Space Sector PAX East impressions

Interesting article. I think he reads a bit too much into the focus on religion & espionage over AI & diplomacy. Of course the marketing talk is going to be about the new features, rather than updates of existing features. Both are obviously important, but it's clearly the former that are going to be focused on. I don't think that necessarily indicates anything about whether AI & diplomacy have been seriously looked at.

Interesting. What is that large white squarish castle in Addis Abada?

Is it Himeji? I don't remember that being white, but then I don't build it very often.

Who is the light brown two city civ on the minimap? Celts are on the left. Huns are obviously the light gray.

1. Carthage is that ugly gray/purple
2. Austria is red/white
3. Maya? Maybe the light blue but the UU looked yellow so I don't think they are in that game.
4. Light blue is probably Byzantium.
5. Netherlands is orange
6. Ethiopia is dark green

So I think the light brown is probably the last civ. Unless both the light blue and the brown are both the Mayan/Byzantines...

So what civ would be represented well by those colors?

Also, can someone check the demo again and tell me what the names are of the Hunnic cities to the south bordering light blue? That would tell us what civ light blue represents.

I think that is the Mayans. The old screenshot of the Atlatl was not very good because the screen was darkened by a pop-up and then artificially lightened for clarity.

I see that Arioch has it on his Analyst site. I don't know where he got it from.

Isn't that the ... err... straight tower of pisa right in the middle (outside of the city walls)?

Think they are talking about the one in the top left corner with with white domes.... doesn't look like ND but I'll take their word for it.

Isn't that the ... err... straight tower of pisa right in the middle (outside of the city walls)?

It appears to be leaning if you look closely, kindof leaning towards the camera.

While I believe you, where did you see this?

when they show you the espionage screen with Theodora's warnings. It has two Byzantine cities, Constantinople and Adrianople.

I may be wrong, though.

Top Bottom