[MA] HardRocker's Scenarios

HardRocker

Student.
Atlantic Map

I have made a map for dacubz's mod TTT-Modern Alliances. I love this mod, I enjoy it very much and would like to present this map for the mod.

Although the title says "scenario", there are no scripted events and (almost) every nation starts on equal footing, so it's a lot more of a custom map. Plus, even though I hand-picked the nations, the leaders were set to random, partly because I find the leaderheads drop-down hard to navigate (just too many options... ;) ).

Download Link v1

And before you ask, yes, all Civ's start in their historical positions. :goodjob:

The available Civ's are:
-The Algerians (Fares)
-The Austrians (Franz Josef)
-The Belgians (Leopold II)
-The Brazilians (Vargas)
-The Canadians (Trudeau)
-The Colombians (Pastrana)
-The Cubans (Fidel Castro)
-The Danes (Christian IX)
-The Egyptians (Farouk I)
-The Finnish (Kekkonen)
-The French (Emile Loubet)
-The Germans (Konrad Adenauer)
-The Greeks (George I)
-The Hungarians (Miklos Horthy)
-The Israelites (Shimon Peres)
-The Italians (Benito Mussolini)
-The Jordanians (Rania Al Abdullah)
-The Kazakhs (Nazarbayev)
-The Liberians (Daniel Edward Howard)
-The Libyans (Gadaffi)
-The Malis (Amadou Toure)
-The Moroccans (Mohammed VI)
-The Norwegians (Haakon II)
-The Poles (Moscicki)
-The Russians (Trotsky)
-The Spanish (Alfonso XIII)
-The Swedes (Gustaf V)
-The Turks (Ataturk)
-The Americans (Ronald Reagan)
-The Ukrainians (Tymoshenko)
-The British (David Lloyd George)
-The Monagesques (Monaco)

Some explanation:
I changed the Civ Descriptions (only in the WBS file, not in the XML) to the names of the peoples rather than the nation, I disliked the grammatically incorrect statements like "The Morocco's diplomat has committed a faux pas", for me it killed immersion just a little. When I googled what I should change the Monaco Civ Description to, I found that they actually call themselves Monagesques (you learn something new every day), so that's what I chose.

The resources are abundantly balanced, but also encourage trade. The base game resources are abundant, however, the ones added in the mod are rare and, unless lucky, can only be attained through trade. Some resources were placed for historical accuracy, others for gameplay. Expect some very large cities!

CREDITS
Spoiler :
-dacubz for everything he added into his awesome mod
-veBear for coming out of the closet (kidding, kidding....) and telling us he was the creator. Great map.

Spoiler Screenies :

Attachments

• AtlanticMapModernAlliances.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 264
NOTE:
At the moment, it can only be played to Turn 80, but you can still appreciate resource placement and get a feel for the map.

nicework:goodjob:
A couple notes/questions
1)Crashes in on my end and is in the mod. I am currently redoing the mod and it should be crash free so no worries
2)I did not create the map, i just borrowed it for my mod, so I would suggest finding the original creator, i can probably help if you can't find it
3)Are you planning to have more maps? because if so i would rename the thread [MA]hardrocker's maps. If not I would rename it [MA]Age of Exploration. Because there will be threads about specific MA scenarios i would rather it be named one of those (I will get it changed so no worries on your end:D
4)Is there accurate civ starting positions? If not I would suggest putting them in. And if you do have/put them in than I would suggest releasing it as a download on the site - it would get more attention. If you do have starting positions, do multiple maps and release them on downloads, more people will definatly come into the thread making suggestions/requests/feedback
5)Once we decide on a thread name I can place links in the MA and the TTT thread

nicework:goodjob:
A couple notes/questions
1)Crashes in on my end and is in the mod. I am currently redoing the mod and it should be crash free so no worries
2)I did not create the map, i just borrowed it for my mod, so I would suggest finding the original creator, i can probably help if you can't find it
3)Are you planning to have more maps? because if so i would rename the thread [MA]hardrocker's maps. If not I would rename it [MA]Age of Exploration. Because there will be threads about specific MA scenarios i would rather it be named one of those (I will get it changed so no worries on your end:D
4)Is there accurate civ starting positions? If not I would suggest putting them in. And if you do have/put them in than I would suggest releasing it as a download on the site - it would get more attention. If you do have starting positions, do multiple maps and release them on downloads, more people will definatly come into the thread making suggestions/requests/feedback
5)Once we decide on a thread name I can place links in the MA and the TTT thread

I do plan on making more maps for this mod, but I am unsure of what will happen for me in the near future (I have a lot going on, it might be a while before I make any more or even modify this one).

Not sure if I could find the creator, I know there are a few maps for Age of Exploration, if I could get the time I might be able to track down the original creator, since they definitely deserve credit (I hate making maps from scratch).

[MA] HardRocker's Maps would work, not that I'm pushy but I will probably make more and that would keep it simple.

All the Civs are put in accurately, but they are predetermined and cannot be chosen at the beginning (therefore, not a custom game w/ python).

I might make an entry in the Downloads Database, or I might wait until I think I'm done. I want to make a huge Europe map w/ these civs and I do want to make one with the GEM map you provided, however I am hesitant to replace all those resources.... Usually projects that large never get finished (at least on this end) :blush:

I do plan on making more maps for this mod, but I am unsure of what will happen for me in the near future (I have a lot going on, it might be a while before I make any more or even modify this one).

Not sure if I could find the creator, I know there are a few maps for Age of Exploration, if I could get the time I might be able to track down the original creator, since they definitely deserve credit (I hate making maps from scratch).

[MA] HardRocker's Maps would work, not that I'm pushy but I will probably make more and that would keep it simple.

All the Civs are put in accurately, but they are predetermined and cannot be chosen at the beginning (therefore, not a custom game w/ python).

I might make an entry in the Downloads Database, or I might wait until I think I'm done. I want to make a huge Europe map w/ these civs and I do want to make one with the GEM map you provided, however I am hesitant to replace all those resources.... Usually projects that large never get finished (at least on this end) :blush:

No worries about adding more, I would off course love it but never expect id :D

And definatly no worries about being pushy, definatly the more maps the merrier

Do you put in the new resources too?

I will have the J switch the name

No worries about adding more, I would off course love it but never expect id :D

And definatly no worries about being pushy, definatly the more maps the merrier

Do you put in the new resources too?

I will have the J switch the name

That would make it simpler to have the name switched.

Yes and no. I put the resources you added into the mod on the map, but they are rare and most countries will have to trade for them. I mainly gave special resources to nations I felt were underpowered. e.g. Cuba has shrimp, Canada has apples, etc etc. Things that make sense but actually made less work for me. ;)

Just a side note: do you need any help with the mod?

I have no coding experience, but if it's just xml I can try to save you some time...

That would make it simpler to have the name switched.

Yes and no. I put the resources you added into the mod on the map, but they are rare and most countries will have to trade for them. I mainly gave special resources to nations I felt were underpowered. e.g. Cuba has shrimp, Canada has apples, etc etc. Things that make sense but actually made less work for me. ;)
Resoucres - sounds good. I messaged j to change the name, then i will post links up
Just a side note: do you need any help with the mod?

I have no coding experience, but if it's just xml I can try to save you some time...
Beleive it or not I need so much help with xml right now. i got hours and hours of strictly xml work since the mod is getting completely redone. And with school, work, soccer and volunteering the next month and a half will be busy (soccer ends in october so schedual will clear up a lot). If your interested i can upload the current version of my mod (since i dont work on weekedays now a lot) and i got a spreadsheet online of exact details for xml

Resoucres - sounds good. I messaged j to change the name, then i will post links up
Beleive it or not I need so much help with xml right now. i got hours and hours of strictly xml work since the mod is getting completely redone. And with school, work, soccer and volunteering the next month and a half will be busy (soccer ends in october so schedual will clear up a lot). If your interested i can upload the current version of my mod (since i dont work on weekedays now a lot) and i got a spreadsheet online of exact details for xml

That'd be great, although I am in high school, and with school starting my time will be a little short. Will do what I can, just upload the current version and instructions. :goodjob:

I am in high school too so trust me i understand :goodjob:

What would you be interested in helping? I need so so so much help in the tech tree, but that isnt ready to be edited yet. Right now the thing that could use the most help is switching thigns from modular to regular, but that is really boring so doubt youd want to do that. Otherwise civs and lh need work - would that interest you?

I am in high school too so trust me i understand :goodjob:

What would you be interested in helping? I need so so so much help in the tech tree, but that isnt ready to be edited yet. Right now the thing that could use the most help is switching thigns from modular to regular, but that is really boring so doubt youd want to do that. Otherwise civs and lh need work - would that interest you?

I don't care if something is boring, I just need to know exactly what I'm doing. Never converted things from modular to normal, but could probably figure it out.

I tried my hand at art and .nif and stuff a year or so ago... and don't plan on going back. :( I could probably stumble through the modular thing and save you a lot of time though. Wherever I can help, I will take it one step at a time and get it done. :D

Noticed the change of name, thanks The_J! :D

I made that map

You're of course free to use more of my maps for more scenarios, just give me the credit :)

Also, that map uses a randomized resource placement, so resource placement will be SEVERLY wrong. I would advice you to study some resource placement in the area (use the RFC map, search for maps on the net etc. etc.)

I made that map

You're of course free to use more of my maps for more scenarios, just give me the credit :)

Also, that map uses a randomized resource placement, so resource placement will be SEVERLY wrong. I would advice you to study some resource placement in the area (use the RFC map, search for maps on the net etc. etc.)

Yes, I handplaced the resources on the map. Many thanks for the creation of the map, and I will be sure to include you in the credits. Probably one of the reasons I could not find you as the creator is that there was no thread for it, merely a download entry. :dunno:

Many thanks for making the map, I used it because I can appreciate the time it took to get the right shape and feel for the terrain. :goodjob:

Actually, there is a thread... It's just that it's called veBear's Maps

@veBear, sorry about that, I didnt see he posted it on the database, if i saw that and saw you didnt post I would have looked it up myself

@HardRocker, it looks nice - good work
Since well my computer battery died, i cant really upload my current version right now, you cant really work on things like switching modular (I already did 1/4 so no reason for you to redue it). The only things I have not touched that need work is the tech tree, civs, leaders, and buildings. Buildings arent really in need of much work though, and tech tree is pretty complicated - i doubt you have worked with that before. So that leaves civs and leaders, which a lot of people enjoy and I find one of the funner things to mod. The four things that could be done there is text, triats, add lh, and civs. Text and traits are easy and is simple xml, but both are boring and take research. Leaderheads and civs take some explaining but honustly the art is so easy when it comes to this - they are all .dds files and no nif. Even nif i could explain in a paragraph, so dds should not be a problem. Once you pick which one you want to do (or ones) and tell me how much you know about doing that, i can give you simple instructions followed by anything else you need to know how to do. I can definatly show you the tricks and trades of modding

Btw added a link to this thread in the second post in the TTT thread, MA thread and the first post in the MA addons thread

@veBear, sorry about that, I didnt see he posted it on the database, if i saw that and saw you didnt post I would have looked it up myself

@HardRocker, it looks nice - good work
Since well my computer battery died, i cant really upload my current version right now, you cant really work on things like switching modular (I already did 1/4 so no reason for you to redue it). The only things I have not touched that need work is the tech tree, civs, leaders, and buildings. Buildings arent really in need of much work though, and tech tree is pretty complicated - i doubt you have worked with that before. So that leaves civs and leaders, which a lot of people enjoy and I find one of the funner things to mod. The four things that could be done there is text, triats, add lh, and civs. Text and traits are easy and is simple xml, but both are boring and take research. Leaderheads and civs take some explaining but honustly the art is so easy when it comes to this - they are all .dds files and no nif. Even nif i could explain in a paragraph, so dds should not be a problem. Once you pick which one you want to do (or ones) and tell me how much you know about doing that, i can give you simple instructions followed by anything else you need to know how to do. I can definatly show you the tricks and trades of modding

Btw added a link to this thread in the second post in the TTT thread, MA thread and the first post in the MA addons thread

Sorry I was gone (had to take care of some things over the weekend). Yeah, I can do anything XML or text, just let me know what needs changed, what direction you think is best, etc. etc. It's not my mod, I just wanna help :lol:

I'd be willing to "hook up" predetermined art to the mod, I just don't wanna have to mess around with things like NIFscope and such (headaches galore).

I actually thought that other than switching away from modular that the mod was pretty cool and balanced (historically, that is); I mean, most people wouldn't want New Guinea to take over the world anyways. Just a thought.

Not sure what you meant by the last statement, not sure what is had to do with modular, but if you don't want to play vs new guinea, simply select other civs to play with.

Check out the last post in the SDK and python thread in this forum, its an idea I had I think you'd like it

Text wise, the leaderheads need to be redone. Some leaders go by first and last name, some just one - it needs to be consistent, I am thinking that it being just their last name would be best, with a first initial if there is more than one with that last name. Than the pedia needs to be set just like regular civ. So example:

John G Johnson
President of Land (2000 - 2001)

Lived: 1990-2011

John was....

Basically its their full name, then a new line. Than their position and years in parenthesis that they held position. Than lived and years. then the background info. Please place citation at bottom (probably wiki) I believed lived is bold years aren't. You can mess around with what is bold etc. To see what looks best but please keep it consistent. No worries about translating into languages

Any questions or concerns please say

Not sure what you meant by the last statement, not sure what is had to do with modular, but if you don't want to play vs new guinea, simply select other civs to play with.

Check out the last post in the SDK and python thread in this forum, its an idea I had I think you'd like it

Text wise, the leaderheads need to be redone. Some leaders go by first and last name, some just one - it needs to be consistent, I am thinking that it being just their last name would be best, with a first initial if there is more than one with that last name. Than the pedia needs to be set just like regular civ. So example:

John G Johnson
President of Land (2000 - 2001)

Lived: 1990-2011

John was....

Basically its their full name, then a new line. Than their position and years in parenthesis that they held position. Than lived and years. then the background info. Please place citation at bottom (probably wiki) I believed lived is bold years aren't. You can mess around with what is bold etc. To see what looks best but please keep it consistent. No worries about translating into languages

Any questions or concerns please say

I will get right on the Civilopedia entries, though it might not be today.

The Suggestion in the SDK thread sounds confusing, wouldn't that be a lot more of a python thing anyways?

Maybe this would just make it more complicated, but have it more like an "autoplay" thing where certain civs got bonuses to make them grow larger, etc etc? I don't know hardly anything about that, so I'm not the one to ask.

EDIT: It is a great idea, and I love it, but I don't know how it can be implemented... :dunno:

Top Bottom