Civ V Steam Workshop and beta patch: how to get access

2K Greg

<span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un
Hey guys,

I just wanted to alert you to an announcement I made over on the 2K Forums:
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthrea...V-Steam-Workshop-and-beta-patch-now&p=1594281

Here's the whole post:
Attention all Civilization V modders!

As you may have heard, Civilization V is coming to the Steam Workshop in the next patch (the one accompanying the release of the Gods & Kings expansion.) This new, more feature-rich mod database will replace the current one. As such, we would like to give you early access to the Workshop so you can make sure all of your awesome mods will be available the day we switch over.

Keep in mind that this is the beta version of this patch! While it's very close to final, it might get updated before the patch is publicly released.

There are three steps you need to follow to get access to the beta:

• To access the beta version of the Civilization V Patch, Right-click on the game in steam, select "Properties", then select the "Betas" tab, then select "PCBETA" from the pull-down, and type "pcbeta1702" in the password box. You must click "Verify Password" before leaving this screen.
  • For the SDK Tools beta, Right-click on the SDK in steam (from the Tools list), select "Properties", then select the "Betas" tab, then select "Beta" from the pull-down, and type "sdkbeta" in the password box. You must click "Verify Password" before leaving this screen.
  • Finally, to get access to the actual Steam Workshop, we need to add you to a special group in Steam. Please send an email to CivWorkshop@2KGames.com with the subject "Steam Workshop Beta" and in the body put your Steam ID. You can find your Steam ID in the upper-left of the Steam window when it is running. We will send you a group invite via Steam. Once you accept that invite, you'll be able to see the Civilization V section in the Steam Workshop. (note: please only request access to this if you are actually a mod developer! This is a manual process and it will slow down the more people request access, and I really want to let the modders get a chance to populate the database :))

So there you have it! Check it out, get your mods in the database, and please let me know if you have any issues. I'll be busy at E3 for the next few days, but the devs will be watching the thread for your comments. :)

(One final note: Are you not a modder, but want to check out the beta patch? Feel free! Just follow the first bullet point above to get access. The only thing I request you hold off on is requesting access to the Workshop itself, for the reason stated above. Happy civving!)

Have fun!

No beta patch notes? Oh well, I'm sure everyone here will start tearing it apart. Looking forward to all of the changes coming in the next few weeks.

Yeah, not a modder, but downloading the patch now -- anything to squeeze some life into the game over the next two weeks. We'll see what it includes ...

Can I find the patch notes to the beta patch somewhere?

This is actually the beta version of the patch that will come later this month. They haven't posted the patch notes on the official forums yet. We will have to download it and find out.

This is actually the beta version of the patch that will come later this month. They haven't posted the patch notes on the official forums yet. We will have to download it and find out.

patch notes = load game, find out what changed.

For the Workshop access: Greg really can't accommodate everyone wanting to access it (manual process), so it bears repeating that only actual modders should ask for access.

Made two screenshots.

This is the DLC submenu when you click on 'DLC' in the main menu:

This is part of the game options (but I believe this was already known since the mistaken beta patch was put out a few months ago):

Haven't seen any other new stuff, but I've only superficially skimmed it.

Someone on the official forums stated that not much changed aside from the Steamworks. You can turn off the intro video and turn on movement in MP.

Really doesn't look like much has changed [version is 1.0.1.674 for those interested]

combat is still based on 10hp
the only differences I have noted so far:
options menu has a check for Quick Movement (both sp & mp)
advanced set up menu has check box for Quick Combat AND Quick Movement

I'm sure [I hope!] there are other changes, but this is it so far ...

Yeah, and on the 2K forums, Mega-Dolphin reports that there is a toggle to TURN OFF DLC. This is nice for HOF games, and MP (which I don't play).

and obviously the "mods section" is almost totally gone...

If you send in your Steam handle to request access to the Steam Workshop group, the mods section will make much more sense. :)

Yeah, and on the 2K forums, Mega-Dolphin reports that there is a toggle to TURN OFF DLC. This is nice for HOF games, and MP (which I don't play).

MP doesn't matter. The MP Host decides which DLC are active, so you don't have to worry about it anyways.

For HOF/GotM that will be great given that people normally have to manually move their files to play them without the DLC 'marking' the save file.

^^^^ Wow!
A celebrity in our midst!

Top Bottom