v 26, and above ALL Bugs/Crashes reporting thread

I have the same problem with the "minimize AI turns" option on that I did with 25; when dicovering some techs, the graphic pops up for a second and then disappears but the audio still plays.
Another one for 26 is the Congolese flag is white.

Sevepedia - Leaders - Phillip II portrait is missing. He shows up as a pink square.

Events - Had 2 error messages (sorry they left screen before I could write them down and are not reshown with the scribe button) show up in the turn info text in the first 20 or so turns. Both involved the event handler. I believe it is possibly the same event that is trying to reoccur. I saw it at turns 10(ish), 21 & 40. "popups instance at 0x30CFD50"

Garrison reverts back to giving only Town Watchman before you research Flintlock. You lose the Guard. Prereq from Barracks for Guard not carried forward to Garrison.

JosEPh

I reloaded to turn on viewports (via the bug option. I had them on in V25, but I deleted the cache before installing V26... or more importantly when I installed V25 I never renamed it so it show up as Caveman2Cosmos v25).

Anyway I saw evidence of floating artifacts again. In this case it appears to be a single layer (the shadows/ground cover for tribal village).

Graphics are set to medium (if it matters).

Sorry for posting this in the main thread, i'll delete.
Love the mod, keep up the good work.

Two bugs I've noticed.

1) in both v25 and v26 (far as I can tell) going into world builder makes all of the models constantly switch between the C2C versions and standard ones. For example the atl-atl switches between its native american indian looking model and I believe a vanilla zulu spearman. Or Wanderer into the great prophet model. Or Neanderthal barbarian into the regular clubman model. This seems to affect every fresh install if you only do it once, even with restarting the game. I'm not that big on aesthetics so I don't care that much. Still if it was fixable, that would be nice.
2) On v26 I keep getting this error message every few turns.
error in BeginPlayer Turn event handler <bound method ANewDawnPopups.onBeginPlayerTurn of <ANewDawnPopups.ANewDawnPopups instance at 0x18F73698
Far as I can see the game still runs.

Using Bts 3.19 and was careful to make sure the folder had the right name.

Sorry for posting this in the main thread, i'll delete.
Love the mod, keep up the good work.

Two bugs I've noticed.

1) in both v25 and v26 (far as I can tell) going into world builder makes all of the models constantly switch between the C2C versions and standard ones. For example the atl-atl switches between its native american indian looking model and I believe a vanilla zulu spearman. Or Wanderer into the great prophet model. Or Neanderthal barbarian into the regular clubman model. This seems to affect every fresh install if you only do it once, even with restarting the game. I'm not that big on aesthetics so I don't care that much. Still if it was fixable, that would be nice.
2) On v26 I keep getting this error message every few turns.

Far as I can see the game still runs.

Using Bts 3.19 and was careful to make sure the folder had the right name.

1. The reason its doing that on the graphics, more than likely you have your setting on Medium or Low, instead of High.

2. Should be fixed in the SVN now. thx.

1. The reason its doing that on the graphics, more than likely you have your setting on Medium or Low, instead of High.
Low. Need the fps :(, no way around it? It didn't seem to start doing it till I dicked around in world builder.

2. Should be fixed in the SVN now. thx.
SVN? I read the thread but I don't really get it, pardon my stupidity. How do I fix my game then?

Rapid response, was expecting to have to wait days, thanks.

I'm willing to bet that is the same error I'm getting. I'm also willing to bet that it is the 'welcome to the mod' message which opens up one of the pop-ups. I'm hoping they'll give us a quickie patch or tell us what setting to toggle to turn it off?

Sevepedia - Leaders - Phillip II portrait is missing. He shows up as a pink square.

Events - Had 2 error messages (sorry they left screen before I could write them down and are not reshown with the scribe button) show up in the turn info text in the first 20 or so turns. Both involved the event handler. I believe it is possibly the same event that is trying to reoccur. I saw it at turns 10(ish), 21 & 40. "popups instance at 0x30CFD50"

Most of the "event handler" type error messages get written to PythonErr.log (not PythonErr2.log which is something else). Post the PythonErr.log if you have it to help us track down the problem. It is in the Logs folder in the same folder where your Saves folder is.

This is not low or medium graphics settings per se but they turn unit animations off. Turn them on and you will see the correct unit. ;)

Most of the "event handler" type error messages get written to PythonErr.log (not PythonErr2.log which is something else). Post the PythonErr.log if you have it to help us track down the problem. It is in the Logs folder in the same folder where your Saves folder is.

This is fixed by Calvitix now on the SVN.

@SO: This issue would seem to be a large enough nuisance to warrant a patch? Would you mind if I uploaded a patch for V26 to ModDB?

ok so downloaded the svn, just copy it into the mod's folder like a fresh install?

ah, damn will my save still work if its a v26 save?

Also does the hidden .svn file in the caveman2cosmos folder need to be copied over as well?

Also thank you everyone for all the help. I greatly appreciate it.

ah, damn will my save still work if its a v26 save?

Also does the hidden .svn file in the caveman2cosmos folder need to be copied over as well?

Also thank you everyone for all the help. I greatly appreciate it.

1. Yes, max compat saves will keep working through almost any change.

2. Nope, that is what the Export is for (you did Export, right?)

The error message is annoying because it will crop up regularly as the switch to not do it again never gets set. However, it is not too big a deal as it is only in the text scroll.

A patch would be nice, but if there was/is a quick & easy switch to change that might be better?

This is fixed by Calvitix now on the SVN.

@SO: This issue would seem to be a large enough nuisance to warrant a patch? Would you mind if I uploaded a patch for V26 to ModDB?

Its ok, but if your going to do a patch include everything up to that point then also. That way everything stays intact.

Then PM me and let me know, so i can change all the front pages, thx.

Its ok, but if your going to do a patch include everything up to that point then also. That way everything stays intact.

Then PM me and let me know, so i can change all the front pages, thx.

The Patch will be live as soon as it gets approved. I'll PM you with the links.

In v3557 in the Civpedia the units only go up to Cyborg and when you try to click on any of the other units they don't have an info screen pop up at the right side.

I have seen this happen before with a broken unit where it messes up all units. This can only mean that a recent unit change or new unit has broken all the other units. Which I suspect is the new tanks since v3552 worked fine for me. ls612?

Top Bottom