no defense or culture buildings v138

glssr60

Chieftain
Not receiving free culture buildings for first four cities when policy is unlocked....also not receiving defense building when completing policy tree.

It WAS 1.38 vanilla but have since upgraded to 1.385 and it now works...thx

Playing as Korea, I selected Ceremonial Rites for my last policy in the tradition tree, but as far as I could tell, received no benefit from it. I had two cities, with a monument already in my capital and no buildings in my second city.

Playing as Korea, I selected Ceremonial Rites for my last policy in the tradition tree, but as far as I could tell, received no benefit from it. I had two cities, with a monument already in my capital and no buildings in my second city.

Moderator Action: Merged with a similar thread.

Ceremonial Rites (on tradition tree) no longer puts a monument in my capitale? Not postivie if this is a bug or not - but since i do not have any other cities at the moment i assume it is.

I did a quick test: started a game, got the policy, and a monument appeared in my capital. Try v139 to see if it works. If it does not, there must be some special circumstance causing a problem. If you have an autosave from before the problem occurs, could you post a zip file containing:

• Savegame from just before you acquire the policy.
  • Mods folder: \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

I've also run into problem with Ceremonial Rites not granting a free culture building. Version 138.10.

I did a quick test: started a game, got the policy, and a monument appeared in my capital. Try v139 to see if it works. If it does not, there must be some special circumstance causing a problem. If you have an autosave from before the problem occurs, could you post a zip file containing:

I've attached a savegame prior of the founding of my second city (Pasagardae). You have a settler to move. When you found the city a monument should be created, but it isn't.
[Edited: removed the savegame because the bug has been fixed]

Anyway the strange behaviour is the following: just found the second city and then save the game. Reload it, and the monument is there!

Until the bug is fixed, I'll use the reload workaround.

I'm playing on Marathon with v139.2. The other mods I have are:

They only add extra information and don't alter the gameplay. I disabled both of them before loading the savegame and the bug still is there.

I recommend you Trade Opportunities. It shows, in one single screen, all the deals you can do with the AIs. It saves you a lot of time. It seems to be fully compatible with your mod.

I've not noticed getting a free culture building upon finishing Tradition. I have 3 cities and the two without monuments still do not have one. Save attached.

Moderator Action: Thread merged with existing one.

Attachments

• Elizabeth_0108 BC-0175.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 39

Tried V139. This time it worked in the capital but not in my second or third city (founded both). I then went in and loaded an autosave - and they showed up. I'm playng korea - is that a problem?

EDIT: V139.2, In a new game same thing, reloading the game makes the buildings appear... which makes it kinda pointless to send a save game file! :(

Ceremonial rites is supposed to give a free culture structure in the first 4 cities. Both my cities have a monument and I have temple tech researched but after selecting the policy no temples appear in my cities. Saving and then reloading corrects the issue. Haven't tried making a 3rd city to see if I get a monument but ill check.

I was playing as England, Continents, Standard, Warlord, Standard speed.

In v140.3 I've enabled some debug text. Please enable the lua.log file, and when the problem happens again, zip the log and attach it to a post. This might help figure out what's going on.

In v140.3 I've enabled some debug text. Please enable the lua.log file, and when the problem happens again, zip the log and attach it to a post. This might help figure out what's going on.

The bug is now fixed in version 141!. I've attached the lua.log file. I've made the test with the savegame I posted above in this post: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11376978&postcount=12

To do further testing, I've reverted back to version 139.2 and the bugs reappears. It seems something you've changed in version 140 (which I haven't tested) or 141 has made the trick! :goodjob:

Attachments

• Lua.7z
    1.4 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom