Vibe's large G+K Europe

vibe96

Warlord
Because Gods and Kings expansion pack is coming soon, I decided to make a TSL europe map featuring the all-new civs. 3 of 9 are european, after all (+ huns and carthage witch are on the map). Map sze is 74x69

I wanted to make a map where all the civs could expand before going to war with their neighbors. I'm having some problems with the netherlands. They start so close to france and germany (2 warmongers:sad:). I already moved denmark to norway and france south. BTW Ottomans will be replaced by Byzantines.

The map currently has all features, terrain and rivers. Starting locations and city-states might change. The map isn't 100% realistic. I will do resources before G+K comes out. Screenshot of the map:

Spoiler :

About the map: Carthage is a full civ. The mt. fuji is under geneva's name and old faithful under reykjavik's name.

I will give more screenshots and information when G+K is released.

The map is downloadable here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=19579

Attachments

• eurooppa G+K.jpg
    eurooppa G+K.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 3,611
This looks nice! I want to make a TSL story with Austria once the XP comes out, so this should do nicely. I just hope my computer can handle this map!

Nice, but wish it went a bit farther East, say to the Urals. Russia doesn't have much breathing room in this version.

I think it's OK, Russia has as much breathing room as other civs.

I wanted russia does't have too much space. They can expand easily to estonia and finland, or towards the western city-states. Their only neighbor is Attila who also has room to expand.¨

What do you think about other civs? Ottomas or byzantines? More room for Holland? Austria few tiles south? Add venice or florence?

I will do the resources when the XP comes out (because there will be new luxuries and bonuses). I will try to upload the map in this month.

It looks great! I wish my computer could run large ones though! x) It's hard to tell between Byzantines and Ottomans, because it would be cool to have ALL the European G&K civs in it, yet the Ottomans are fun to play on Europe maps. I would have to say Byzantium though. :) I think Austria maybe a tile or two south would be good. Maybe if Paris was moved a tiny bit Netherlands would have more room? And out of pure personal preference, I would say Venice. :)

Edit: And btw, I think Russia has enough room.

Is this map ready for G+K? if so where can I get it?

well, I don't yet have [GandK] but I will buy it soon (to get it at 21€ :mischief: ) When I get the game, I post here.

The historical state used to be a part of Venice. I think the world heritage site Ragusa, Sicily. Also, if you want Denmark in Norway, consider renaming Denmark to Norway and all of it's cities to Norwegian cities.

The map is now ready. I will run some tests and take screenshots, and I will upload it today.

Rename the Danish capital Christiania, then it will be by the old Danish name that the Danes rebuilt Oslo under ;)

Looks like a good map BTW.

Top Bottom