What's the civilization you would most like to see in Civilization V

What's the civilization you would mostly like to see in Civilization V?

• Total voters

AbsintheRed

Deity
What's the civilization you would mostly like to see in Civilization V - a.k.a. what is the best missing civ to add?

I tried to make the poll in a way, that all the most popular/likely civs are there as a separate option, while additional civs from similar regions are grouped together - probably the poll will be most representative this way
Of course I could only group together the ones that I find less popular and/or less important and/or or less likely to be included. So it's inevitable that it's more or less subjective - but I tried my best...
(note that polls are limited in 25 options)

For example Europe is overrepresented, so even if there are many candidates, I only put there the most important remaining civs as a separate option
Africa clearly has much more room and also has plenty left out significant civs, so it has more separate options

Note that I created two similar polls with these civs. This one is a single choice poll, the other has multiple choices.
So, this single choice poll is about your favourite missing civ, more or less about the best civ to add
The other multiple choice poll is more or less about the civs you would most likely buy in a DLC or in a second expansion - all the civs you would gladly see in the game
It will be very interesting to compare the two different results

Link to the twin poll:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=460009

Very nice poll. It was a very difficult decision, between Hungary, Brazil and Tibet, for me. I went with Brazil in the end, not because I support "modern" civs in the game, but because it would offer a unique perspective on the game, and fill up a very large gap. I think that Brazil's political history is unique among modern civs, which I think justifies it as a civ more than any other contemporary nation, and personally I like that Brazil went Independance to Empire, rather than straight to Republic.

Being eurocentric myself - being practically a european - Hungary definitely is a major power that should be in the game. Portugal is the same case, but I highly expect Portugal in a DLC, and I'm more of a fan of Hungary than Portugal.

Then Tibet - Tibet would definitely offer a very different playstyle. But in the end I'm not sure I'd play them.

Very nice poll. It was a very difficult decision, between Hungary, Brazil and Tibet, for me.

I do hope for some very interesting results, especially when comparing the two polls with each other

Btw, it's a shame you didn't vote for Hungary in the end :mischief:

I went for the Khmer, because in my opinion they're really under-appreciated in comparison to the other civs. It was a tough choice though - I'd like to see most of the suggestions make it into the game eventually.

I do hope for some very interesting results, especially when comparing the two polls with each other

Btw, it's a shame you didn't vote for Hungary in the end :mischief:

Yeah. If this were a poll for which civ I thought most deserving, I would choose Hungary, simply because it was a highly successful state in its day, - and I mean highly - and may be leaning towards success in the future. I still hope they would include Hungary - then the list of favourite civs would be complete, but for one.

I think that Brazil's political history is unique among modern civs, which I think justifies it as a civ more than any other contemporary nation, and personally I like that Brazil went Independance to Empire, rather than straight to Republic.

Some historians like to nickname Brazil's Empire as an "Exotic flower of America",because of their Monarchy . The fact that Brazil could resist to almost all the separative attempts is one of the most interesting things in Brazil's history and that's where their UA would come from .

These polls are like asking to choose between Mom and Dad.

I'd go with Portugal, as they are the only historical global power still out. The changes and new features that G&K is bringing in would allow unique possibilities for a Portuguese civ. Also, they're the last European civ I could deal with before go mad.

But some threads out there convinced me that the Portuguese is at our very doorstep, probably as a DLC. Since Portugal is only a matter of time, I did choose Brazil. It's likely a biased choice, but I genuinely think that its Imperial epoch has a lot to offer to the Game. Unique features, an interesting leader, it'd be a good mix between traditional and "too modern" (in the same line of Sweden's UA or Ethiopia's leader). Also, it'd be the lucky day of those who like Earth maps.

Vietnam.

1) A new and inspired choice for the series. 2) A Civ that can represent the modern period in an interesting way (too many ancient and medieval civs already). 3) Some representation for the anti-imperialists out there.

Leader: Ho Chi Minh
Start bias: Jungle
UA: Rice Paddy Agriculture. +1 food in jungle, can build a farm on jungle without clearing it (jungle remains intact).
UU: Vietcong Guerilla. Replaces modern infantry. Bonus in jungle, bonus defense against air units.
UTI: Cu Chi tunnels. Replaces fort. Can be built on forest/jungle, can be built stacking on same tile as other terrain improvement.

This is a tough choice. Portugal, Kongo and the Khmer would be up there for me. I think I might reserve my vote until later.

Moderator Action: Edited the thread title slightly for clarity.

Moderator Action: Please note that discussion on different ideas you have about civs should be posted in the relevant stickied thread at the top of this subforum. Please keep your discussion in this thread (and its twin) confined to the topic at hand.

These polls are like asking to choose between Mom and Dad.

Yeah, this poll is a very hard choice, there are still too many great candidates
That's why I made the twin-thread too ;)

Btw, I wanted to have Assyria, Israel/Hebrews, Vietnam, Nubia and a couple others as separate options, especially for this poll
Unfortunately the poll limit is 25

Indonesia for me, they'd be a nice fresh face for the series. Srivijaya for preference, but I'd take what I could get.

I gave my vote for the Khazars in this one. As I don't think that many will vote for them.

As I don't think that many will vote for them.

Umm, I know you didn't mean it a wrong way, but to make everything clear:
That's not really the point of this poll

The key question everyone should ask from himself/herself:
If there were only one further civ added, and it is totally up to you (and only you), what would be the single civ you put into the game?

I would add the Khazars ;)

Could have bonuses for the new City States; Mercantile and Religious. I don't think any other Civ (at least not confirmed) has that kind of bonus. Also they would be pretty interesting, "obscure" Civ.

I would like to see Canada as a civilization. I know there’s a Mod for it but as a Canadian, for the little time we’ve been completely independent (And even now with the Governor General, we’re still “British”) as well as a member of the British Empire/Commonwealth, we’ve had many contributions: Peacekeeping, playing a major part in the War of the Atlantic, liberation of the Netherlands, etc., Canada has earned great respect. There is Quebec City as a City State, but what if there was Ottawa as a City State. Quebec City is maritime and usually hostile. How about Ottawa be maritime and friendly?

Vietnam.

1) A new and inspired choice for the series. 2) A Civ that can represent the modern period in an interesting way (too many ancient and medieval civs already). 3) Some representation for the anti-imperialists out there.

Leader: Ho Chi Minh
Start bias: Jungle
UA: Rice Paddy Agriculture. +1 food in jungle, can build a farm on jungle without clearing it (jungle remains intact).
UU: Vietcong Guerilla. Replaces modern infantry. Bonus in jungle, bonus defense against air units.
UTI: Cu Chi tunnels. Replaces fort. Can be built on forest/jungle, can be built stacking on same tile as other terrain improvement.

I agree with Vietnam, but I personally would focus more on the Dai Viet era than the modern era. Maybe have a Vietcong Guerrilla as a UU anyway

I had to choose Hungary.

Many great scientists and Budapest is a strong place of culture with the first suspension bridge built over the Danube.Lots of parks and works of art.The history is a long and rich one with both heartaches and triumphs.

I agree with Vietnam, but I personally would focus more on the Dai Viet era than the modern era. Maybe have a Vietcong Guerrilla as a UU anyway

I don't know, I like seeing more modern leaders, although I'm not up on my vietnam history, so perhaps Vietnam has a leader that was simply a better leader? I like it when i feel like each Civ get's the leader that did the most for their country, which is why even though I really like Abraham Lincoln as a leader, ultimately I agree with the Washington choice. Same goes for Wu Zetian, haters, she totally deserves to be in.

Oh and I voted for Tibet!
+3 faith and +2 culture from all mountains, can build cities on mountain tiles, which boosts defense.
UB: Monk Monestery, replaces Temples, gives Faith along with culture.
UU: Monk. Gives faith points when fortified within city borders.

Top Bottom