New Unit: Mexican Villista

utahjazz7

Deity
Well, I put in a couple of hours on this unit today, and I finished it up. I just couldn't stop working on it. Anyway, it's completed. Enjoy.

Download.

The unit looks good. This unit is good for "The hunt of Pancho Via" scenario :).

Originally posted by zulu9812
Are you going to have a go at making a mounted version now?

I don't know how to do that right now. If I figure it out, I could do it. It'd be nice if someone would cut-and-paste this unit onto the riderless horse though.

You're getting pretty fast putting these things out. Thank you.

One question/criticism: when he fires, he doesn't put the stock to his shoulder. Is there a reason behind that?

Colorful :) I've noticed it's hard to actually get a shoulder fire pose right... It's hard positioning the weapon just so, so it fits in when you go for the fire animation.

Like Kinboat said, it's very hard--if not impossible--to position the gun where the end of the stock is at the shoulder. Keep in mind that I have the keep the gun straight, so that limits the range of motion for the shoulder, forearm, and hand. Anyway, I spent more time on trying to position the gun correctly than anything else. I did the best I could. I do think that this unit holds the weapon more realistically than my Indian Rifleman; I'm getting better.

Great job utah!!!

Just thought I'd remind you all that pesoloco has been making a Gaucho unit (Argentina & Uraguay), that will look much like this unit on a horse. His weapon will be a whip, just like a real gaucho.

Strangely, I was thinking about making a Pancho Villa leaderhead that could be used for a new civ or something...Anyway..

This is cool, however, and I realize the amount of work in these: Your Villista seems short on ammunition - Very, very few of the soldiers, or even just the typical bandits were seen without their bandoleers on (in public anyway). They wore at least one bandoleer, usually two. It wasn't a stereotype, it was fact.

Soldiers of all types; Professional-to-irregular not only carried as much ammunition on them as possibe in the manner available to them at the time, but took a great deal of pride in displaying it. Even the women would wear at least one bandolier when actually armed, though more often than not, it seems they wore a pistol and rig only. The impression of bandoleers being worn to match the men made with rolled scarves, etc.

By all looks, I'd say this fella looks more like a basic dismounted vaquero (cowboy) - who largely shunned firearms early on as not being manly when compared to a knife and the required skill to use it well (They only started taking on sidearms when conflicts with gun toting Americans - usually rustlers - started increasing along the border areas with the population growth of the Frontera/Border.

He'd make an interesting Explorer or Scout. Much better than the foppish Explorer or the distinctivly Native American Scout

All in all, great work! Hope to learn all these "new" skills myself soon and put them to work to help out around here. I found Poser to be remarkably limited in these things - haven't had the time or patience to learn Studio Max or AutoCAD yet..

- Cheers

Top Bottom