TSG40 Results and Congratulations

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
A list of the submissions for this game is assembled here. The list is compiled by date and also by score.

First place :trophy: goes to tommynt with a 1390 AD Science victory, 199 turns, as well as achieving the highest score! :bowdown:

Second place :trophy2nd: goes to Tabarnak with a 1605 AD Science victory while :trophy3rd: goes to Attaturk with a 1690 AD Science win. :thumbsup:

This game had 147 submissions! :eek:
Welcome to all the new players and returning veterans who chose to take on G&K for the first time.

Congratulations to the trophy winners and :thanx: to all who played this game and participated in the discussions. :clap:

Special thanks to AlanH for keeping the submission system working through the patches and changes for G&K, as well as checking on up me. :thanx:

Could you maybe include a column with the rank (1., 2., 3., 4., ... 147.) we achieved in the results page in the future?
(I'd suggest as first column: Rank/Player/Victory?/Condition/Turn/...).

When ranked somewhere in between finding out the exact rank by counting when there are nearly 150 submissions is a bit tedious :lol:

Guess I should be happy with being 20th from 147^^
The winning score however does look quite unreal compared to the rest.

thanks lief.

i agree feiling, I could probably knock 20 turns off, but 70 turns behind leader is impossible!!

Thanks Leif&Alanh!

I'm very proud of my 6-th place in such a big list!

Congrats to the medalists!

However i don't see the result of Ribannah, was she disqualified?

I never submit.

When I participated in the Civ3 competition, some people didn't like seeing my name on top and invented new rules, e.g. it suddenly became forbidden to play in many small sessions as I usually do.

I don't mind not being in the standings. I enjoy the challenge, not the ladder.

I never submit.

When I participated in the Civ3 competition, some people didn't like seeing my name on top and invented new rules, e.g. it suddenly became forbidden to play in many small sessions as I usually do.

Unreal...:(

Can you submit again so we can see your save? We, civ5 players, are more gentlemen :D

I never submit.

I don't mind not being in the standings. I enjoy the challenge, not the ladder.

I don't want to pressure you to submit if you don't feel comfortable with that, but I for one would prefer it if you did. It's been a while since Civ3; I only started playing at IV, and that was years ago now. We do generally see the same 3 or 4 names at the top of the rankings, but that to me just says that the rest of us need to step up our game.

can some1 explain how the score is calculated?

I had just 4 cities (oh and 2 or 3) conquered caps - but some1 playing 300turns or so should have been able to grow his cities way larger and conquer more cites and have higher score?

Oh and yes I m quite happy with sub 200, even when i was just 17 hammers in cap short for 198. Remembering such facs make me a freak I guess :(

And obviously I had quite some advantage with not careing about peace to be able to explore world early on, but some1 staying peaceful all game just to respect ais boarder is - well - not playing the best way -

The HOF score also factors in the number of turns left to play. The in-game score (on the victory progress screen) does not.

Please respect that some of us choose to play honorably (as defined by Realms Beyond, or similarly). Personally, I find that a much more satisfactory experience.

...forbidden to play in many small sessions as I usually do.

I have the same problem. Sometimes my sessions are so short I don't even finish one turn! My solution is to just leave the game up and running on my machine instead of closing it. Still, real life demands sometimes force a close, or a move from laptop to desktop, so I don't always meet the miminum session length requirements.

Top Bottom