What should be the team's focus for the next release

What should be our main focus for the next release?

• Multiple Maps prototype - Glactic Era

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Nomad prototype

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Unit Supply Lines

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Progenitor Culture System

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Dynamic Trait System & Era Achievements prototype

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C2C is currently expanding in many directions at once. It has been suggested that we poll of player base for guidelines on what we should focus on for the next release.

There are many things that are under discussion and some are at the prototype and development stage.

Big changes

- Multiple Maps - Galactic Era (or at least the solar system)
- Multiple Maps - Tactical Battles
- Multiple Maps - Underground/Underwater
- Nomad Start
- Bad stuff happens - disease, alien invasions
- Unit supply lines
- Expand diplomacy (barbarian, goody village and other WLBO and Thomas stuff)
- Religion overhall
- Dynamic Trait System and Era End Achievement
- Custom Properties - Air/Water Pollution
- Custom Properties - Climate and Weather
- Progenitor Culture System
- Guilds Overhaul

This poll reminded me of a Poll that Afforess made a long time ago for RoM/AND. Perhaps some of his unfinished ideas could be made in C2C. Note that some are obsolete such as the goods system now that we have unlimited resources but others may be of interest.

Question of the Week: Next Feature? - By Afforess
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=359410

It was a tough choice, too bad I couldn't choose both the 'ProGenitor Civ' and the dynamic trait system.

Multiple maps, nomads, and supply lines were also great picks. Tough to choose.

Expanded Diplomacy
Multiple Maps Galactic
Progenitor Culture System (if I understand it right)
Guild overhaul

The one I don't want to see happen is Religion Overhaul with the only the following exceptions: to Remove Limited and Choose Options. I think that Religions with Multiple Spread is perfection and does not need to be overhauled/ updated/ etc..

JosEPh

Guild Overhaul, and a few wonder balances for me.
nerf encyclopedia, and might as well reduce or remove fusion's +1000 hammers per city until its ready to be used. ATM its just a massive jump where everyone gets superpowers. I know its meant for galatic erra stuff, but that's not ready anyways.

I voted for galactic era multimaps, sice they bring a new game element that combines my love for civ with my love for sci fi space games.

On second place is supply lines, closelx followed by the expanded diplomacy.

So much for my wishes. Realisticly speaking: you already got some work on the nomads, would be a wasre to stop it for something else.

I voted for nomad/weather (I guess it's included in that option)

I understand that a lot of people want the other maps but then again it is uncertain if late game can handle it and if they ever get into a not-boring (not-lonely #1) late game... so...

To me this feels like putting the cart before the horse.
Also, 'fish always begins to stink at the head'.
So, try not to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Ok, my supply of multi-cultural proverbs is used up for today...

omg vote dynamic traits as if you will ever get to multiple maps 90% of the time, no need to rush for this! Whereas traits atm are completely unbalanced and need to be redone.

I'm casting my vote for getting the Nomad System finished as it bears a direct influence on the early game. Right now there's not much to do in the early game with all the additional techs set up for just the Nomad System. Also it will mean balancing off the tech costs for both Prehistoric and possibly later Eras when the Nomad Techs are all in place, which is also something I set a high priority on.

Cheers

My vote is for the nomad start first as it is early game so far more people will get to enjoy it.

I have also voted nomad, because:
  • First impressions last. Early game is what people play first , and every time (well, barring advanced start)
  • The current early game feels a bit 'sparse', especially as its tech tree expands (and therefore needs more usage)

Expanded dimplomacy and supply lines (limits on early movement) are the things I would like to see the most. Dynmanic traits and progentior cultures would be next on my list.

I think the Unheathiness mod and like DRJ, the Weather focus should be added.
I also think the Nomad mod should probably be the smartest focus, but personally I want to see the multiple map overlays: galactic, weather, and underwater get some love:)

i voted nomad but i think you should add to the guilds the ones from the scenario "crossroads of the world"

could you write a short description of every choise to undestand what we are going to vote

This was my first attempt at one of these. Next time I will put links to the discussions in.

I voted multiple maps (first on space, maybe later on underwater/subterranean and so on)

by the way, what is unit supply lines?

Unit supply lines restricts how far a unit can move away from your nation.

My vote is for the nomad start first as it is early game so far more people will get to enjoy it.

I have also voted nomad, because:
  • First impressions last. Early game is what people play first , and every time (well, barring advanced start)
  • The current early game feels a bit 'sparse', especially as its tech tree expands (and therefore needs more usage)

I am going to have to go with these guys, i never thought of it before, but they are correct, "First Impressions" are a MUST!!:p

:mischief:So we reward Hydro's knee jerk reaction of adding more prehistoric techs before they are needed. :sigh: How will he ever learn. :mischief:

I have not even tried AIAndy's stuff yet.

Top Bottom