The AI is still horrible.

omnishakira

Warlord
I'm a marathon speed player. The AI is really bad on that speed and it hasnt changed.

Anything under diety is an auto-win. (not saying diety is hard or something lol). And its not because im good or something its just ridiculous

- The AI barely uses religion
- has no clue of how to play during war
- Is horrible at using city states and it's even worse now
- Don't make enough cities
- Has poor diplomacy skills
- Suck at using its gold
- His empire management in general is very poor

The only real improvement I noticed is that the AI is now decent with his workers. The rest is so tiny that it really doesnt make a difference.

I really hope you're not done with the AI. The only reason he's kinda decent in diety is because the AI doesnt play CiV anymore, he plays starcraft 2 (pump tons of unit and building like its nothing).

It's pathetic.

thank you for listening to my whining

"horrible" is overselling it a little isn't it?

i'm not convinced anyone starts these threads other than to brag

Just from my little experience, it's at least as good as the AI in previous Civ games. It's not as good as a human, but I'm not real interested in the Machines taking over the world so I'm OK with that.

"horrible" is overselling it a little isn't it?

not bragging. there's nothing to brag about beating that.

I start that thread because I'd like to be challenged by the AI one day

I disagree with several points, Playing Large/Marathon/King.

There are 121 cities, not one spot free for more, this in about 1200 AD. I have had 6 wars because of great prophets. I am getting 10-12 mixed units coming at me at start of wars. Granted easy to fight off as defense, but they do come.

Can it use work? of course, but if they are not building cities it is because of 1 of 3 reasons, take your pick, You are playing Settler,Cheftian or warlord, at prince and up the map fills up. City states, I have lost a few to AI's, still could use work though, as Gold late game is easy.

not bragging. there's nothing to brag about beating that.

I start that thread because I'd like to be challenged by the AI one day

Well, what difficulty level do you play on?

Move it down to standard.

Yeah, I imagine most of the game features are optimized to standard speed. Frankly, marathon sounds kinda boring to me (just more of the same) but to each his own.

diety of course i wouldnt whine otherwise Id just move up

Ive heard the AI is easier on marathon... I dont know why tho, probably because the game is easier on faster speed. Marathon is the speed I like to play on and I expect a decent AI on any speed

Doesn't. Marathon make games easier?

Yeah I believe someone once said to the effect "Marathon is like playing two levels lower than the difficulty you set it on", which is sad because it really sounds like a fun speed to get into the "historical" groove.

I disagree with several points, Playing Large/Marathon/King.

There are 121 cities, not one spot free for more, this in about 1200 AD. I have had 6 wars because of great prophets. I am getting 10-12 mixed units coming at me at start of wars. Granted easy to fight off as defense, but they do come.

Can it use work? of course, but if they are not building cities it is because of 1 of 3 reasons, take your pick, You are playing Settler,Cheftian or warlord, at prince and up the map fills up. City states, I have lost a few to AI's, still could use work though, as Gold late game is easy.

I'm currently playing immortal/huge(14AI)/marathon and the map is nowhere near filled

"Marathon is like playing two levels lower than the difficulty you set it on", which is sad because it really sounds like a fun speed to get into the "historical" groove.

Really ? :-/

Its sad indeed because it's really fun to have a 2 week long game

diety of course i wouldnt whine otherwise Id just move up

Ive heard the AI is easier on marathon... I dont know why tho, probably because the game is easier on faster speed. Marathon is the speed I like to play on and I expect a decent AI on any speed

To me it's not so much the difficulty, but the darned Map you're playing on! A huge Archipelago to me is easier to beat on Emperor than Continents on Normal (Prince). Kind of like the time my son spawned 10 rocket launchers in an elevator on a custom map of Time Splitters...the elevator was the entire map....:lol: I always play on EPIC, every time.

I think they'll tweak it...but all things considered I don't think it's that bad, better with GK AFAIC

I dunno, it's hard to say but it seems like the AI varies from game to game now even with the same civs. Some games they'll REX like mad, other games they're just sit around doing nothing, trying to go tall while not even growing. I've had games where Siam had 4 cities by like turn 70(Standard) and then other games where it's like 130 and they only have two. It's weird.

I dunno, it's hard to say but it seems like the AI varies from game to game now even with the same civs. Some games they'll REX like mad, other games they're just sit around doing nothing, trying to go tall while not even growing. I've had games where Siam had 4 cities by like turn 70(Standard) and then other games where it's like 130 and they only have two. It's weird.

I've found the same thing...I guess it does help with randonness which I like. idk :crazyeye:

Epic/King here and the AI is doing very well, picked the Just War belief and aggressively converted, then conquered. Extremely smart play.

The AI is easier on marathon because it takes longer to produce units, i.e. you have to make do longer with what you have. A human player will be more adapt to that because the AI makes stupid mistakes sometimes. This is truth in CivIV as well (doubly so, I might add because production speeds is faster in CivIV anyway).

I can see an improvement in the AI though, I played on the same difficulty (Prince) as usual when I got Gods and Kings and the AI seems stronger with their military and actually built wonders. I am playing as the Byzantines and I am up against Ethiopia, the Maya, and the Huns. Religion is a major factor in my game at least, I just got through two holy wars and crushed the other religion. Attila knows when to strike at the right time, when the majority of my troops are on campaign. Overall it is a lot better than vanilla in my eyes

I am not impressed by the worker AI. In my first game on Gods & Kings (prince level), France started sending workers across the ocean while at war for me to kill easily. Are they using workers as scouts now?

Top Bottom