England: Peasants to Royalty

BHN Tech 4312

Warlord
ok here goes my 2nd attempt of a story. This time with England.

YaEMP Mod with Large Europe, Standard speed, Emperor, 12 civilizations and i think 24 city states. TSL for civ's, city-states, and resources(so mod says). VC Conditions are: Space, Domination, and Diplomatic. I am thinking of continuing the story after vc conditions are met if this picks up enough momentum.

Any rates, comments, or suggestions are welcome. Seeing people interested in the story hypes me up to update more

England: Peasants to Royalty

For many generations people roamed the world. They lived in areas until there was no more food to hunt in the vicinity then moved on. For thousands of years these nomads lived like this until they ran into a body of water. One of the elders, noticing that tree branches floated on the water, devised a bold plan. After winning over the tribe, they began to make an object that their people could use to go over the water. Very crude boats were made. After a short and random voyage they ended up on another place to explore and hunt.

30 years and a generation later, the elders of their tribe grew tired of making new camps every year. Since they arrived to this land, no threats to their tribe were met, food was plentiful, and there was plenty materials in the countryside to make shelters with. The tribe took a vote on whether to keep moving as they have for many many years or to take a bold chance, and make a permanent home in the place where the elders before them had led them to. It was unanimous throughout the people. Everyone was tired of being on the move. It was time to place roots and lay claim to this land as their own homeland. They would call their new homeland England and the name of their 1st Settlement.

London

To Be Continued....

EDIT:i got a lot more to write up tomorrow but its almost 3am here and im tired. so far im at year 1120AD i think and its been a pretty slow start. keep tabs on this as i will have another update tomorrow hopefully

Spoiler Alert
Spoiler :

Nice start.:goodjob:I'll be following.

When will people just learn not to try to invade Great Britain?It usually doesn't work.:lol:

sea invasions never work unless you out tech and out number the enemy by ALOT. And I mean D-Day to the tenth power. With nukes.

Not true at all Mike. In one game, as Austria, I managed to successfully invade and hold an entire enemy coastline with only around 5-6 battleships, a carrier with 2 bombers and a single jet fighter, two or three destroyers, and a sub or two. The enemy, at the beginning at least, had a fleet of similar size and a large land force of the same tech level. I did not get a land area in the area until around 20 turns later.

In a different game, I successfully captured an enemy capital literally on the other side of the earth with only 6-7 frigates, 2 privateers, and a caravel. They had something like 6 galleasses and a few triremes, not to mention a 50 something strength capital and the highest military count in the world. Still, without land forces supporting I managed to capture and hold it for several turns without taking a single casualty.

Being a permanent settlement, the people understood they needed more then a place to sleep and and cook. They made their houses on the outskirts of town. They also made great big areas where they could have big feasts. The elders picked out the smartest citizens and gave them the task of making things to progress the city of London.They would call there findings, science. Next they picked out the people who were the best at hunting. Along with their normal duties, the elders gave them a task of creating a force to protect the people of London. The English army was born. Their first objective was to pick 2 of the fastest men and send them off into the unknown and see what their surroundings consisted of. With these things done, the elders were posed with a new big question.

Some townsfolk disagreed with the elders plans for running things, saying they didn't have a voice. So the elders gathered the people and came up with, what would be their last plan, a new system to govern the people. Ever since they found this new land, the family of the elder who devised the plan to get them here, had been treated almost godly. When decisions couldn't be agreed upon between the elders, this family was called on for their input. With that in thought, the elders decided the family of England, for which their peoples new homeland was named after would govern all of the people in their lands. Most of the crowd cheered on hearing this, although there were a huge portion of the group who opposed this.

They started as small pockets of angry people, but finding more in the crowd who started to express the same feelings, they grew big and very angry.The eldest of the England family stepped and with a forceful voiced, boomed out his command for everyone to stop and listen. Surprisingly, everyone did. He spoke to the people, saying the elders plan would be honored and without his father his people would still be roaming the woods like animals. But unlike the elders plan, he would improve on it. He would form a council of 13 people, all agreed upon by every member of the city. The council would decide the path of their country and then bring it to the attention of sir England who would approve or disapprove based on the councils suggestions. This time the crowd cheered and there were no signs of resistance. With there new government formed, it was on to the next phase of the city. Expand.

To Be Continued...

Nice update.

And about invading Great Britain, I just meant in real life invading Great Britain was hardly ever(if ever)successful.

Nice update

thanks, and to anyone else reading. this is gonna be a game play story. just telling it in a story form. laying the foundation you would say

it will be a long creative story with screen shots. just writing what i do would be boring i think, so if you find this interested keep checking back. if not,i understand.

sea invasions never work unless you out tech and out number the enemy by ALOT. And I mean D-Day to the tenth power. With nukes.

i agree with ork. I've had very good results with England. especially if my opponents have to cross water to get to me. although it was on prince then, I'm sure i can reproduce the same results on emperor.

Not true at all Mike. In one game, as Austria, I managed to successfully invade and hold an entire enemy coastline with only around 5-6 battleships, a carrier with 2 bombers and a single jet fighter, two or three destroyers, and a sub or two. The enemy, at the beginning at least, had a fleet of similar size and a large land force of the same tech level. I did not get a land area in the area until around 20 turns later.

In a different game, I successfully captured an enemy capital literally on the other side of the earth with only 6-7 frigates, 2 privateers, and a caravel. They had something like 6 galleasses and a few triremes, not to mention a 50 something strength capital and the highest military count in the world. Still, without land forces supporting I managed to capture and hold it for several turns without taking a single casualty.

nice job. maybe i could try that sometime.

London thrived. Technologies were being discovered yearly. As their population increased , some felt the need to expand. So scouts were sent out to survey the land. Supplies were gathered, settlers set off in dreams of recreating a city like London. New cities popped up and the government of London, officially, turned into the government of England.

The English territories were not free of threat as was previously thought. Hostile tribes dotted island of England. England's army got training experience from expelling the savage barbarians from their country. Finally, after years of fighting, England's lands were safe.

With England explored, it was time to look outward. A navy needed to be created, and so, scientists were told to focus their work on anything that would benefit their water locked nation. Fleets set out to chart new lands. They soon met the nations of Germany and France. Both seemed to be fairly neutral. Those were just the first of nations to be met. England met many countries over the years, as well as some city states.

The peaceful English citizens flourished for generations. Growing not only in numbers, but in knowledge as well. Her neighbors on the other side of the channel were not all as friendly, as 1st impressions had seemed. France was seen moving trips towards Spain. Germany and France had grown bitter over French military aggressiveness. When France wouldn't budge on it's stance against Spain, Germany declared war. The war lasted for years, killing many on both sides but making no real gains for each other. after negotiations with the international community getting involved, a peace treaty was signed. The German-French war was finally over. Peace resumed in the continent of Europe. If only for a short period of time.

Not long after peace was made between France and Germany, France and Austria allied together and both declared war on Spain. The short lived peace was over. Intel on Austria's or Spain's military were not known, but is was known that France's army was more than capable of causing trouble for Spain. England's reach into Europe wasn't very strong, but they did know that Spain was faring badly against France. Spanish ambassadors requested a meeting with the council, saying they had important information that was worth it's weight in gold to England. At the meeting, the Spanish, told us how they learned of a French plot against us. Their statement confirmed what our own spies reported the day before. Spain didn't want anything for this information. They only thought it best that France was exposed for what they really were, a nation bent on domination.

With England's armed forces no where near ready for military combat, we reached out to Germany to make a pact, that if, France attacked, Germany would come to England's aid, and vice versa. Germany accepted and plans were made at once to build it's army for a possible French attack. Within a year Germany came to England and said the French were only getting stronger and needed to be dealt with before they were able to train enough forces to take the German-English coalition head-on. England agreed, setting a date for the French invasion for a later date so England could get it's forces up. Their army was built up, as well as their navy, and when the time came England and Germany declared war on the blood thirsty French.

The 1st world war, as it came to be called, was very bloody. English naval fleets dominated the English channel, while Germany lay siege to Paris. English war boats hammered the French coastal cities of Orleans and Lyon. Soon both fell and English troops landed on French soil. It was looking as if the French would be dealt a punishing blow, when France and Spain signed a peace treaty to end their fighting. Spain lost a couple of their main cities, with rumors of their capital being conquered. This new dilemma meant French troops would soon be on the way back to defend their homeland. As expected, French forces began their counter assault to liberate their two cities and push the German-English forces out of France. English forces suffered staggering losses, forcing a retreat. Only the French occupied cities and a small English land force, supported by the royal navy were left to defend England's foothold into France. Would England be pushed out of France? Only time would tell

To Be Continued...

good luck!

thanks. i rolled into France with 2 catapults, 3 pikeman, 5 composite bows, and a Scout which stayed in the water. my naval fleet consisted of 4 galleass' 1 trireme, and a caravel. i had the tech for ship of line but no gold when the time came for war to upgrade. even without my SOL, i made quick work of both French coastal cities. taking both with only the caravel, and sending my land force to Paris. but then French reinforcements arrived, killing the advance. i will be lucky now to hold onto Lyon and Orleans. hopefully what's left of my naval, will hold the French back long enough to either get reinforcements or sign a peace treaty.

EDIT: i take that back about ship of the lines, i didnt finish until after french started their counter assault.

Nice update, and good luck from me as well.

Spam pikes. They have higher strength than swords, and when promoted can stand up to both knights and sometimes longswords. CB's will also be good.

Spam pikes. They have higher strength than swords, and when promoted can stand up to both knights and sometimes longswords. CB's will also be good.

thanks for the advice. i will try. because I'm fast tracking my navy techs, I'm behind on other techs. I'm hoping my spies can steal the opponents techs so i can get long bows. i don't remember, but i think, France spammed cross bows and knights.all i know is we gotta neutralize France before he makes it to gunpowder.

Top Bottom