AI initiates trade, then claims the deal is unfair.

Herex

Chieftain
In my current game (151.7), I'm playing Germany in Marathon speed.
Ramesses II, who is "Afraid" of me, keeps asking for an Open Border deal, but when I try to accept, he claims it's an unfair deal. (He'll accept it, if I give him some gold as well.)

It feels like a bug, since he's the one that initiates the trade.

EDIT: Another issue I have with trading, although this may be a bug with Civ 5, not your mod:
If I during a trade try to make a deal where I give a luxury and get more than 10:c5gold: pr. turn, the AI gladly accepts, and then, when I go and check the Deal History, it says I'm getting only 5:c5gold: pr. turn. That's really annoying. :mad:

The first happens occasionally. I have a feeling it's not a bug. Note that no one truly friendly ever does it.

With regard to gpt... it is certainly misleading, but the bug may be in the accounting. I think the gpt we see is a gross figure, including gpt already allocated.

Well, at first I figured it was just a display error in the Deal History page, but when I mouseover the :c5gold:icon in the menu bar, to see economy breakdown, it's clear that I'm only getting 5:c5gold: from other civilizations.

And regarding Ramesses, you're right, looking at the negative/positive modifiers, he was clearly not happy with me, with 5 negative modifiers, and no positive ones. :)

Well, at first I figured it was just a display error in the Deal History page, but when I mouseover the :c5gold:icon in the menu bar, to see economy breakdown, it's clear that I'm only getting 5:c5gold: from other civilizations.

I think I wasn't clear. What I meant was that it looks to you as if the AI has (for example) 30 gpt available, but in actuality it has 5 gpt, because 25 gpt is already going to other deals.

I say this because this happens to me, but I don't always get just 5 gpt. Sometimes I get the full amount. And I've also noticed that sometimes an AI's gpt is grayed out (no matter the size), at which point none of it is available - you can't click on it.

I think I wasn't clear. What I meant was that it looks to you as if the AI has (for example) 30 gpt available, but in actuality it has 5 gpt, because 25 gpt is already going to other deals.

I say this because this happens to me, but I don't always get just 5 gpt. Sometimes I get the full amount. And I've also noticed that sometimes an AI's gpt is grayed out (no matter the size), at which point none of it is available - you can't click on it.

I see, thanks. Not a native english speaker, so never fully grasped the net/gross concept. I get it now. :)

When you change the gpt from the computer you MUST hit enter after typing the amount or it doesn't notice the change. So it defaults to 5 gpt when you add it to the trade, you highlight and type 30 AND HIT ENTER to lock in the change. If you want to be really safe add something else to the trade and remove it to make sure the gpt stays at your new amount.

When you change the gpt from the computer you MUST hit enter after typing the amount or it doesn't notice the change. So it defaults to 5 gpt when you add it to the trade, you highlight and type 30 AND HIT ENTER to lock in the change. If you want to be really safe add something else to the trade and remove it to make sure the gpt stays at your new amount.

I didn't know either of these tricks - thanks. I assume then that it also adjusts the gpt if the AI can't handle it?

Adding somethng then deleting it also adds the "What will make this deal work" button when it goes away as well. Sometimes that can be annoying.

Is there a way to put an update/ refresh button on the trade screen?

Speaking of trades ( i love to interrupt others threads this was it seems :p ) :

Is there a way to scale deals like open borders to game speed ?

While i do get more gold on marathon for luxury resources, it remain same for open border agreement. I get 50 gold for 90 turns where it should be 75 on epic and 150 on marathon.

Aaaaand thats all this time ^^

I don't think your suggestion is possible without access to the game core. I think luxury resources provide the same gold per turn on all speeds (8 :c5gold: per turn). Mutual open borders similarly provides the same gold per turn on all speeds (1% of combined).

I don't think your suggestion is possible without access to the game core. I think luxury resources provide the same gold per turn on all speeds (8 :c5gold: per turn). Mutual open borders similarly provides the same gold per turn on all speeds (1% of combined).

Yes 8 per turn for luxury. Thats why u get 720 gold for 90 turns deal on marathon.

However thats not the case for open borders. U get 50 gold from AI for selling your open borders on standard speed and marathon.

So just as u get 240 gold on standard speed for luxury and 720 on marathon ( 30 turn vs 90 turn deal ), u should get 150 gold for OP on marathon for 90 turn deal in opposition to 50 gold for 30 turn deal on standard speed.

Therefore, just as luxuries are worth 240:c5gold: on standard speed but 720:c5gold: on marathon (for a 30-turn vs 90-turn dea ), one should receive 150:c5gold: for a one-sided/non-mutual OB (open borders) deal on marathon for 90 turns, since the going rate is 50:c5gold: for 30 turns on standard speed.
fyp :)

Top Bottom