapsed so quickly, it would have been nice to have had a nemesis haha.

Wow, I can't believe we finally made it.:D 2007 Seems so long ago, I think we should make a toast to everyone who co-operated in this mod. Just to put things in perspective, this modmod (!) is in the top 6 of the biggest modforums of Civ 4. Check it out, it's true. Who could have imagined that... And the best thing is, it will continue, who knows what's happening next.

I was rushing to get to work on time, but yes, after 4 years it surely felt good.

I will PM them right now, sedna17 is signed to the sticky thread, but the others aren't.

Hi all. Just replied to 3Miro. Nice to see you all again.

"Hi mate. Thanks for your message and kind words. I've been away from Civ for about 18 months and only occasionally played the latest versions. Too busy playing Tribal Wars online and real life of course. I have recently downloaded the latest 1.0 and I am hugely impressed by the advances you've made even though I'm still getting used to the map changes. My only major criticism is the city name maps, esp. those of England, France and Cordoba. Too often the names are nowhere near their actual location and seem to reverted to the default BTS names. Esp Cordoba, where instead of starting with the real name you start with Kufah as your first. Clearly something is very wrong. But apart from that, well done."

My only major criticism is the city name maps, esp. those of England, France and Cordoba. Too often the names are nowhere near their actual location and seem to reverted to the default BTS names. Esp Cordoba, where instead of starting with the real name you start with Kufah as your first. Clearly something is very wrong. But apart from that, well done.
Yeah, some of the city name maps are kinda rushed :/
But I thought France and Cordoba is complete, though didn't have time to check everything...
Michael Vick probably knows more about those maps

Will probably post a small patch when there are enough improvements on it

My apologies to everyone. I did have the previous version installed. Fixed now. lol

Top Bottom