RI mod 3.1 Chinese translation ver 0.1

zwei833

Emperor
This is a surprising development, but what can I say - cool! Keep up the good job! :goodjob:

Do you need any help with that (with an obvious caveat that none of us speak Chinese)?

Awesome!

EDIT: It doesn't work for me :( I replaced the RI Assets file by the Chinese version one but the game won't start. I'm using BTS 3.19 though, that might be the source of the problem. What is BTS 1.8? I see no such patch version (is it 1.74?). If so, why not base your edition on the latest version of BTS (3.19)?

EDIT2: I just replaced the XML, Python and res files in the Assets file of RI. The game loads but I see no chinese characters. Where text should be all there is are blank spaces or the typical gibberish you get when unsuccessfully trying to display hanzi. Maybe it's still due to the fact that I'm using 3.19...

Awesome!

EDIT: It doesn't work for me :( I replaced the RI Assets file by the Chinese version one but the game won't start. I'm using BTS 3.19 though, that might be the source of the problem. What is BTS 1.8? I see no such patch version (is it 1.74?). If so, why not base your edition on the latest version of BTS (3.19)?

EDIT2: I just replaced the XML, Python and res files in the Assets file of RI. The game loads but I see no chinese characters. Where text should be all there is are blank spaces or the typical gibberish you get when unsuccessfully trying to display hanzi. Maybe it's still due to the fact that I'm using 3.19...

I am not Chinese, and I don't have Chinese Civ 4 and thus haven't tried that myself, but I think what you are reporting is, from my experience, linked to there existing several different localized versions of Civ 4 in Chinese language - and they use different slots for Chinese language. Try switching language to some other, and see if the mod's text becomes Chinese (although then you'll get some English/Chinese mix likely). It is the same with Russian versions there.

Awesome!

Sorry for my mistake , it should be 3.19.
About your problem ,are you using Chinese edition BTS or English edition BTS?

It's the belgian edition :p
Well at least I bought it in Belgium. Maybe it's the french edition. Certainly not the Chinese edition though...

I didn't know Civ4 version localisation could have an impact on this. Damn, I want to play chinese civ so much! That way I could study and have fun at the same time!

It's the belgian edition :p
Well at least I bought it in Belgium. Maybe it's the french edition. Certainly not the Chinese edition though...

I didn't know Civ4 version localisation could have an impact on this. Damn, I want to play chinese civ so much! That way I could study and have fun at the same time!

Well,you need the Chinese BTS to run this pack.
You should first download the BTS Chinese translation pack here
http://www.civclub.net/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=25051&extra=page=1

Hey! I got myself a copy of chinese civ4 (bought the complete edition for 15 yuan on taobao) so I re-downloaded your chinese translation pack (the v.0.2) and everything seems to work well. I'm very happy! Thank you and keep up the good work!

EDIT 6/11: I noticed that the ingame diplomacy menu becomes inaccessible when using the chinese translation pack. [New Edit : apparently it's just the resources panel in the diplomacy menu.]

)
EDIT 6/11: I noticed that the ingame diplomacy menu becomes inaccessible when using the chinese translation pack. [New Edit : apparently it's just the resources panel in the diplomacy menu.]

I noticed this problem too , I ask other Chinese modders and they said this is link to the programe inside code .I am very sorry but none of us can do anything to fix it .

Top Bottom