OptNES: Blueprint Humanity [Map Creation Thread]

Optical

The Fall of the Eleventh

OptNES:
Blueprint Humanity
MAP CREATION STAGE

NEXT UPDATE: Tuesday 12 June or whenever orders die down

Spoiler :
Who do we owe our existence to? What has this world come from?

Beings have influenced this land, whether or not they have touched any other. Call them gods, spirits, whatever you choose, this is a designer world.
Now look, as we examine the details, people appear. Great cities grow, society puts out roots and, as is always the way, humans begin feuds, vendettas... wars. Soldiers die and kill at the whim of great families, rulers and cities.

It’s into this world that heroes will be born. Conflicts will tear this world apart, diplomats will sew it back together again, and only for it to be broken again... conflict and community destroy and build life, each taking their turn to kick humanity into the dust and then pick them up again.
Welcome to humanity. Madness incarnate.

When it comes to humans, nothing ever goes according to the blueprint.

This thread is the beginning stages of a NES that seeks to model the feuds and vendettas of humanity on the scale of and taking its cues from the world of Classical Greece; even though this world will most likely develop in a completely separate direction from the Greeks' homeland, this NES is very much based around the same kind of theme. The struggles of great families are the theme here; like the Greeks, many of them will probably claim descent from a god, and like the Greeks, they will have wars of a number and on a scale that is absolutely astonishing.

Much like their OTL counterparts, the deeds of this NES are set to become the legends of later times, the great literature, the model for societies. Heroes of this day and age are set to be remembered forever.

This NES, however, is set in a world quite different from our own. And that's where you all step in for the first time. I want you to design the map instead of me.

In this map creation thread, you will essentially take the roles of this world's gods. The actual creation process takes a lot of its ideas from EltNES (props to Eltain for his most excellent ideas).

So, without further ado, here are the rules for the creation phase, to be changed at any point by me, the mod:
Spoiler :

Map Creation Phase

Spoiler :
1.1 First Stage
Stage 1 involves creating the shape of the land. Each turn, each player can determine the location of the land and water in one tile, which I will then draw onto the map. To join in this stage, simply post – letting me know that you’re joining – and then post an order.
Islands will be permitted, but we are aiming for a part of a single landmass, and I have veto powers (I am the GM, after all).
After five turns, I will finish off the coasts to my liking.

Spoiler :
1.2 Second Stage
The second stage of map creation borrows heavily from ‘EltNES: This World is Yours’, and will involve the creation of the natural features on the map. Players will receive between 10 and 20 points per turn, and the phase will last 10 updates.
Spoiler details :
Peak: 3 points, limit of 50 on map
Forest: 16 points to cover about ¼ of a square. You can do smaller fractions of squares for smaller numbers of points. Forests will be limited to about 40% of the map.
River: 5 points, tell me where it starts, ends, what tiles the main river runs through. I’ll do tributaries.
Hills: 3 points. Limited to about 20% of map.

Please place features where they would be natural, not just randomly strewn across the map.
Spoiler :
1.3 Third Stage
The third stage is the placement of the cities, and will return to the format of Stage 1. The stage will last two turns, and each turn a player will determine the location of a city along with its name. Try and stick with ancient-sounding names, as that is the feel I would like the NES to achieve during the NES proper.

When you add to the map for the first time, please include some indication that you are joining in your post, as I will be keeping a list. Please also submit a name and domain of a god, as I will be using these as references during the NES proper to who designed what parts of the map - and perhaps other things. This god will also be the patron of your family if you choose to join the NES proper, although this won't have any actual effects besides flavour.

Incidentally, feel free to participate in only this phase or only the proper NES (or both) as you see fit. I only ask that you're all reliable with orders (and be civil/follow the forum rules). :D

Attachments

• banner final.png
    banner final.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 520
The Pantheon

Bair_the_Normal (Chr'jweia, God of Balance) [H2 J8]
Brougal (Aramsaran, God of Fair and Just Rule {Law}) [M6 E7 B5 L8]
Eltain (Chakra, God of the Vine) [L7 F5 F8 K8*]
erez87 (Lorr, God of All Varieties of Love) [G7 H7 F6 E6]

Gem Hound (Sirin, God of Pain and War) [B7 A7 B6 C7]
JoanK (Arrhent, God of Fertility) [A6 A9]
KaiserElectric (Verteig, God of the Dead) [B8 M7 G5]

Kinich-Ahau (Dirgel, God of Symbiosis) [K9 J10]
momo1000 (Pa'az, God of the Sun) [F9 G9]
MoreEpicThanYou (Hu'gura, God of Fire and Earth) [H7]
<nuke> (Ignacius, God of the Sky and Storms) [G8]
nutranurse (Nuepa/Vuxpa, Goddess of the Day and Goddess of the Night)
SouthernKing (X'ryk'zyx, God of Insanity) [F7 G8 A8 A5]
Terrance888 (Takarzi, God of Domination) [H6 H5 H9 B9]
TerrisH (Optnes, Goddess of Chaos, Life, and Freewill) [K4 F2 I4]
theDright (Malar, God of Knowledge) [G6 I3 N7 I9]
thomas.berubeg (Siri, Goddess of Mercy and Redemption) [D3 I5 I8 G4]
ZeletDude (Atyen, God of the Sea) [N10 I2 J4]

*Moust, Goddess of Violent Birth (created by Eltain)
**Brokin, God of Trickery and Lies (created by Gem Hound)
Spoiler The Houses :
The Three Houses

Others
Optnes, Goddess of Chaos, Life, and Freewill
Chr'jweia, God of Balance

House of the Skies
Ignacius, God of the Sky and Storms
Siri, Goddess of Mercy and Redemption
Malar, God of Knowledge (image)
Aramsaran, God of Fair and Just Rule
Pa'az, God of the Sun
Nuepa/Vuxpa, Goddess of the Day and Goddess of the Night

House of the Earth
Hu'gura, God of Fire and Earth
Sirin, God of Pain and War
Takarzi, God of Domination
Chakra, God of the Vine
Lorr, God of Love and Lust
Dirgel, God of Symbiosis
Arrhent, God of Fertility
Moust, Goddess of Violent Birth

House of the Deeps
Atyen, God of the Sea
Verteig, God of the Dead
X'ryk'zyx, God of Insanity
Brokin, God of Trickery and Lies

Spoiler Grouped by general domain :
The Nature Deities
Ignacius, God of the Sky and Storms
Hu'gura, God of Fire and Earth
Atyen, God of the Sea
Optnes, Goddess of Chaos, Life, and Freewill
Dirgel, God of Symbiosis
Pa'az, God of the Sun
Nuepa/Vuxpa, Goddess of the Day and Goddess of the Night

The Pleasure Deities
Chakra, God of the Vine
Lorr, God of All Varieties of Love

The Virtue Deities
Siri, Goddess of Mercy and Redemption
Malar, God of Knowledge
Aramsaran, God of Fair and Just Rule {Law}
Arrhent, God of Fertility
Chr'jweia, God of Balance

The Death Deities
Sirin, God of Pain and War
Takarzi, God of Domination
Verteig, God of the Dead
X'ryk'zyx, God of Insanity
Moust, Goddess of Violent Birth
Brokin, God of Trickery and Lies

* - issues with current turn's orders.
Bolded names have issued orders for this turn.

Map:

Spoiler Template :

The following tiles:
L2-N2
M3-O3
L4-O4
K5-O5
I6-L6, N6 and O6
G7-J7 and O7
H8
must remain fully land (lakes are OK though), to preserve my sanity.

A1-E1, A2-E2, A3-E3, A4-D4 and C5 must remain fully water.

The map ends at row 10 and column O. Sorry for the poor scan.

Current Map

Spoiler :

The map is up. Feel free to post orders.

Joining!

Chakra, the God of the Vine, places...

Land in the northwestern/northern/western quarters of L7.

Mountain in G8

@<nuke>
As far as I can tell, you can't place mountains until the Second Stage of the Map Creation. It's just land/water division in each one.

G6 solid land.

@<nuke>
As far as I can tell, you can't place mountains until the Second Stage of the Map Creation. It's just land/water division in each one.

G6 solid land.

Correct. I guess it wasn't quite clear, so I'll clarify it now: This is Stage I :)

H6 will be a series of islands that look like the Five Finger Lakes shown here.

I'll be fine if you change it a bit. I will be making a "Squid Head" island one square north. :)

My guy will be Takarzi, God of Domination. Whenever Might makes right, that's him.

This looks fun. :D

I am Verteig, God of the Dead! (If that's not allowed, then I'll be the God of the Sea instead.)

Place Sea in B8.

Siri: Goddess of Mercy and redemption

D3: Ocean, but a network shifting sandbanks and reefs, but with gentle currents drawing everything towards the center of the hex, where a peaceful island paradise lies (Forests, fertile lands, etc)

Top Bottom