New Unit: Dawa Soldier

utahjazz7

Deity
This is the African Infantry unit that I have been working on. I named it Dawa Soldier because Sween32 is going to use it in a scenerio he's creating. Everything should be in the .zip. I tested the unit in-game, and everything seems to be serviceable.

This image is not of the greatest quality, but you can see the unit compared to the CivIII Infantry. Yes, the African Dawa Soldiers and Rooikats are rebelling against the evil, white, European oppressors. ;)

Download.

great unit, utah! :goodjob:

if you want to use this as a Dawa Soldier, I suggest a low defence replacement of the Guerilla. Maybe a 10/2/1. Dawa is a magic concoction made by the Congolese and Angolans to protect them in battle. If you followed the rules, then you were invinsible. If you were injured in battle, that meant that you had either stolen something, touched a woman, or broken some other minor rule while using the Dawa. If you were dead, that meant you had fear. Well, in the Congo revolution in the 60's, it didn't work very well and the Congolese Rebels usually ran away from battle leaving the Cubans to fight for them. Their aim was also horrible and they had no initiative to win the war (Che was pissed at them), so a 10 might be too much. But the graphic is perfect for them. You need to carry alot of crap just to survive in the jungle for months on end without seing any action so the large backpack is also accurate.

Looks cool :)

Oooh now that just looks waahhh urrgghhh ....really good job man! :goodjob:

you're poppin these top-notch quality units out like nothin. can't wait for your next one.

Originally posted by Nemesis Rex
Very impressive.
So what's your next project?

Well, next I'm converting this unit into two other units. First, I'll be making a FARC Rebel for Sween32. Then, I'll be making a civilian partisan/para-military unit for Gael. These two should be out soon though. I just have to change the models a little bit. The animations will be staying the same--it makes life a lot easier.

Great unit - the in-game shadowing will be similar to the animated preview right? The static preview looked to have really black shadows....guess I'll find out once I load'em up...

Originally posted by gael
Very cool!
The Africian troops actually look Africian now.

Thanks, Gael. I finally came up with a unit that I wanted to make, and did it. ;) I'll be working on your unit request soon. I'll probably end up giving him blue jeans too. I'll just have to do some pallete working . . . which I don't enjoy, but it should be worth it in the end. Hey! Do you have any pictures of what you want? I have a good idea of what you want from your description, but a picture would be better. If you do, PM me with them or post them in the thread you made earlier. Thanks. :)

i cant see the black skin on them but there still great! :thanx:

Top Bottom