Pre-NESdim: Lanumata Maka

NedimNapoleon

Weird Little Human
Lanumata Maka - Green Rock

Long ago, during the first age of the tribe, when fierce warriors roamed the main island and life for the Polynesian was good and fulfilling our ancestors decided to move from the island and find a new home. Days went by sailing in the great ocean, no land in sight, until a great storm sent from the gods blew us a shore this green rock. The settlers canoes during the storm were separated and the people ended up on different parts of the island. The Island was big and it had nice fish and sweet fruits. The settlers merged together and formed a tribe, a village under mount Nofo ki lalo. The tribe had lots of souls, young and old, we lived in harmony until the last generation. The last generation found out that mount Nofo ki lalo was no mount but a volcano. It looked like the end of days came the numerous people of the tribe dispersed all in a fight to survive, now the new generation has stood up and new tribes are starting to form under the leadership of new tribal leaders, out of one tribe came many.

Rules:

Roleplay and starting:
Roleplaying as in any NES will be rewarded and is the essence of the game, the first update will be year 0 and each turn will be 4 years. No nonsense or heavy machine guns you are roleplaying a Polynesian tribe with no metal tools. An example of a first post: Nation name, flag or banner, color, location on the map, focus and religion, anything extra would be nice.

Stats:
Everyone will start with generic stat numbers such as population, food resources, warriors, trade relations, manpower/building, number of villages

Population: As you assume its the number of people in your tribe, you start with a population of 30 people, 25% are male 25% female and 50% are children, these stats will of course change as the game progresses. Each person uses 0.5 food resources, if you have a surplus in food resources there is a bigger chance of gaining more children (those under 16 and they cant be warriors until they grow up), the number of children will increase the food resource production if you have enough land or canoes. You need at least 20 people to form a new village.

Food resources: Well you need to feed your people. The more land the more food, there are several ways to get food and you will focus on one and you will get the best yield from it but you can still use other methods of getting food that are different from your focus, because its not smart to keep all your apples in one basket. There are several ways of producing food and those are:
Farming - Big yield, can store, average risk of famine, you can produce more by expanding by land, employes male and female
Fishing - Good yield, rare famines, can store, requires canoes and forested land, employes male and children
Hunter & Gatherer - Average yield, cant store but highly mobile, employes whole population.

Warriors: You use them in war, every grown man is a warrior, RP will increase your chance of a successful fight, with warriors you can occupy (gives a revolt risk), pillage (just plunders the village but it remains in the hands of the enemy) and raise the village (everyone is killed and its raised to the ground).

Trade relations: You can trade with other players food resources, labor, prisoners, and objects. Food resources is simple, you can trade lets say fish for pineapple, trade between food is good because a diverse diet will lower the chance of disease. You can also gift someone food to secure alliances. Labor, slaves that increase manpower when building, you can obtain slaves via war (captured) or criminals from your own population. Prisoners are a bit different, you can ransom a prisoner if hes high value (prince, cheif...). Objects, you can trade anything from canoes for religious stone statues.

Manpower/Building: Shows the number of people employed to build a certain structure. When a person is employed to work he cannot be already employed in producing food or war. Things you can build:
Canoes - used in fishing (5 manpower)
Chiefs Hut - a governmental building that allows trade (10 manpower)
Granary - only for farming, stores food (5 manpower)
Smoke House - only for fishing, stores fish (8 manpower)
Temple - Can prevent natural catastrophes (15 manpower)
Totem - Expands the borders of the village (10 manpower)
Warrior Statues - Gives warriors a 25% fight chance
More buildings may be added

Villages: A village is were people live. Each village has its area (de facto the your territory) the number of villages a player can have is limitless, by sending 20 of your villagers you can form a new village, I advise building them next to rivers and on hills.

Expanding: You can expand your village by sending scouts to claim it, the more scouts you send the better chance (scouts are just villagers that you send), there is a limit to expansion of one village so thats why you build new villages, scouts also remove the black are (fog of war) and you can also sends scouts with canoes to find a new island, the chances are slim at first and it requires extra food it will happen eventually.

Religion: You can create your own religion but if you are pious and build for your religion it can be very useful, also later in the game you can train shamans which prevent diseases.

Natural disasters: Anything from earthquakes to tsunamis to volcanoes may happen in this game so be careful.

Focus and tech: You focus on a type of food production and those are
Farming, Fishing and Hunter/Gathering you get a bonus 25% yield if you focus on it. Tech develops through roleplay so if someone does some superb roleplay he can infact discover a useful tech.

I think thats that, but if there are any more questions on the rules say so. Sign ups are well up.

Interested.

Also interested, though I have never NESed before. Unsure whether I should just write something up and stick it in this thread, or wait for acceptance.

Am I correct in assuming that there's one generation between the start of the NES and when Nofo ki lalo erupted, so about thirty years have passed?

Mega necro.. but then i would love to see this revived

An IOT started yesterday based on this.

I recognize this, I want in with the samen village as in the IOT :D

EDIT: wait, I see it isn't going to run... well, I'll stay with just the IOT version then :p

Top Bottom