Problem with scouting promotion and Petra

123john321

Warlord
I have two bugs I found. I'm using the Perfect World map script and the RED mod along with G&K enchanded and unoffical patch.

The Scouting promotion is broken; inside of giving +1 sight it gives -1 sight

The Petra (according to the tech tree) only gives -1 food, hammer and gold on flood planes. I have no desert to try building it in my game so I can't yet test it out.

About the scout: the sight promotion only kicks in when your unit is moved. If you move it before the promotion you would see the reducution in sight.

I now fixed the Petra tooltip for civup v27. Thank you for the bug report! :thumbsup:

That's a very weird problem with the scouting promotion. Have you tried the things on the common checklist?

I can corroborate that I have observed this behavior as well. When taking the "Scouting I" promotion, the visible range around the Scout unit drops to just the tile the Scout is on, i.e., the Scout is surrounded by the darkened "fog of war" until the unit is moved again, at which point the promotion works as intended.

I'm not sure if I can solve this. Civup and Gem don't alter the scouting promotion yet (it's in the upcoming GEM:Armies section). Can anyone confirm the problem does not happen in the unmodded game?

Top Bottom