Halo Mafia [Game Thread]

Buddhafish

Abbey Road

The year is 2552.

Humanity is at war with the alien alliance known as "The Covenant".

We are losing.

The Covenant have burned our worlds, killing billions in their genocidal campaign.

Earth is our last bastion - a carefully guarded secret.

But not anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, with the Halo Rings on standby, a mixed crew of Covenant Separatist Elites and UNSC Marines must travel to the Ark, the central control station of the Halo Rings.

Their Mission: To destroy the Ark and to shut down the other Halo rings that would wipe out the entire galaxy.

They are our last hope.

As they were about to go through the slip-space portal, the Shipmaster received disturbing news.

They were not alone.

A small Covenant Loyalist force had infiltrated the Elite Battle Cruiser Shadow of Intent with the latest in UNSC and Covenant shape-altering cloaking technology.

The Shipmaster decided that they could not go through the portal with Covenant on board.

They are floating in orbit, waiting.

They are our last hope.

You are our last hope.

This is the most important battle of the war...

Game Rules

1. Forum Rules
Spoiler :
---Follow all of the Forum Rules.

2. Editing Posts
Spoiler :
---DO NOT EDIT ANY POSTS!!! If you make a mistake, correct yourself in a new post.

3. Private Communication
Spoiler :

---You may never quote your role PM, neither publicly nor privately. Quoting from your role PM, in whole or in part, is explicitly forbidden.

---Do not discuss the formatting of the Role PM, do not discuss when the Role PM was sent, and do not post screenshots of it, or otherwise attempt to circumvent this rule in any way shape or form. If you need further instruction on this point, contact me. But the general idea is, no copy and pasting your Role PM, and that includes nearly perfect paraphrasing by changing a word or two. Don't try to loophole your way out of this. Additionally, images contained within your Role PM are for the eyes of the Role PM's recipient only. They shall not be made public unless the game host has made it public.

---You may communicate privately however you wish, although you must send me any QuickTopic links. Also, absolutely, positively NO SCREENSHOTS.

(Borrowed from Stairway to Heaven)

---Rule Addendum--- Do not quote any PMs in thread, or privately, that were sent to you by another person. Please paraphrase. No forwarding PMs as well. Do not attempt to circumvent this rule.

4. Phases
Spoiler :

---The Game is divided into two phases: UNSC Day, and UNSC Night (to avoid any confusion, these will be referred to as Day and Night)
---Day is 48 hours, Night is 24 hours. I will try and make use of the timer feature that our forums have gladly provided for us.
---During the day, someone is voted to be lynched.
---During the Night, all people with Night Abilities are expected to send me a PM stating their Night Actions.
---All ties in lynch votes will result in an RNG decision.

5. Voting
Spoiler :

---All votes must be cast in the Vote: Buddhafish format. Unvotes are not necessary, just vote for a new person.
---Vote: Abstain and Vote: No Lynch are both allowed.
---The tally and the results may be different than you think it should be. That’s ok. You can PM me if you have any questions, but the tally and the result are most likely a cause of game mechanics and not GM error.

6. Game Setup
Spoiler :
This game has many different factions competing for victory.
---Factions include:
---UNSC Personnel (Town)
---Covenant Separatists (Town)
---(These will be known collectively as Innocents)
---Covenant Loyalists (Mafia)
---Other Third Party Factions (Neutral)

---Split Town:
This game features a split town. Half will be UNSC, half will be Separatists. They both work together, and have the same VC. However, distrust still remains between the Elites and the Marines. So, whoever has more personnel aboard the Shadow of Intent at the end of the game will have control of the ship (provided there is an Innocent Victory).

7. Victory Conditions
Spoiler :

---The Innocent Victory Condition will look like this:
----------There are no Covenant Loyalist forces or any other unfriendly third-party forces remaining on the Shadow of Intent.
---Other parties’ Victory conditions may look different.
---Some people may have personal goals.

8. Levels of Victory
Spoiler :
Total Victory:
---Complete your VC, have the most personnel aboard at the end, complete your Personal Goal.
Major Victory:
---Complete your VC, have the most personnel aboard at the end.
Minor Victory:
---Complete your VC.
Minor Defeat:
---Lose your VC, complete your Personal Goal.
Major Defeat:
---Lose your VC.
Total Defeat:
---Lose your VC, and your faction is the first to be eliminated.

9. Abilities
Spoiler :

---All abilities are outlined in your Role PM.
---All abilities are to be reported to be each night via PM, unless otherwise specified.
---Everyone receives a Role PM.
---All players have the ability to vote, whether stated in your Role PM or not. (duh)

10. Playing After Death
Spoiler :

You are encouraged to keep playing and participating once your character has died, whether you desire to try and contribute to your faction's victory in any way you can, or just be silly and mess with people.

Restrictions:

1. The dead may post in the public game thread; however, they are cannot vote, select, or carry out any night actions of any kind, unless the host specifies otherwise.

2. Dead players may not reveal any specifics concerning their role, family, or faction at any time, unless the host specifies otherwise.

3. Dead players may not quote or reference any host-sanctioned private communications they had with the host or with other players, unless the host specifies otherwise.

4. Dead players may not reveal, recount or allude to their previous night actions (or results thereof in the case of investigations) publicly or privately – even to confirm a previously made public or private reveal, unless the host specifies otherwise.

5. Dead players may not communicate privately with any living players, unless (you guessed it) the host specifies otherwise.

PLEASE BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS!

(Borrowed from Zack Mafia IV)

11. Replacements and WoGs
Spoiler :
---I will replace and WoG people as I see fit. This is all left to the host’s discretion.
---If you wish to be replaced, let me know in thread or by PM, (preferably both), and I will try to find you a replacement.
---Please be active. It kills the experience of the other players if you’re not.

12. Rule Amendments
Spoiler :
---I reserve the right to, at any time, change one, some, or all of these rules simultaneously if I believe that it is necessary to the game.
---Bear with me on this, and I will convey to you all the necessary details.
---Hopefully a rule change is not required.

13. Have Fun
Spoiler :
---This is a rule. Not abiding by it will result in replacement or WoG at the host's discretion. :D

Let me know if you have any questions.

Alive (4):
CivCube Takhisis
Mergle
The Black Knigh
topsecret

Dead (25):
BSmith1068-Killed N1-Covenant Separatist Elite
Dreadnought-Lynched D2-UNSC Marine
johnhughthom BSmith1068 (2)-Killed N2-343 Guilty Spark
spaceman98-Killed N2-Covenant Loyalist Prophet
JoanK-Lynched D3-UNSC Marine
choxorn-Killed N3-UNSC Marine
Jarrema-Killed N3-UNSC Marine
Xenoneb-Lynched D4-UNSC Marine
Earthling-Killed N4-UNSC Marine
MartinLuther Visorslash-Lynched D5-Covenant Separatist Elite
NinjaCow64-Killed N5-The Arbiter
EliteofWarman8 askthepizzaguy-Killed N5-UNSC Marine
Autolycus-Lynched D6-Covenant Separatist Elite
Zack-Killed N6-Sergeant-Major Johnson
Verarde-Killed N6-The Shipmaster
SamSniped-Lynched D7-Covenant Separatist Elite
mayor-Killed N7-Cortana
Kennigit-Killed N7-Covenant Separatist Elite
Dumanios-Lynched D8-UNSC Marine
azzaman333-Killed N8-Covenant Separatist Elite
classical_hero-Killed N8-Covenant Separatist Elite
Optical-Lynched D9-UNSC Marine
robbiecon-Killed N9-Covenant Separatist Elite
Capt Blackadder-Lynched D10-Covenant Separatist Elite
Mat93-Killed N10-UNSC Marine

Escaped (2):
Double A-Escaped N7-Covenant Hunter
Gone 3 the Celt-Escaped N7-Covenant Hunter

WOG (1):
SouthernKing-WOG'd D4-Covenant Separatist Elite

(This list will update as play moves along)

Important Links

Sign-up Thread

Updates

Night 0 (Post #20)- Buddhafish was killed. He was a UNSC Marine.

Day 1 (Post #113)- No one was lynched!

Night 1 (Post #132)- BSmith1068 was killed. He was a Covenant Separatist Elite.

Day 2 (Post #303)- Dreadnought was lynched. He was a UNSC Marine.

Night 2 (Post #326)- BSmith1068 and spaceman98 were killed. BSmith1068 was 343 Guilty Spark. spaceman98 was a UNSC Marine.

Day 3 (Post #458)- JoanK was lynched. He was a UNSC Marine.

Night 3 (Post #481)- choxorn and Jarrema were killed. They were UNSC Marines.

Day 4 (Post #586)- Xenoneb was lynched, and SouthernKing was WOG'd. Xenoneb was a UNSC Marine. Southern King was a Covenant Separatist Elite.

Night 4 (Post #598)- Earthling was killed. He was a UNSC Marine.

Day 5 (Post #691)- Visorslash was lynched. He was a Covenant Separatist Elite.

Night 5 (Post #715)- NinjaCow64 was killed. He was The Arbiter. askthepizzaguy was killed. He was a UNSC Marine.

Day 6 (Post #770)- Autolycus was lynched. He was a Covenant Separatist Elite.

Night 6 (Post #776)- Verarde was killed. He was The Shipmaster. Zack was killed. He was Sergeant-Major Johnson.

Day 7 (Post #803)

Night 7 (Post #810)

Day 8 (Post #844)

Night 8 (Post #872)

Day 9 (Post #917)

Final Notes

1---All abilities in Red are active and require a PM to me to use. All abilities in Green are passive and happen automatically.
2---If you have any questions about your Role PM, send me a PM.
3---Note that in the write-ups, there will be characters mentioned from the Halo series. This is for flavor and should not be taken as anything more.

I'm here first :D

Hah, I've been subbed to this for like 8 hours already. :p

I has been up for more than 18 hours now. :p

Greetings.

Night 0 Update pending.

Something added to final notes: Note that in the write-ups, there will be characters mentioned from the Halo series. This is for flavor and should not be taken as anything more.

Night 0

“What do you mean we’re not going through?” a Marine cried out.

“Yeah, what gives?” shouted another.

“I will NOT go through that portal with Loyalists aboard MY SHIP,” the Shipmaster replied forcefully.

The argument continued on until an Elite popped up from a terminal. “Incoming transmission from Earth, Shipmaster. Caller identified himself as Fleet Admiral Lord Terrance Hood, UNSC.”

“Bring up the hologram,” the Shipmaster ordered.

The hologram popped up on the table in front of the Shipmaster. Lord Hood began to speak. “Shipmaster, I know you believe there to be Covenant aboard your vessel, but couldn’t this be just a scare tactic, to slow us down from getting to the Ark?”

“Maybe so, Lord Hood, but the source that I got the information from is reliable. I’d stake my ship on it.”

“What information do you have on your so-called ‘Intruders’ anyway? Maybe I…” Lord Hood was then cut off by total darkness.

“Lieutenant, report!” barked the Shipmaster.

“Power surge, Shipmaster. No cause determined as of yet. We’re working on it. As of now, all communications are down. We’re running on emergency generators. All we have is lights.”

“Great,” said Sgt. Maj. Avery Johnson, who was sitting in a corner. “That’s just great. Now we’re stuck on this ship until we can figure out if the bastards are really here-".

“AHHHHHH!!!!” The scream interrupted Johnson’s train of thought.

“Weapons out Marines!” barked Johnson.

The Shipmaster said something in an odd language, but all of the Elites responded, guns out, already down the hallway towards the sound of the scream.

By the time Johnson and the Shipmaster were there, Marines and Elites were already on-scene. They were all standing in a circle. “Make a hole, make a hole!” Johnson yelled at his men.

He and the Shipmaster stepped through to see the body of Buddhafish lying on the ground. There was blood everywhere, mixed with a hint of burnt skin, Johnson noted. “Only one thing burns skin like that,” Johnson said, “Plasma.” There was a lot of mumbling about at that.

“Well Shipmaster, I guess we got Covenant on this damn thing. And if they got the technology you think they do, we could have our killer standing right here.”

There was a lot of looking around at this. Everyone looked warily at their neighbor, wondering if they were the person they said they were.

“Summon everyone to the bridge,” the Shipmaster said. “We shall kill one person each day until we find this Loyalist scum!”

“Kill the bastards? Works for me.” Johnson lit one of his trademark cigars.

Spoiler :
Buddhafish was UNSC
Spoiler :
He was a Marine.

Day 1 has started! It will end on Tuesday Night at 11 PM EST. That is in:
[TIMER="10/23/2012 10:00 PM EST; Phase Over"][/TIMER].

Vote to Lynch someone in Bold!​

Lynches will require a majority today.

Also, note if you have played Halo before (at all, ever, campaign or multi-player) by saying Yes in green, or No in red. If Yes, to what extent?​

Top Bottom