TSG54 After Action Report

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Welcome to the TSG54 After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please use the Civ5 game submission page to submit your final, first play through, .Civ5Save file, saved AFTER the victory ceremony if you were not conquered (using the "Lemme play one more turn" feature.).

- How many cities did you build and how many did you decide to acquire?
- How did you use religion or spying to your advantage?
- How did diplomacy go with your neighbors? Did you enjoy visiting with them?
- How did the difficulty level affect your game decisions?

Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay).

Would be interested to hear any thoughts on game setup. :)

Reference number: 28225
Your name: Moriarte
Game status: Science Victory
Game date: 1650AD
Turns played: 240
Base score: 1695
Final score: 3531
Time played: 2:35:00

Big disappointments during this game. First off, i get beaten to GL. Second, i get beaten to Stonehendge, and finally, Hanging Gardens. Each one - 1 turn short. Argh. I did manage to get Pyramids and Oracle though, but couldn't concentrate :cry: for the rest of the game and just clicked on to victory. Played this one in tommynt manner, harassing AIs for cash, buying settlers with that money, taking generous peace deals and generally taking every city i could with CB/X.

I think there were 12 cities in the end, peak science was 1750 beakers. Killed Liz, Dido, and took 2 cities form Spain. Also, i screwed up the calendar completely this time, but managed to accumulate 7 GS for a final bulb. (which was just enough)

Sacred Path was very helpful and i managed to fill Tradition, Rationalism, 3 in order and one in Patronage.

I beleive some really fast times are doable on a map like this (like sub 200) for someone sophisticated enough :).

Spoiler :

It was on.

Game crashed turn 184. i reloaded to 180. meanwhile i had puppeted Carthage city number one, razed Carthage city number two but when i took teh capital it auto-annex. i played with that but it also auto-annex Spain minus Seville when i destroyed Isabella.

Turn 294. Science. Pacal.

Game: Civ5 GOTM 54
Date submitted: 2013-02-02
Reference number: 28232
Your name: WaveOfDoom
Game date: 1838AD
Turns played: 289
Base score: 1373
Final score: 2408
Time played: 8:24:00
Submitted save: WaveOfDoom_TSG54.Civ5Save
Renamed file: WaveOfDoom_C505401.Civ5Save

First time I had really gone for a science game. Realized about turn 200 I should have 6-7 cities, not 4 - live and learn. Everyone was pretty peaceful with me, until towards the end when Lizzy got a bug up her butt. I got close, she asked, I DOW, took a city, and she promptly game up another city for peace. 2 cities added in about 4 turns, no lost units.

One other mistake, I completely boneheaded the Theology unique and didn't get it until turn 85 or so. Live and learn.

Date submitted: 2013-02-03
Reference number: 28234
Your name: kenthebest
Game date: 1804AD
Turns played: 272
Base score: 1478
Final score: 2737
Time played: 6:01:00

4 cities tradition start. Tech path I chose basic luxury techs, writing, and GL to pop philosophy for quick NC. I did not found 2nd city until NC is built. Pyramid built on all cities. I found a religion with tithe\itinerant preachers and it gave me 151 gpt by the end. The extra gold income really helped me rush buying public schools and labs.

Attachments

• 2013-02-03_00002.jpg
    2013-02-03_00002.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 251
Your name: wloff
Game date: 1730AD
Turns played: 256
Base score: 1411
Final score: 2766
Time played: 4:47:00

Nice relaxing easy game, just what I needed in between those deity challenges :D

I went for a mix of Tradition/Liberty: Tradition opener, free settler, free monuments, rest of Liberty, capital food bonus, and the rest was Rationalism / Order.

I built Great Library and Oracle, rushed to Theology really early and got it just in time for the turn ~71 great person; put 4 cities up fast and built my NC around turn 90 or so, then basically kept spamming cities until turn 160. In the end I had 14 cities I think, all built by myself :) Peak bpt was around 1900.

My religion was absolutely out of control - I founded it first, bought a missionary with the first 200 faith and enhanced with my Mayan bonus GP... no one else had even founded a religion before I already had three cities spreading the religion with Itinerant Preachers. I had taken all happiness beliefs: pagodas, +1 happiness per city and +1 happiness per shrine (pyramids) which allowed me to spam cities like the AI basically... in hindsight I should have taken tithe or something because I had WAY too much happiness at all times, even when I sold every single luxury I could I was usually over 10 happiness.

I probably wasted a good 20 turns in the endgame because I didn't build Apollo soon enough and when I bulbed my 5 scientists I suddenly was practically researching future techs and couldn't build any spaceship parts yet :hammer2:

But meh, I was never good at trying to finish as fast as possible, and for me this was a nice relaxing win either way.

Your name: Aaronius
Game date: 1862AD
Turns played: 301
Base score: 2578
Final score: 4296

- How many cities did you build and how many did you decide to acquire?

I built 11 cites, acquired 2 cities from Bodicca in the midgame, acquired 3 more cities from Wu for giggles.

- How did you use religion or spying to your advantage?

I was first into Ren, so my first spy stayed home. My industrial spy worked a CS, my modern spy worked in Carthage. Cs missions from there on out.

- How did diplomacy go with your neighbors? Did you enjoy visiting with them?

My neighbors were all very friendly. Nothing like being the only guy at a slumber party:D We had pizza nights, played pictionary, made memories. Then my empire grew and they all got angry. We hardly even talk any more. Theodora is a doll, but the rest of those women would claw your eyes out in an instant.

- How did the difficulty level affect your game decisions?

I had tradition filled, and a big empire, so my units could be garrisoned for free. I knew that on this level, something close to carpets of units are possible, so my strategy was to amass quantities of units but not upgrade. When attacked, I simply upgraded the ones I needed, no problemo. I had some nice defensive positions against Bodicca and Isabella. If Dido had really come after me, I would have had some issues. Especially if she had chosen to attack when Bo and Isa did.

I am incapable of not trying to build all the wonders though. I only really play one victory condition, wonderous :crazyeye:

Reference number: 28238
Your name: glory7
Game date: 1450AD
Turns played: 205
Base score: 1649
Final score: 4021
Time played: 10:34:00
Submitted save: glory7_gotm54_0205 AD-1450.Civ5Save
Renamed file: glory7_C505401.Civ5Save

I had definitely one of the best starts and expected sub 200 when I was writing opening action report. However, I totally messed up with the late game part...

I finished all the techs, even without using oxford, at t196. Can't believe this, but I forgot that I get 2 GS with hubble. That led to too much science, compared to the actual spaceship production... I did not even finish a single spaceship part yet. I sold all science buildings after bulbing all GS and used that gold to buy spaceship factory and nuclear plant.

spt peaked at 1500. cap 400, 2nd and 3rd city 200, 4th city 160, and Carthage, London, Madrid added 100 each (numbers at F2 screen - 15% will be added from rationalism opener).

using military CS gifts and 4 archers that I bought/made (and upgraded) at the beginning, I conquered carthage (t121), england, and spain (t146). Other civs were too far, but after conquering east I went west just for fun. Killed byz as well.

bulbed one GS to get plastics earlier and one for rockery. Afterthought, I should have used 2 GS to get it even faster and worked for apollo right away. If I had done that, I think my finish would have been sub 200 for sure.

I might play again after t161 plastics, definitely before next science gotm. Even though this one was almost my sci victory record, I feel really bad as I messed up the last part.

Reference number: 28240
Your name: Wargizmo
Game date: 1625AD
Turns played: 235
Base score: 1764
Final score: 3753
Time played: 7:33:00
Submitted save: Pacal_0235 AD-1625.Civ5Save
Renamed file: Wargizmo_C505401.Civ5Save

My fastest science victory yet. Still working out the end game, I waited a bit too long before popping satellites and building hubble. I ended up saving the rationalism finisher until after satellites, which was a mistake because hubble and apollo take so long to build you want to get them as soon as possible, even if it means using up oxford and rationalism to get there. When I finally did burn all my great scientists I had way too much tech and ended up with death robots and stealth bombers haha.

My science peak was about 1700 per turn.

t355 science victory, but no submission, since it was my second play-thru. I had just finished a settler-level HOF gauntlet, and was ill-prepared for a dogpile. Had the science going really good, but forgot my basic lesson of emperor level: stay powerful. Rage-quit without saving, so no save to submit my loss, even.

So, I learned not to jump in at emperor right after playing settler level.:p

Still, Theodora has only 1 policy tree left when I had 4t left on my last ss part. So I nuked her two cities. Everyone DOW'd me at that point, but I managed to take one more city before the victory. I was afraid she would beat me by 1 turn or something.

Better safe than sorry.:):nuke:

haha, nice to see you in this one, kcd. i also played this one. t279 vic.

i had a great opening 100 turns. i decided early to go for 6-8 cities and liberty instead of tradition. i had 6 cities by t70 or so and i did NC before settling the first one. i got GL for Philosophy on t48. i had 3 settlers sitting on their spots for about 4 turns waiting on NC to finish, haha. i also got Pyramids which was nice. instead of needing 8+ workers i only needed 5 the whole game. and i rarely have SP slingshot but I delayed Oracle for 2 turns to t109 to get to Rationalism.

I got a pantheon early from finding Wittenburg and tried the Messenger pantheon. Got theology around t70 as well. First baktun was GS to settle, 2nd one was GP for enhancing, liberty finisher was a GE for Machu, 3rd baktun was another GE (held til Pisa--then another for Porcelain), 4th was an Admiral for scouting, 5th a General, 6th a Merchant, 7th an Artist, and i actually started the cycle a 2nd time and got anther GS cuz I thought I'd get one more (a GE for hubble) but it never happened. If it had i wouldve shaved almost 10 turns off my time. And I had a HUGE brainfart when Hubble became available because I forgot I could get GE from faith.

but after about t150 i just fell apart somehow. gold and happiness were having problems so Rationalism opener bonus was up and down a lot. I never had coal so factories (and Order bonus) never materialized to enough. I also only had 1 city on a river so only 1 Hydro plant was built. and my pops were obviously much lower since i didnt go tradition. 18 was my cap and the rest were 10+. my max bpt was 1390-something but only briefly when i kept my happiness positive.

-My religion was asceticism, pagodas, ceremonial burial, and Itinerant. I had all cities east of the bottleneck except capitals plus a few west but not enough cities to get a lot of pressure). i kind of regret pagodas. i never had a huge fpt and ended up only getting 3 pagodas as i needed to to get 2 GS from faith. i should have gotten +1 production or something else. it was +6 happ but it didnt come when i needed it. i had several turns of +30 happiness from big lux peace deals. i had 2 or 3 natural GAs from that.
-I went to war with Dido and London early, took Utique and Carthage, then Hastings who settled between me and Spain's cap but no where near London. It was weird. Then I took London and Madrid after that. I only declared on Dido but had a warmonger penalty the whole game before that. I had a few dogpile DoW's but Boudicca and Moscow never sent 1 unit and settled for 1/2 peace deals after I took London and Madrid. I had 6 settled cities, 4 puppets and 1 annex (Gades cuz i needed to force a work boat on Pearls for happiness).
-I rush bought a lot of buildings but never very fast cuz i didnt take Tithe. Machu and markets took a while to get up and running. by end of the game i had 190gpt not in a golden age but it was a little late. with 20 turns left i could rush buy all the building i needed but i needed them 20 turns before that, haha. I never did get hubble but i rush bought 2 spaceship factories in my 2 main cities.
-I remained friends only with China and Byz but Byz got eliminated maybe 5 turns before an RA finished. And I only had 3 other RAs the whole game since AI was super-broke all the time. I had overpay for every one of them too. Not a single straight RA the whole game. I really hate them now. Before patch they were broken, after patch they are impossible now that Civs spend all their gold. Ugh.
-if i hadnt settled most of my cities on luxes i wouldve had more than 2 observatories. there were so many sweet spots but early happiness was just too big for me. i would have spent many turns dangerously near -10 if i hadnt.
-this liberty strategy was fun but new to me for a science vic. if i play thru this again i wonder how much faster id be with traditions again, map knowledge notwithstanding. i really wanted sub-250 since i had a few of those pre-patch but since then I'm just not maximizing things. RAs and gold strapped AI are really slowing me down and I dont do some of the tactics other do for gold (bullying, harassing).

MayaSV.jpg

Date submitted: 2013-02-04
Reference number: 28246
Your name: CatGarfield
Game date: 1760AD
Turns played: 262
Base score: 1568
Final score: 3015
Time played: 9:48:00
Submitted save: tsg54 cg Pacal_0262 AD-1760.Civ5Save
Renamed file: CatGarfield_C505401.Civ5Save

This one was somewhat different from my usual games, in the sense that I knew I was going for a science victory with an unfamiliar leader. I usually try to play a "balanced" game, where I build my empire before deciding which victory condition I go for, which usually are either domination or economic (diplomatic).

I started with tradition opener, then switched to liberty and finished it, then completed tradition before opening rationalism. The strangest part in the game was that after my early worker steal from Belgrade, I didn't fight a single war. Liz and Isabella were a bit upset about my Belgrade-adventure, but they didn't do anything about it and eventually turned back friendly. Carthage was somewhat annoying, going from friendly to guarded to fake-friendly and then offering a DoF. She did this twice, and I took a risk in signing RAs with her, which eventually proved to be the right thing to do. I stayed friendly with Byzantium from very early to the very end, and got some DoFs and RAs from Russia and China as well. Dido and Isabella took out Liz, while the Celts were almost finished by Byzantium by the time I launched.

No wars(my own laziness, I probably could have taken the three eastern Civs relatively easily) meant no puppets, which meant low gold, low culture and low science and thus a relatively slow finishing time. Plus I built a lot of wonders I really didn't need. Russia grew huge, and my early pacifist approach to the game annoyed me in the late game. I think if I'd gone full tradition early, taken out Spain and England early I could have finished a lot earlier.

I built 7 cities, conquered none. I started with scout-scout-pyramid-worker, went for the Great Library pretty late, and finished it t49, rush-bought a library in my second city east of Kuala Lumpur(settler bought), and finished the National College on turn 60. I got theology on turn 70, so the first calendar-gp came just 2 turns later (scientist turned academy). I think I got 2 pop to the Capital from ruins, which sped up my early game a lot.

Almost ten hours playing time? The game ran idle probably for at least half of that. It's a pain when family demands my attention when I'm doing something important;)

Welcome, CatGarfield, and nice game! Enjoyed the write-up and glad to have more new participants.

Date submitted: 2013-02-04
Reference number: 28247
Your name: Unresolved
Game date: 1765AD
Turns played: 263
Base score: 1075
Final score: 2067
Time played: 3:37:00
Submitted save: TSG54_Victory.Civ5Save
Renamed file: Unresolved_C505401.Civ5Save

My first GoTM submission :). Super sloppy game for me in the beginning that probably set me back several turns. I lost 2 of my settlers to barbarians(recovered both eventually) and it took me forever to get my initial 4 cities up and running. I didn't meet anybody for a long time, even with double scouts, so that severely slowed down getting my first settler out. By the time I had one, I had decided to just build the NC first. I 'tried' pre-building that and finished in the early 60's I think. But after that, I managed to get 4 cities up and running, but none of them grew very fast. I must have chosen some bad locations. I did settle a 5th city, but that was just a waste of time for the most part. I got 3 silver and my only oil, but it was at 6 pop by the end of the game >.>.

My capital was great since I built the Hanging Gardens which got me to 15 pop by turn 130 I think. I pretty much had my choice of whatever wonders I wanted for the whole game. But I didn't do much wonder-spamming since I wanted to focus on infrastructure.

Diplomacy was great since I had zero wars. I maintained constant DoF's with China and the Byzantine's. Dido DoFed me halfway through the game to my surprise; she was always plotting against me from early on. I messed up my relations with Spain from the get-go since I told her to stop settling new cities near me(I've never tried it before) and I was never able to get full luxury prices. I managed to do 3-4 RA waves with China and the Byzantines, and 2 RA's with Dido.

My tech path was pretty solid as I hit Education around 110 and Plastics on turn 196. I focused on getting cultural CS allies to insure that I finished rationalism on time.

All in all, it was a refreshing break from Immortal games. Seems like that difficulty jump is easily the largest(I don't know about Immortal->Deity).

Attachments

• 2013-02-04_00001.jpg
    2013-02-04_00001.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 201
All in all, it was a refreshing break from Immortal games. Seems like that difficulty jump is easily the largest(I don't know about Immortal->Deity).

Well, the map makes a difference too, obviously. This map made Emperor feel like King :D

I'm scared of the next one now...:p

very disappointing finish, t160 plastics was very good, but i failed to accumulate enough cities/puppets.

i ran into a happiness brick wall a couple of times, was rather unconcentrated in my last session and lost a few turns when forgetting about city states. since i was on 3-4 happiness all game that hurt quite a lot.

shouldve built notre dame/colosseums much earlier so i could annex carthage and hippo regius and get science up.

so, science stagnated for about 20 turns on 1,1k which was way too low. also i mistakenly took freedom instead of order because i was worried i would end up one GS short. in fact, taking freedom made me pick GE from my last long count while i wouldve had easily enough faith to buy another GE (GS with 2500 faith was too far away). Horrible mistake, cost me another 10 turns i reckon.

the most horrid mistake was not having coal for too long. i eventually used GGs to take the coal close to cordoba but it took forever to get factories - and i also would have liked the 25% science from order. coal was on jungle too :mad:

last fail episode was not getting london with 1hp because i accidentally peaced with Elizabeth in between turns (i thought it was someone else asking for peace, i constantly DoWed).

seriously should not play.. well not sober. will probably go from t160 again and see if i can get below t200 with proper play.

very nice time, glory7!

Again, a game filled by mistakes, and not submitted due to a 20 turn crash.

The start was supposed to be a standard 4-city-Tradition opening, while trying to scout a little to see if I could go Liberty if it allowed.

Scouting went smooth early on, but I've hit 3 coasts quite fast, and even though there were pieces of land, I decided for Tradition. I never played Liberty up until this point, and I really didn't feel like going down that road on Emperor.

Capital went in place, while the second city went in the jungle to the NE (next to citrus). Micromanaging the workers and developing copper fast meant that I could approach most building fast, and yet I decided against GL, but went after Hanging Gardens. I was missing ToA at this point. The Pyramid is great. Bonus science and faith, but here's were the troubles start: my third (SW, in the marshes next to the desert) and fourth (NW, next to the gems) went close to T100. I tried to sell luxuries to the girls, but before I could meet them, they must've already went to the mall. Where's the cash, girls? I often needed to choose GPT, just because there was nothing else to pick from them. I had Messanger of the Gods pantheon, but trade routes came quite slowly.

And the Religion that I founded and expanded? Oh the horror... Interfaith dialogue. I didn't buy any missionaries, as I was racking faith very slowly, and I needed to save a lot of it for Great Scientists, since I timed the Long Count just wrong: too late to make a difference, too early as to offset the first Great Scientists.

And the Religion part is really something I should've done better. I ended up with a dominant religion, big time, but there was no benefit off of it.

So, as I was hitting Education at T105, I picked the Great Engineer from the Long Count to get Petra going. And I got it, which made me glad, but... my initial scouting went actually bad, and now I was discovering the desert to the North, and oh wouldn't have that been better?! Not to say that by now I had a sizeable army.

But, no wars. Dido came down on me at some point, but did a slingshot towards Lizzy. And my army was just standing there, although Lizzy and Izzy were Hostile and could've done with a spanking. But my army (ranking 1st by now) just sat idle and ate at my gold.

Universities were settled by T125, and two Great Scientists (had 4 in total). Palenque and Chichen Itza were growing like crazy, while Utxal and Tikal were raking in SPT due to the massive jungle around.

Diplomacy went smooth, aside from Lizzy: me and the other girls were having slumber parties. I was in the middle. :D Yey! Cathy massive spammed everywhere, Wu and Theo were on Bo's hinnie the whole game (and booted here out the door - which was a shame as Bo was buying all my Iron and Horses).

Now spying: By the time RA's were worth while, I was 2 eras ahead. I'm thinking the girls just don't get math. Nothing to steal from them, and I almost completely ignored the military branch as far as possible. And RAs were ridiculously expensive (like, doh!).

I meant for Commerce, as I took 2 other policies before I could open Rationalism. I went with Patronage though, meaning to get on the left side of it, but 2 policies there are far from enough. So, should've, could've, would've. But all but one of my spies were into City States, with the occasional foreign capital in between, while the other went Super Agent quite fast (like, doh!, I was the Mecca for foreign spies).

8 turns after hitting and rush buying Research Labs, I spend all my faith on Great Scientists (3 of them), and another one comes up shortly after. I bulb them all on the same turn, hit all but 1 missing tech, which I figure I'll get to while building the other parts.

Now, the number one rule when building parts: don't build wonders in between! Because there's no point to it.

But wait, there's more. The number two rule when building parts: don't give open borders if there's too much jungle and not that much space to go in between! Because Theodora comes over with all her army, just passing my, and my spaceship parts can't get to the capital. For about 20 turns. Until her bloody army finally went out. Declaring war would've been faster than that.

Now, I clearly had fun with it. Emperor, tons of mistakes and still won. Exploring the map was like Christmas Day for an 8 year old. Always more presents. Watching Theodora have 4 (!!!) Prophets near Utxal, was a blast (I had units around each and every single city, and there wasn't that much space left). Another challenge cam with happiness. This would be the first game where I had this problem, and maybe it had to do with the fact that aside the capital, every other city had only one luxury. City states helped also, but in the end, I had two 31s, a 28 and a 27, and due to their growth I ran into a few problems.

So, one more round of learning, and as last time I'm continuing the game. I have built an Atomic Bomb, was currently doing a Nuclear, and I'll get a missile also, and in 2012 some lucky gal will get an engagement... ehm... how should I call that? Probably Cathy as she's over expanded quite a lot.

Thanks again for the game. They're quite fun.

very disappointing finish, t160 plastics was very good, but i failed to accumulate enough cities/puppets.

i ran into a happiness brick wall a couple of times, was rather unconcentrated in my last session and lost a few turns when forgetting about city states. since i was on 3-4 happiness all game that hurt quite a lot.

shouldve built notre dame/colosseums much earlier so i could annex carthage and hippo regius and get science up.

so, science stagnated for about 20 turns on 1,1k which was way too low. also i mistakenly took freedom instead of order because i was worried i would end up one GS short. in fact, taking freedom made me pick GE from my last long count while i wouldve had easily enough faith to buy another GE (GS with 2500 faith was too far away). Horrible mistake, cost me another 10 turns i reckon.

the most horrid mistake was not having coal for too long. i eventually used GGs to take the coal close to cordoba but it took forever to get factories - and i also would have liked the 25% science from order. coal was on jungle too :mad:

last fail episode was not getting london with 1hp because i accidentally peaced with Elizabeth in between turns (i thought it was someone else asking for peace, i constantly DoWed).

seriously should not play.. well not sober. will probably go from t160 again and see if i can get below t200 with proper play.

very nice time, glory7!

I share your pain - even with good finish times, the fact that one should have done (much) better is really painful.

I agree with you that you should have annexed 2-3 more cities to get higher science, especially if you chose freedom instead of order (then you have no factory bonus). with 4 cities, your max spt is at most 1100.. and that's usually not enough. I feel that annexed caps produce ~100 spt (before rat opener 15% bonus) and 2-3 annexed cities do make difference (I learnt this from tommynt's play) as those additional 200~300 spt affect your GS bulbing too.

For coal, I agree - I could not believe that I have a single source coal (3 coals, north of madrid, in the jungle) when I popped up industrialization as I already had quite big area - mine + england + carthage + spain. I sent one of my GG to claim 7 coal source near the east coast CS. Also, city states did not have them too... one had it within 2 rings but it did not contain that area within its border so I cannot give 200g to improve it. I had similar problem with uranium - I spent 200g to Jerusalem, CS at SW, to get 2 uranium and bought nuclear plant at cap and tikal.

I think we can get sub 200 with replay - I will definitely try replay this weekend. It usually takes 40~50 turns to get all parts done after plastics, but with enough money and early conquest one can reach ~1300 spt after within 5~10 turns of plastics and bulb GS to get apollo tech faster.

Date submitted: 2013-02-05
Game date: 1625AD
Turns played: 235
Base score: 1125
Final score: 2393
Time played: 4:55:00

I stayed with 5 cities all the time until industrialization. I settled a 6th city far north on the coal mine. I got Plastic around the turn 175. I rushed 3 of them and built 1 in capital. Started Apollo around 202. I managed to have a nice total of 16 policies through the game. 2 in Patronnage, Full Rationalism and 2 in Order. Had to DoW China to get back some aluminium ressource and i also DoWed a cultural cs to slow down last policy progression(Rationalism finisher) to get last 2 techs for free. I peacked at 1150 bpt.

I find aesthetics very useful now :) I swimmed into happiness thanks to ceremonial burial and didn't spend a single penny on cs for a long period of time, concentrating a bit more on some RAs(not as powerful than upper levels though).

Like many sp games i feel to lazy to capture more cities even if i have a tech advantage.

Spoiler :

Top Bottom