Commerce Opener works like Honor Opener

FeiLing

Deity
Commerce Opener works like Honor Opener

Game Version: 1.0.1.511

This is awesome. The cause could be a hidden code snippet that hasn't been removed when a game mechanic was changed.
I believe the Commerce Opener once was supposed to reveal Barb Camps on different continents,
while the Honor Opener only should work for your home continent. So much for my theorycrafting.

What's going on? In the middle of the game (note: not from an autosave or whatever) I take the Commerce Opener.
Suddenly two barbarian camps are being revealed to me in the same way the Honor Opener works.
Interestingly both of these barb camps are not on the main landmass but on small 2-tile islands.

Note that the SP constellation might have to do something with this bug, as this has never occurred to me before
when opening Commerce. So Honor also being opened (and nothing else taken) might be what causes this to happen.

Pictures:
Spoiler :

Here's the savegame:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5773554/.../CommerceOpenerBug.Civ5Save
(just one turn before the game (TSG34) was won^^)

I have had this happen before. I believe it's just a very minor bug that prevents the Honor opener from working until you have chosen the new policy.

Pouakai; I can't see anything of interest in that file.

Ranos; You are absolutely right: It happens no matter which policy is chosen. So the bug actually is what you just said:

When a new SP becomes available the Honor Opener barb spawning reveal mechanic is disabled until a SP is chosen.

That minor bug probably becomes major though if one plays with Policy Saving enabled!

Top Bottom