News: TSG47 Announcement

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 47
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the forty-seventh game in the GOTM V Training Series! There are plenty of new features in Civilization 5 Gods & Kings to explore and the Training Series games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these new features in a friendly environment. You are all encouraged to post your questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads described below. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread. Before going into the details of this game, we would like to ask you to abide to our most sacred rule: don’t replay any turns. If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. It's better to do the bad moves in the Training Series instead of in the actual GOTM competition, once it starts.

In this game, the designated VC is Diplomatic. You may win by any VC you wish, as all VC's are enabled, but the results will be posted with fastest finish by Diplomatic victory and then all other VC listed below by fastest time.

In this game you will play as Isabella and lead The Spanish Empire to victory. It's a small-sized mystery map played at Immortal difficulty and at standard pace. Diplomatic victory is the designated VC for this game, all victory conditions are enabled. You will have until December 2nd to complete the game and submit.

Very happy to have our Mac players with us, hope you enjoy the game. :)

Please note that you are only allowed to build Oxford University one time. In addition, once you receive your two free techs from Rationalism, and should you switch to Piety, you may not switch back to Rationalism to gain an additional two free techs. :nono:

Civ V G&K - TSG47 Game Settings:
Playable Civ: Isabella - Spanish
Number of AI Opponents: 6
Number of City-States: 12
Map type: Mystery
Map Size: Small
Difficulty Level: Immortal
Game pace: Standard
Game options: Promotion saving is enabled. Quick Combat is disabled (You may now turn it on using the game options menu.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 Gods & Kings version 1.0.1.705. There is no dlc in this game.

In this game, you will be playing as Isabella, you possess Seven Cities of Gold. You gain a gold bonus for discovering a Natural Wonder (bonus enhanced if you are first to discover it). Culture, Happiness and tile yields from Natural Wonders are doubled.

You can train the Tercio, which replaces the Musketman. The Tercio is stronger in combat than the Musketman and fights at double-strength against mounted units. The Tercio is more expensive to build than the Musketman. You need to discover the technology of Gunpowder and you do not need a resource to build it.

You can also train the Conquistador, which replaces the Knight. The Conquistador is an excellent scout on land as it has extra visibility. It can also found new cities, but only on foreign continents that do not contain the Spanish capital. At sea, the Conquistador has the defensive embarkation promotion that allows it to defend itself against naval units. It also suffers no penalty when attacking cities, unlike the Knight. You need to discover the technology of Chivalry and you must have the Horse resource to build it.

This is where you will start:

Information about threads associated with TSG
TSG Announcement thread (this one). This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Please don’t post any information from a game you have started. Instead use the next thread.

Game In Progress thread. This thread is used to discuss the game once it's on the way. There are no reading or posting restrictions as such (apart from normal decency), although we encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots and videos.

After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state (preferably in the post title) your victory date and score, as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory! , We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the two week period (sorted by date and score). Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after two weeks, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
We now have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature)

This game runs for a month and ends Sunday, 2 December 2012.

The Save can be found here.

ugh...hate diplo victories because if i wipe out too many of CS's and civ's it will be...complicated :)). Settling in place btw.

Might give this a go as I feel ready to move up from Emperor to Immortal. If I win, it will be a miracle judging by my one and only previous attempt at this level. :)

Ahh, no deity.
I lost the last Deity GOTM. I am waiting for revenge for so long....

I hope there is a GBR near :) I will settle in place and start with double scout.

Immortal, wow, playing the game now since august, will be a tough one, but i will give it a go. I feel quite confident for diplomatic victories

interesting starting spot, lot of growth in perspective....

Will settle in place

Pat

Spain, interesting, haven't tried them before, should be fun.

Gonna move my warrior west to the forest/hill, then prob settle in place.

This map is gonna get crowded, real fast :)

Hmm... Interesting. I've been playing Emperor for a long time now, and I'll probably give it a go. I am currently winning with ease and hoping I won't get trashed that fast on Immortal. Will settle in place

I like Spain. They're good fun.
Double scout for sure then maybe worker to get farming. Horses close by surely.

Oh wait. Patch is out. Thus might be first post patch game. :)

Hmm, patch was just released, is this save with the patch or without?

Edit: Reason I ask is because depending on what the patch changes, the game might be easier if you play it without updating to the patch.

The game was created several days ago, so it is pre-patch.

Wish they would give me a heads up... :cry:

edit - best thing may be to have everyone patch first before playing. That is the only way this will be played in the same version.

Since the patch isn't out for Mac players, there is no point waiting for everyone to install the patch. Individual results will be what they are, but you might ask folks to report in their after-action report whether they played with or without the patch.

:thanx: for a great suggestion.

I have edited the After Action Report thread to ask for version used.

edit -
Also, if you have a problem uploading saves used with the patch, please keep them handy as Alan has to check to see what changes the patch made to the saves and adjust the parser as necessary. It may take a few days, so please be patient. Thanks.

We think the parser is updated and working. Please try to submit your saves and should you encounter a problem, please let us know.

:thanx:

I've never played Spain before. :)

I'm thinking of settling 1 east if the Warrior doesn't find anything of interest in the west.

Are there ancient ruins in this game?

Top Bottom