Timer Run-Off Vote

When would you like to see the turn timer reduced from the current 44-hour timer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the run-off vote to determine the official team position for whether we support a reduction in the turn timer. The two leading options from the original vote are available.

This poll is public and will last 72 hours. Your vote is viewable by other team members. If there is a tie, then 2metraninja, as elected team leader, will decide which of the two options becomes the official team position.

Thanks, Yossa for posting the poll. I will consider my vote a bit more and then vote :)

I find that the current pace is to my liking. Although it is a bit slow due to the war, but when the war ends, it will seem a lot faster than it is right now and then we will have teams complaining that timer is too short. I say that we wait about four turns after the war ends and sees what happens after that.
:goodjob:

What is going on right now is that WPC are forced to play very quick after the turn switch, so to not extend the timer up to 96 hours. The idea of the doubling timer with APT mod is that it gives the full length of the timer to all the warring parties. So Germans have their 48 hours anyway. The side who is forced to play quick is WPC, who do play responsively quick to not hold the game for all the other teams. After all, the timer dont stretch the whole 96 hours, but WPC are those who are in the hurry.

WPC doesn't have to, though. They have the 48 hours to play however they see fit. If they feel obligated to play in a hurry, well, that's not anyone's problem but their own. How fast or slow WPC plays is decided by WPC.

If they only want to use three hours of those 48, more power to 'em.

Just to put the current turn length into perspective, Turn 86 began over a week ago. We are still on Turn 87. Two different German players have logged in three times since CivStats was reconnected yesterday (and maybe more before then). Yet they have declined to end turn, as usual, instead allowing the timer to run down to it's full length.

The Germans are able to end their turns within 36-72 hours, they just choose not to. If you enjoy the current length of the turns, then by all means vote to keep the clock at 44 hours for as long as possible. However, I truly don't think the Germans need us to vote that way for their sake. Let's make this vote about our preference as a team, not about what we think another team needs.

The Germans are not breaking any rules. There is no rule that states "a team must play their turn in three hours." I'm not asking you to like it, but to respect it. If it is truly infuriating to you guys that they are taking their full allotted time to play, then write them a message saying so. Don't call them out in public- try talking to them in private, asking them why and trying to find solutions when they respond.

Has anybody tried to ask them what is going on? The game is far to slow for my tastes at the moment so I'd be happy to heduce the timer to 36 hours but if the Germans still let the clock run thr game will still be mighty slow at upto 72 hours per turn.

I dont remember if we did asked them personal, but they said something about their participation is low and they use the full timer in hope some of their top players pop in and give advices/opinion. Which sounds reasonable, but then, cant they ask their best players to just participate more frequently? Or if they are not eager to participate, to play with whatever they have. Some of our best players are not participating either, but we discuss/plan according to our own capabilities at the moment.

Actually, now I remember Flunky said to me when chatting online that most of the players are drawn in their own intra-site demo-game where their members are way more active. He said that he hope some of the best of their players will be more available to participate in the ISDG very soon, as the team consisting of their best players got attacked early and/or dogpiled, so they expect them to be wiped out very soon, so they can participate in the ISDG. Which was some 1-2 month ago. Either the experts team survived against all odds, or they were disappointed/burned out from the defeat and dont want to commit to another demo game so soon.

13 votes, pretty decent turnout.

Top Bottom