PolyCast Episode 148: "Onwards and Upwards"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Holding onto that hope. The one-hundred-and-forty-eighth episode of PolyCast, "Onwards and Upwards", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Lisa "qnl" Bang with first-time guest co-host Steve "steveg700" Gale; it has a runtime of 59m59s; listeners are encouraged to rate the show on iTunes and follow on Twitter.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m09s | Forum Talk
The arrival at last of the official Civilization V: Gods & Kings website; still with this CivV expansion then, dissecting the nature of the upcoming Machine and Gatling Gun units (07m41s), debating merits of introducing Non-Aggression Pacts (19m30s), whether to bring back a Civil War mechanic (28m59s), and moving availability of the Trading Post improvement to the Guilds technology (36m25s).
- 41m48s | News
The sudden and jarring demise of Rise of Nations developer Big Huge Games.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
A land-based equivalent for the weakness that is the Ironclad in the Civilization series, hearing folly and mute interpretations.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

This is quite interesting. I never took the time to listen to these.

As with #147, doesn't appear to be on iTunes.
Unfortunately the server that hosts the show's RSS feeds is still down. You can still download the episodes from the show's website and load them into iTunes manually, though I recognize that is not as convenient. I don't have an exact timeline on the RSS feeds' resolution, but hopefully sometime in the next week or two.

This is quite interesting. I never took the time to listen to these.
Hope you enjoy the show. :king:

Unfortunately the server that hosts the show's RSS feeds is still down. You can still download the episodes from the show's website and load them into iTunes manually, though I recognize that is not as convenient. I don't have an exact timeline on the RSS feeds' resolution, but hopefully sometime in the next week or two.

Hope you enjoy the show. :king:

The show was great DanQ! You have one more new listener.

I never miss an episode! DanQ is the King! :)

Damn I missed you guys good topics enjoyed this I was looking at my callender when another episode is comming out

The show was great DanQ! You have one more new listener.
:)

I never miss an episode! DanQ is the King! :)
Thank you kindly. :hatsoff:

Damn I missed you guys good topics enjoyed this I was looking at my callender when another episode is comming out
:D; if you're ever want for a PolyCast 'fix' in between new episode releases, first and foremost all of our older episodes are archived and available for download from the show's official website. Additionally, most Saturdays that do not see a new episode released are instead Saturdays when a new episode is recorded live (albeit time sensitive to one's availability).

In follow-up on the status of PolyCast's RSS feed previously discussed above, as well as those of its sibling shows, I'm pleased to write that service to them has been restored at a new location.

For more information including the updated links to each, click here.

Dan, thanks for having me on. Had a great time!

Glad to be able to itunes these once again.

Dan, thanks for having me on. Had a great time!
You're quite welcome, and a thanks to you for being a guest. :) Glad you enjoyed the experience!

For those of you who haven't listened before, Polycast is awesome. A must-listen for all CivFanatics.
Thank you for the kind and enthusiastic recommendation, Bryan. :king:

Top Bottom