TSG43 Results and Congratulations

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
A list of the submissions for this game is assembled here. The list is compiled by date and also by score.

First place :trophy: goes to tommynt with a 300 AD Domination victory. :high5:

Second place :trophy2nd: goes to Derfel_82 with a 1280 AD Domination victory while :trophy3rd: goes to Maxym with a 1300 AD Domination win. :thumbsup:

This game had 41 submissions! :goodjob:
Congratulations to the trophy winners and :thanx: to all who played this game and participated in the discussions. :clap:

Special thanks to AlanH for keeping the submission system working. :goodjob:

For those wishing to compare games, AlanH has created a replay facility for your use. Please check it out. :cool:

First time in top 3. :):)

Actually, I have just been compiling a global ranking table for every GOTM since GOTM1 (I got bored), and according to my stats this is your 2nd time in top 3. First time was GOTM 20. And, btw, according to my scoring system (I take into account only the players who have submitted in 2012), you 're all time number 10. Congrats :)

I might submit my findings later on if that's OK with everyone.

Actually, I have just been compiling a global ranking table for every GOTM since GOTM1 (I got bored), and according to my stats this is your 2nd time in top 3. First time was GOTM 20. And, btw, according to my scoring system (I take into account only the players who have submitted in 2012), you 're all time number 10. Congrats :)

I might submit my findings later on if that's OK with everyone.

Thank you very much Alex.
I really didn´t remember my position in GOTM20.... :D

I try every game to be in the top 10, it is very hard. Because we have fantastic players like tommynt, dave, tabarnak, ribannah and many others. But i learn a lot in GOTMs, it is a CIV school for me every game.

Could you share your global ranking with us?

I will submit in a new thread, but first I would like to decide on the scoring system, so that the ranking will have the most credibility possible. Right now, for every player I calculate how many times he has been first, second, third, in the top quarter of the table and in the top half of the table. Then I apply this formula:

score = (first*6) + (second*5) + (third*4) + (topQuarter*3) + (topHalf*2) + submissions.size();

As you see, I also award 1 point per victorious submissions. Only victorious submissions are calculated and I only take into account players who: a) have submitted at least 3 games and b) have submitted in 2012.

If you guys can help me decide that would be great. The 1st place in the table is pretty much set, but the 2nd and 3rd players are practically tied and the way the scoring is calculated will determine 2nd place winner.

I will submit in a new thread, but first I would like to decide on the scoring system, so that the ranking will have the most credibility possible. Right now, for every player I calculate how many times he has been first, second, third, in the top quarter of the table and in the top half of the table. Then I apply this formula:

score = (first*6) + (second*5) + (third*4) + (topQuarter*3) + (topHalf*2) + submissions.size();

As you see, I also award 1 point per victorious submissions. Only victorious submissions are calculated and I only take into account players who: a) have submitted at least 3 games and b) have submitted in 2012.

If you guys can help me decide that would be great. The 1st place in the table is pretty much set, but the 2nd and 3rd players are practically tied and the way the scoring is calculated will determine 2nd place winner.
There is the issue that submissions are self-selected.

It could be quite possible that someone in the bottom half of a ranking actually performed better than someone who decided to not submit.

I think submissions should be encouraged, even if the finish result was non optimal (or a loss). I don't think people should be able to improve their ranking by choosing *not* to submit. (I don't really care about "ranking," but it's the underlying principle where some people try to "game" the system).

I think submissions should be encouraged, even if the finish result was non optimal (or a loss)

That is why I reward points for every victory. I keep losses out of the equation mainly because I don't know how they might fit in. :confused:

I will see to extract some more interesting stats for the players and will submit soon. :)

That is why I reward points for every victory. I keep losses out of the equation mainly because I don't know how they might fit in. :confused:

I will see to extract some more interesting stats for the players and will submit soon. :)
Thanks for the clarification.

I'd be tempted to suggest just 1 point for a submission (regardless of victory or defeat). That way you would encourage people to submit even if they lost. So that's more of a "participation" point for submitting.

Plus, it is useful to know if people tried and just lost versus not bothering to submit at all. In the latter case you don't know if the player didn't have the time to even play or chose not to submit for whatever reason (likely because he already lost or did something that would disqualify him).

Top Bottom