A new Hagia Sophia

Kyriakos

Creator
Recently i modelled some new buildings in Blender, one of them being the Hagia Sophia.

Here is what it looks like:

The model is not entirely perfect, but i think it can work ok in a reasonable scale.

...Did you mean to post this in Civ3 C&C? This is Civ4 C&C.

Nice model, though! I'm serious, it looks AMAZING! :eek:

Hmmm... It it's a .blend (I didn't know Civ3 buildings were 3d!), then yeah, I think it could be done.

Some other byzantine models mostly finished are The Hagios Demetrios of Thessalonike (massive basilica), the Hagioi Apostoloi of the same city, and the Panagia Chalkeon (also placed here).

Does anyone know if there is an update of niftools for the latest version of Blender? Since i would hate to have to use again the ancient version of Blender that was compatible with nif exporting software...

and a different version:

NifTools still only work with Blender 2.49 :( It's possible to do stuff in newer Blender and then open it in 2.49 to export, I have both versions installed for that reason. It doesn't always work though. I can help if needed, but does it have UV map?

@Voyhkah
Civ3 buildings are 2d, but Kyriakos renders them from 3d :)

Hey EmbryoDead,

yes, i did upload some stuff for civIV in that way, but the old Blender is just eerie in its primitive and downright hostile UI...

Currently these are not uv-mapped, but i learned how to uv-map long ago, and will bake all of the textures into one file.

One persistant problem though is how to create the shadows. I still do not know, and this makes me shy away from cIV.

Top Bottom