Flyboys: WW2 Air Combat AC!

Lighthearter

President of the United States
It's 1943.

German planes contest the skies with British and American aircraft, both sides seeking to gain even a slight edge over the other in contests over the English Channel, Italy, the Mediterranean, and the Atlantic. Thrown into this chaotic mess is a fresh squadron of fighter pilots from across the Allied Powers, ready to do what is necessary to defeat the Nazi war machine.

But all is not well: strange things are being reported deep inside Germany, and it seems the Reich is prepared to change the face of war as we know it in order to gain ultimate victory.

___

Right, now that I've settled that little intro, da rules:

I: Be polite.
II: Don't drag issues from other games into this one.
III: Do NOT argue with the GM.
IV: Respect your fellow players and the GM.
V: No trolling characters, as defined by me.
VI: No trolling in general, as defined by me.
VII: Obey the GM's rules and restrictions.
VIII: The GM reserves the right to ban, penalize and refuse characters at any time, and is not required to explain his reasons.
IX: Do not attempt to circumvent the blacklist.
X: Have fun, damn you.

Blacklist: Christos200, Double A

Chatroom: http://specservdiv.chatango.com/

Gameplay:

Everyone makes their character. I don't really care what your character is, as long as it's intelligent and well thought-out. If you aren't sure, just ask! I don't bite.

At the beginning of each mission in the chatroom, you pick which of the listed airplanes you're flying. You cannot switch out for another plane mid-mission, so choose wisely.

Your plane has 3 attributes: Firepower(ability to deal damage), Maneuverability(Ability to dodge enemy fire) and Resilience(Ability to take hits). The higher the number, the better off you are. Each plane also has secondary weapons that you can use during missions.

Airplanes:

Name: F,M,R

Hawker Hurricane: 7,7,7
1xBomb
2xRockets
P-38 Lightning: 10,5,5
2xBombs
Spitfire: 5,10,5
4xRockets
B-25 Mitchell: 5,3,10
20xBombs
Side Gunners

You'll encounter NPCs as the story proceeds, and have to interact with them. It's your choice how you do so!

Good luck, people!

-L

I AM FIRST yay

Decided not to be Lord Crumpet. He will Never use that piloting skill! :p

Name: Signan Origanam
Description: 6'2, Black Hair, Almost-Black Brown Eyes
Nationality: English
Bio: Born in 1923, Signan lived the life of an average English boy. When war broke out, he had just left school, and as it moved on he decided to enlist in the Air Force. Finishing a rushed training as the air war moved into the later stages of the battle of Britain, he was one of the lucky survivors. Since then he has done moderately well. However, a botched air raid killed off most of his old squadron, and he has now been reassigned.

DT

Wow, another one. I place my bet on 3. And I'm in, of course, although I place my bet on the 0 for that.

Name: Joan Aguilera Cullell (a great-granduncle of mine or something like that, was a pilot during the Spanish Civil War)
Nationality: Republican Spanish

Name: Humberto A. Barrows
Nationality: American

Name: Gabriel Sladariu
Nationality: Romanian

Bio: Gabriel, or as his friends know him, Gabe, was born in Romania in 1924. He immigrated to America in 1934, and was visiting Romania when the war started. Because of his good piloting skills, his family wanted him to join the war, so he did.

I said 0, I win :smug: :p

Name: Józef Gorski
Nationality: Polish
Bio: When the Germans invaded Poland in 1939, Józef took to the skies to defend his homeland. After nearly being shot down over Danzig in late September, he managed to fly his battered craft to England. Once there, he joined the No. 303 "Kościuszko" Polish Fighter Squadron as soon as it was created. During the Battle of Britain, Józef claims to have personally taken down at least 7 German aircraft, in addition to several group kills. From there, Józef has participated in numerous Allied campaigns in the skies over Germany.

LH said he will run a mission as soon as he has 4/5 players. So if any people havent made characters yet, now is the time! :p

DT

Name: Johan Rasmussen
Nationality: Danish
Bio: Johan served in the Danish Army when Denmark was invaded by Germany. He was one of the few troops who even saw battle, and during that, he saw his own brother killed. For that reason, he tried to fight the Germans as a rebel after Denmark became occupied by Germany, but he was caught. He managed to escape, and after that he fled to England, and joined it's military in order to get his revenge on the Germans.

What exactly do you mean by 'rockets' in the weapon category? Also, are we to assume all planes are equipped with MGs and 20mm cannons?

Name: John Husinger
Nationality: Australian-American
Bio: He was born in Australia, is descended from australians, and is 'distinctly not one of those british aristocratic snobs' in his own words. He was australia's only fighter pilot in the British RAF during WW1, but seeking peace after the war led him to America where he joined their newly established air corps. He earned a nice paycheck, and eventually he adopted a son in order to continue his legacy in absence of a fit mate to have his own son with. At the outbreak of hostilities between Japan and the USA he had risen through the ranks to become an air force Colonel, and after serving in a string of campaigns from bases in his native australian south pacific against the Japanese, in which he himself delivered the killing blow to the Japanese light carrier Shoho. Now he has been reassigned to Europe in the wake of a new air offensive by the allies, and he has been chosen to be one of the representatives from America.

Yes, all planes have cannons/MGs.

Rockets as in unguided rocket-propelled explosive warheads - tank-killing weapons. Think a mortar shell with a rocket engine strapped on it.

Tonight's mission will be the bombing of Cherbourg, France - an effort to eliminate as many Nazi ships and planes as possible before they have a chance to react.

Including the battleship Tirpitz.

-L

Oooooh. B-25 is going to have some fun tonight.

One question. Will the bomb bay function in such a way as we can choose how many bombs to drop at once, or will we have to drop our entire payload at once?

Rockets can be fired individually?

So bombs count as secondary weapons right, since I doubt we will be keeping track of MG and cannon ammo?

What do you mean I can't take on 2 dozen enemy planes alone???

Note to Self: Amberhill is a spoilsport. :p

DT

Top Bottom