Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:02 AM   #1
NeverMind
Proud to be Russian
 
NeverMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 606
Civ5 Civilization V: Gold Edition coming soon

Quote:
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition is the perfect entry point for PC gamers who have yet to experience the famous "just-one-more-turn" addictive gameplay that has made Civilization one of the greatest game series of all time. The package includes Sid Meier's Civilization V, the Gods & Kings Expansion Pack and all of the available add-on content.
>>EBGames

Also spotted in Steam Database

Release date: February 19, 2013

It seems like 2K Games sells out previous Civ5 content before One World expansion announcement...
NeverMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:25 AM   #2
blackcatatonic
Emperor
 
blackcatatonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,854
Now this is interesting and perhaps the most promising sign so far that there is indeed a second expansion on the cards...
blackcatatonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:08 AM   #3
michaeljhuman
Chieftain
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 63
"sells out" ? It's usually downloaded right? No stock to sell out, so to speak
michaeljhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:34 AM   #4
anandus
Errorist
 
anandus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 2,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatatonic View Post
Now this is interesting and perhaps the most promising sign so far that there is indeed a second expansion on the cards...
Indeed
anandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:09 AM   #5
AbsintheRed
Deity
 
AbsintheRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Szeged, Hungary
Posts: 6,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatatonic View Post
Now this is interesting and perhaps the most promising sign so far that there is indeed a second expansion on the cards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandus View Post
Indeed
It's absolutely sure for a couple weeks now
IIRC since january 12, with this link: http://cdr.xpaw.ru/app/8930/#section_depots
__________________
Rhye's and Fall of Europe! Latest version: RFC Europe 1.1
Say no to forced Steam and DLCs for CiV!!!! - especially for a flawed game like this: Sulla's ultimate review
AbsintheRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:13 AM   #6
SuperWaffle247
Prince
 
SuperWaffle247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 425
Good chance that the expansion will be announced around that time as well.
SuperWaffle247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:28 AM   #7
Fabiano79
Prince
 
Fabiano79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 332
Well, I think this means that the next expansion will not come before October.

It seems unlikely that they would release a golden edition and just a couple of months after new content. Although, its a good sign that One World is a real probability.
Fabiano79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:40 PM   #8
CanaDutch
Chieftain
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 77
Apparently, Civilization 4 Gold Edition was released on July 17, 2007 and Beyond the Sword on July 23, 2007. So who knows we may get it pretty soon after the Gold Edition as well.
CanaDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:58 PM   #9
AbsintheRed
Deity
 
AbsintheRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Szeged, Hungary
Posts: 6,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiano79 View Post
Well, I think this means that the next expansion will not come before October.
It seems unlikely that they would release a golden edition and just a couple of months after new content.
No, you are wrong
The Gold Edition and the new One World expansion are not competing with each other
Quite the opposite, they are strengthening each other. Probably producing more sales (for both of them) if released on a close date
If the Gold Edition really comes in February 19, who knows... we might get One World in March
A little more realistic tip would be late April or early May though

Quote:
Although, its a good sign that One World is a real probability.
I don't want to repeat myself, but the new expansion is pretty sure, for more than 2 weeks now
Check the link in my previous post
__________________
Rhye's and Fall of Europe! Latest version: RFC Europe 1.1
Say no to forced Steam and DLCs for CiV!!!! - especially for a flawed game like this: Sulla's ultimate review

Last edited by AbsintheRed; Jan 27, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
AbsintheRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:13 PM   #10
dashwinner
Prince
 
dashwinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 317
i just bought a bunch of dlc for the christmas sale, although im still missing inca and all of the different map ones... now i wonder if i should have just waited for this instead...
dashwinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:57 AM   #11
anandus
Errorist
 
anandus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 2,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsintheRed View Post
No, you are wrong
The Gold Edition and the new One World expansion are not competing with each other
Quite the opposite, they are strengthening each other. Probably producing more sales (for both of them) if released on a close date
Indeed.
First off it rehypes Civ 5 again a bit, putting it back in the spotlights and secondly it gives people that don't have Civ 5 yet to get level with the current players to create an equal playing/buying field.

But it also does create the question if G&K is a prerequisite to OW, something that wouldn't surprise me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsintheRed View Post
I don't want to repeat myself, but the new expansion is pretty sure, for more than 2 weeks now
Check the link in my previous post
A mention in the Steam database doesn't mean it's 100% sure, there are mentions of games in there for months, even years, that have never been released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashwinner View Post
i just bought a bunch of dlc for the christmas sale, although im still missing inca and all of the different map ones... now i wonder if i should have just waited for this instead...
Don't worry, Civ 5, the DLC and the expansion is on sale so very often that you can pick up the rest of the missing bits for a good price anyway.

Last edited by anandus; Jan 28, 2013 at 03:02 AM.
anandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:06 AM   #12
Menzies
Emperor
 
Menzies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMind View Post
>>EBGames

Also spotted in Steam Database

Release date: February 19, 2013

It seems like 2K Games sells out previous Civ5 content before One World expansion announcement...
As I said in this thread, based on previous patterns an expansion is pretty sure to be announced in February, most likely the 14th or 21st. As the 14th is valentines day, there was always a good chance that the 21st was more likely and this being released on the 19th, I think we can pencil the 21st in for the announcement of One World.
__________________
The man said ,"I wouldn’t vote for you if you were the Archangel Gabriel", to which Menzies replied "If I were the Archangel Gabriel, I’m afraid you wouldn’t be in my constituency".
Menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:59 PM   #13
NeverMind
Proud to be Russian
 
NeverMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 606
It is available in Steam now!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/25544

PS. Ancient Wonders DLC not included...
NeverMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:17 PM   #14
Tsuchinoko
Warlord
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Deep Underground
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMind View Post
PS. Ancient Wonders DLC not included...
That's kind of odd - it's been out longer than G+K, so why omit it from the collection? Perhaps Firaxis plans to add Sumeria and/or the Hittites in the (as of yet unconfirmed) next expansion, and they plan to retroactively update the WotAW scenario?

...or it's just an excuse by 2k to squeeze more money out of their customers.
Tsuchinoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:18 PM   #15
Qoma
Warlord
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 137
Sweet Time to finally upgrade from vanilla! (don't hate me, I only got vanilla a month ago)
Qoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:23 PM   #16
Eagle Pursuit
Scir-Gerefa
 
Eagle Pursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchinoko View Post
That's kind of odd - it's been out longer than G+K, so why omit it from the collection? Perhaps Firaxis plans to add Sumeria and/or the Hittites in the (as of yet unconfirmed) next expansion, and they plan to retroactively update the WotAW scenario?

...or it's just an excuse by 2k to squeeze more money out of their customers.
That is a very good point. There is no good reason not to put it into Gold unless they have plans to do something with it in "One World".
Eagle Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:04 PM   #17
TheKingOfBigOz
Deity
 
TheKingOfBigOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Shaka's hut ;)
Posts: 4,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit View Post
That is a very good point. There is no good reason not to put it into Gold unless they have plans to do something with it in "One World".
Huh, it could very well be the case as when Isabella was included, so maybe the 3 wonders + the scenario will become part of One World? Now I'm hoping they'll at least give a discount for the next DLC for those who HAVE the DLC already.
__________________
Still a proud supporter of Shaka's Loincloth.

If you create another file and make it update the base game its modding. but if you just change the base game file that's cheating. - knightmare13

I think we should dwelp more on the subject.
TheKingOfBigOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:18 PM   #18
Sherlock
Just one more turn...
 
Sherlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hayden, Idaho
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMind View Post
It is available in Steam now!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/25544

PS. Ancient Wonders DLC not included...
Not including all DLC?

What up with that, dog? That be some petty stuff.
Sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:20 PM   #19
heiminglee
Chieftain
 
heiminglee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 19
But my Steam shows it includes Ancient Wonders DLC (13 stuff including vanilla & G&K) & saves $59.38
heiminglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:35 PM   #20
Eagle Pursuit
Scir-Gerefa
 
Eagle Pursuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by heiminglee View Post
But my Steam shows it includes Ancient Wonders DLC (13 stuff including vanilla & G&K) & saves $59.38
Ah yes. I see it now as well. It must've been an oversight.
Eagle Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Go Back Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - General Discussions > Civilization V: Gold Edition coming soon

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Advertisement

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site is copyright © Civilization Fanatics' Center.
Support CFC: Amazon.com | Amazon UK | Amazon DE | Amazon CA | Amazon FR