Preorder bonuses?

Maybe it will be like the Babylon situation that happened with the vanilla version. They could have the Zulus as an additional DLC that could be released to everyone in a couple months- it would certainly boost sales even though the sales will be good enough

I don't care what we have to pay for the DLC, I'll pay it: I just want some more non-European civs! With the addition of Sweden, I insist on getting both the Kongo (or Zulu, or Great Zimbabwe) and Brazil (or Gran Colombia). You can also add Portugal in with that DLC pack, as Portugal honestly does belong in the game. A DLC pack consisting of the Kongo, Brazil, and Portugal would make for a very fun exploration, trade, and colonization scenario, and it would add to three continents, two of which are very deserving. Please do it Firaxis, I'll pay anything for it, I just want more diversity! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME FIRAXIS?! ARE YOU LISTENING?!? :mad:

As you can tell, I have moved on to stage three of grief: bargaining. :)

My guess is maps or soundtrack or something like that. The most I can see is future DLC to be determined. I don't think they have 10 new civs prepared just yet, so they aren't going to give free Zulu to anyone.

If they give a civilization which falls in the same category of the preorder bonus from Civ5,they would only let us know when they release the preorder in Steam . Until there,there are and there will be much more complainings about the fact that Europe is highly over-represented .

I would've thought that if there were pre-order bonuses, they would've already announced them, given pre-ordering has been available for a while.

I have also thought about this. What about giving Sumeria or the Hittites to those who preorder? They are already in the game, just not available outside their scenario.

I have also thought about this. What about giving Sumeria or the Hittites to those who preorder? They are already in the game, just not available outside their scenario.

They aren't in the game. Their name is in the game and so is a unit. There is no leader art, no music, and no voice actor to play them. Considering the amount of work required to find a speaker of Ancient Hittite, this isn't a small addition.

I bet there's some lame preorder maps like there were for Civ V's preorder, they probably just haven't been announced yet.

I did just preorder here in Norway. Didn't get any bonuses. But I preordered in a store so I am going to get a box copy, maybe some bonus for those who preorder by Steam?

Civ 5 should never EVER have to put up Soundtracks to be paid for.. why? What for? You can get them in .ogg from the game files for free (well, you gotta own the game btu still)

Cant tell if your trolling but ill bite. This is a terrible idea lol. I hope its just early access or free DLC.

He's trolling, but he's right in some extent, pretty much every pre-order I saw for a game a hat/or an item was given to TF2 as well.

They aren't in the game. Their name is in the game and so is a unit. There is no leader art, no music, and no voice actor to play them. Considering the amount of work required to find a speaker of Ancient Hittite, this isn't a small addition.

And no UA. The scenario civs just basically copy their UAs from other civs but give them different name and a minor (negligible) difference. Though Hittite isn't so bad. Almost all the ancient Indo-European languages have been fairly well reconstructed (except like Tocharian). A speaker might be a problem, but it wouldn't be hard to get someone to write the leader speech in Hittite with pronunciation guides and have an actor read them.

Top Bottom