chinese vampire

Turns out it was the special characters in the file names that my computer didn't like. Here is a preview of the large pedia icon:

Attachments

• Chinese Vampire.jpg
    Chinese Vampire.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 966
The undead wearing Qing dynasty officials' clothes in Chinese tales... I think it should be called zombie rather than vampire although it feeds on blood.:lol:

Very interesting unit. It would be nice if it had civ color though.

The undead wearing Qing dynasty officials' clothes in Chinese tales... I think it should be called zombie rather than vampire although it feeds on blood.:lol:
In many cultures vampires are closer to what Westerners call "zombies," the term zombie in the West came from African voodoo folklore and became popular in the 19th century. Traditionally vampires were corpses that fed off the living, either by eating them, drinking their blood, or taking their souls. Now vampires are handsome 19 year olds who sparkle and drink tomato juice. Unit is 僵屍 which in English is usually "Chinese vampire" or "hopping vampire." Although 屍 means corpse.

In many cultures vampires are closer to what Westerners call "zombies," the term zombie in the West came from African voodoo folklore and became popular in the 19th century. Traditionally vampires were corpses that fed off the living, either by eating them, drinking their blood, or taking their souls. Now vampires are handsome 19 year olds who sparkle and drink tomato juice. Unit is 僵屍 which in English is usually "Chinese vampire" or "hopping vampire." Although 屍 means corpse.

I do suppose it is more of a nomenclature problem, as I believe the understanding of the undead is somewhat universal.

That preview whets my appetite to get a look at the unit itself.

... also a preview and some info would be nice.
Don't know how accurate it is to the traditional legends but ... Era of Vampires (aka Tsui Hark's Vampire Hunters) was very enjoyable (imho). At least for those of us who liked Big Trouble In Little China. Vampire Hunters is the only film I've seen that prominently features Jiang Shi (hopping vampire).

Should just be called "Jiang-shi" (or Geongsi in Cantonese) to clear things up. The Western Bram Stoker style "vampire" has been making inroads in Chinese and Korean pop culture, so by now "vampire" would evoke an image of Dracula among many people.

In many cultures vampires are closer to what Westerners call "zombies," the term zombie in the West came from African voodoo folklore and became popular in the 19th century. Traditionally vampires were corpses that fed off the living, either by eating them, drinking their blood, or taking their souls.

What Westerners think of "zombies" is more along the lines of the George Romero version and not so much the Haitian Vodou "zonbi," which is a walking corpse re-animated by Vodouisants to serve their will but not one that eats brains.

Now vampires are handsome 19 year olds who sparkle and drink tomato juice.

YES!!! A fellow Twilight hater! :D

the undead wearing qing dynasty officials' clothes in chinese tales... I think it should be called zombie rather than vampire although it feeds on blood.:lol:

哎 看不懂英语

哎 看不懂英语

呵呵,这里是英语论坛,还是需要懂英语才好,只说汉语不礼貌的。
Hehe. :DThis is a forum for English language. So men should speak English. It's discourteous if you only speak Chinese.

呵呵,这里是英语论坛,还是需要懂英语才好,只说汉语不礼貌的。
hehe. :dthis is a forum for english language. So men should speak english. It's discourteous if you only speak chinese.

你英语好吗 能帮我在网上找找编辑声音的方法吗 我现在只会做动画 没法配音:)

Thank you for a nice unit, NZJG.

I have made a civcolored version. I can upload the modified files if it is OK for NZJG.

Jerry'sGoldfish: Just in case you weren't aware of these - Plotinus has made several versions of chinese worker/settler pairs here.

Top Bottom