[MA] SDK and Python

unfortunatly I can't as the project file is not accepted by my compiler... but a debug dll goes towards figuring out problems :p

Man, I don't know if it's a mistake in the file you created or that you tried compiling them like that, but you were missing A LOT of files there.
And you had one code problem there (#include "BetterBTSAI.cpp" instead of the .h file).
I attached the full folder of files - all sources, project file etc. - so you can compile it yourself (just set the makefile folders correctly).

As a bonus I also added the debug dll itself in the Debug folder.
Note that if you build it again, this file will be overridden.

BTW, sorry for not being responsive. I hadn't been to CFC in a long while.

(All of this is just in case you still need it)

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.7z
    2.7 MB · Views: 259
Man, I don't know if it's a mistake in the file you created or that you tried compiling them like that, but you were missing A LOT of files there.
And you had one code problem there (#include "BetterBTSAI.cpp" instead of the .h file).
I attached the full folder of files - all sources, project file etc. - so you can compile it yourself (just set the makefile folders correctly).

As a bonus I also added the debug dll itself in the Debug folder.
Note that if you build it again, this file will be overridden.

BTW, sorry for not being responsive. I hadn't been to CFC in a long while.

(All of this is just in case you still need it)
Wow thanks man i really appreciate it! I am still very very much in the learning part of the whole DLL and sdk stuff and i had no work with the dll. It was done mostly by Roamty but this will really help a lot so thanks :goodjob:

ooo I forgot about that ship recycling! I really need to put up some post-its

Now you can't forget cause we have a thread :p

But no worries, I have so much work to do (actually have made really nice progress today) that even if you completed it I wouldnt even have time to put it in yet.

I had another idea though to bounce off of you. Is there a python control that lets you control wether or not a unit can upgrade? I might want it so that if it is a scenario, ships can't upgrade.

Reason - It would be unrealistic. Ex. Tons of Predreadnoughts fought in WW1, so when you start the scenario, you can automatically update them to Dreadnoughts

There isn't anything in the CvGameUtils. So I doubt it but I will have a look around and see whats possible.

the AI will have to be taught via SDK I'm afraid and that's out of my hands, or I can simulate dummy code for them to force them to do it if conditions are met

First thing I thought of when i was thinking about a condition is poosibly an obsoltete tech. Then some further thinking, it would probably be most game-friendly if when an AI discovers a tech, it recycles a certain unit.

Only problem I see is forcing the AI to loose units. Could cause balance problems with them being in war and whatnot

on obsolete tech, as long as they are not in war. onChangeWar, if they have ships to spare?

I will draft something up

on obsolete tech, as long as they are not in war. onChangeWar, if they have ships to spare?

I will draft something up
No worries yet since I dont have time to put it in rigt now (if you do do it i will place it in first post for safekeeping)

Only problem i see is again like the AI loosing ships randomly while they might be planning to use them somehow, even if it is not during war

onChangeWar does not activate when you killed off the enemy totally.
Means you are at war with Aztec.
You wipe him off, and go to peace.
Not activated

Simplest way:
Make an exact copy of the same unit, without the unit upgrades.
Use bGraphical tag hide it in Civilopedia
If it is the scenario, set normal unit as untrainable.
If not the scenario, set copy as untrainable.

Done

Top Bottom