Gods of Warfare: A New Space Mod

Any chance u can give the more detailed lists of features like units, civics, game concepts and such?

Tnx for info i might try it later ;)

Hi, I like the evironment you described but im not able to download from the link suplied in the first post. It stucks at "Waitting for dc194.2shared.com..." forever :sad:

Hi, I like the evironment you described but im not able to download from the link suplied in the first post. It stucks at "Waitting for dc194.2shared.com..." forever :sad:
I checked and had the same problem. It could be a temporary server issue. If it's the upload itself, I will be uploading a much newer version jam packed with new stuff, all explained in the top, in the next couple of days. Probably as soon as I hear from The_J about a civspawning modcomp which will be added in this mod.

Copy that.

I wish more scifi mods, so i'll stay around here and overwhelm you with anoying comments LOL

Nah seriously, I'll keep an eye here ;)

Gods of Warfare v0.5 Released!!!
See top post.

After playing around with the alpha in WorldBuilder, I can definitely say this mod has real potential. The story line is looking quite good and unique so far. I can't wait to see where this goes.

I've actually taken a break from modding. For a little bit I worked on the MoreStuffMod but now I'm writing the background story to this mod in more depth. Although, the story isn't mainly for the mod. The mod was made for the story, so the mod won't include everything nor be perfectly accurate. Perhaps I will release a few other installments of the storyline.

After a bit of research I even found that little c with a circle doesn't require any legal processing (for now :rolleyes:) so that's going next to my mod's title.

Not really playable yet then.

JosEPh

nope

I am currently researching more about religion and the Ancient Astronaut Theory and hopefully I'll be back but in the meantime anyone may use the mod as a template providing they don't use my story or characters which are of my creativity.

I apologize for my cynicism in this post, but it's very frustrating to download a mod, realize I have to download both versions to have something playable at all, and finally realize it's not a playable game before deleting the mod. I do not recommend downloading this mod because:

• It's annoying that I have to download both 0.11 and 0.50 to have all of the files to even open up a basic map with the mod.
  • The mod is currently unplayable. There is not a scenario map, much less a map script, that can play all of the factions included with this mod.
  • The mod's author has stated that "I've actually taken a break from modding" which undoubtedly means that someone else will have to finish up the mod.
  • However, someone else taking the reigns is not possible because the author has flagrantly violated the modiquette, which states that "no permission is required to use content that is uploaded". The limited permission the author has given "providing they don't use my story or characters which are of my creativity" is too vague of a restriction for someone else to finish up this mod (since "characters" undoubtedly means the factions included with the mod, and "story" is pretty much the entire mod).

Also, to make a science fiction mod with multiple solar systems where each planet is its own tile is not really feasible with the Civ4 engine -- to pull it off without requiring complete suspension of disbelief on the players' part -- to keep everything on a single map, we would have to have another solar system inside of Neptune's orbit -- requires both a star system map and separate "zoom in" maps for each planetary system. While there is some work being done to make this possible, it's a hack and at best pushes Civ4's engine to the limit.

I encourage the author of this mod to make further contributions to Civ4, either complete or incomplete, but request that the author understand and comply with the modiquette before making any further contributions.

Also, to make a science fiction mod with multiple solar systems where each planet is its own tile is not really feasible with the Civ4 engine -- to pull it off without requiring complete suspension of disbelief on the players' part -- to keep everything on a single map, we would have to have another solar system inside of Neptune's orbit -- requires both a star system map and separate "zoom in" maps for each planetary system. While there is some work being done to make this possible, it's a hack and at best pushes Civ4's engine to the limit.

I encourage the author of this mod to make further contributions to Civ4, either complete or incomplete, but request that the author understand and comply with the modiquette before making any further contributions.

Yes, internally the Multi-Maps code is a bit of a hack, but once we get it working and into C2C it will be polished on the outside. It will be/is already possible to also use the same underlying code to also reduce strain on the engine by only displaying part of a map at a time. This 'viewport' is all that the game engine sees, which means that the engine uses far less graphics memory. Currently, C2C has experienced a 30-50% drop in overall memory usage from this, which will be available in our V25 release.

Also, we are planning on using this mod's terrain for our Solar System map, so that may be the continuation of this.

Top Bottom