Starting Techs:
~ Alphabet
~ Bronze Working
~ Ceremonial Burial
~ Horse Riding
~ Iron Working
~ Map Making
~ Warrior Code

This month a conquest game with a accelerated startup. Good luck and have fun. Submit your game before June 1st, 2012.

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach them directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file). No extra save is needed.

Please sent the savegames only to civ2gotm@gmail.com.

Have fun.

Edit: I have just created the page. And added the savelink in this post.

Starting save is here.

Last edited:
I have never played chieftain or accellerated startup. This would be my first game for both. If I recall correctly, the manual says that in chieftain when you build a settler your city size does not go down by one. Thus settlers are even worth more than before.

I have never played chieftain or accellerated startup. This would be my first game for both. If I recall correctly, the manual says that in chieftain when you build a settler your city size does not go down by one. Thus settlers are even worth more than before.

Having started already, I can tell that is not the case, the city size decreases as usual. You can't build a size-1-settler, but that is not an option in this game anyway.
However in chieftain-level you sometimes get free embassies with the AI when you physically meet them, but I am not sure about the conditions for this. You just get a message "... agrees to exchange ambassadors" at the end of the meeting.

You just get a message "... agrees to exchange ambassadors" at the end of the meeting.

That happens on Chieftain when diplomatic meetings go particularly well.

With the accelerated start up and the 20 year turn increment, is there anyway to know what game turn it is (when will the OEDO turns occur)?

With the accelerated start up and the 20 year turn increment, is there anyway to know what game turn it is (when will the OEDO turns occur)?

There is. Here are some highly useful files I found somewhere deep inside these forums:

Attachments

• oedo_year_size.zip
    509.7 KB · Views: 59
Actually, I figured this out about 2 minutes after I signed off last night. Each turn is 20 years later than the previous turn. The game still 'started' in 4000BC. We are starting in 3180BC. So it looks like the accelerated start 'played' the first 41 turns for us. It is turn 42.

Welcome X The Magnifice and congratulations on scoring a star. Was this your first entry?

First and so far only one. I've played 2 or 3 other GOTM, but with results that I didn't find worth submitting (I don't HAVE to score a star every try, but I should feel at least somewhat satisfied with the result)

As someone who submits only occasionally, I can say that sometimes your judgement on how well you've done during a game can be very wrong.

In GOTM 125 I stopped playing for a while because I thought I wasn't doing very well. Fortunately for me, I decided to finish the game, and I ended up winning the GOTM.

OK, in the future I'll submit if I have at least made myself Master of the World by the end of the game , even if I reach that point too late to develop it much (which is what happened in those games, I didn't submit).
Anyway, it needs some games I feel ready to play. I've only just started playing King, and is far from having mastered that yet - at present I wouldn't attempt anything above Prince.

Turn in any serious attempt; even if you lose. Play the GOTMs even the ones you feel are above your level. The learning experience is invaluable.

Top Bottom