how to disable the automatic teams on alternate history mode?

ilshur

Warlord
Since you seem to know your way around coding hotfixes, any idea if it'd be possible to fully disable the automatic teams on alternate history mode? I would do it manually with IGE but civ5 crashes every time whenever i try to change player in it.

Since it's part of the script to automatic the teams, i figure it might be possible to maybe edit it out?

Try going to safe mode in IGE, then you should be able to change players without it crashing (at least that is what I have to do.)

or remove the line with "PEA" from the g_Major_Diplomacy table in DefinesEuro1940.lua.

or remove the line with "PEA" from the g_Major_Diplomacy table in DefinesEuro1940.lua.

What would happen if i removed that entire function?

Will it affect all games or just 1939-1945?

e; i edited out the PEA lines, but it still cannot allow for natural declaration of war between germany/italy or france/england due to 'special rule'

How do i edit out special rule?

search for "Virtual allies" in the same file. And don't use scripted events then.

no, the 2 tables below.

check (and delete) those tables in other define files then.

it's in RedDefinesGlobal.lua

I've tentatively gotten this to work, by deleting virtual allies in both the scenerio specific defines(1936 is my control study) and the RedDefinesGlobal.lua, but it cannot for the life of me find how to get around the 'special rule' issue. With IGE, i can set war manually for myself, but england/france/usa never go to war on each other, which diminishes the value of having permanent total war with everyone. However, if there is another specific barrier that prevents traditional allies from declaring, i.e. this 'special rule' barrier, then i think it'd all work out.

I actually scrolled through every file in the lua, and i couldn't find anything i thought likely to change - i didn't want to screw around with too much all at once.

is it possible its somewhere else? Some structural barrier within the diplomatic engine?

Thanks for your forbearance

you can declare war ?

if the AI doesn't, it may be because of the auto-DoF and alliances. That's in the g_Major_Diplomacy table if you've not already removed it.

As Germany, im still prevented by special rule from declaring war on Italy, but Italy can declare war on me. I removed all diplomatic triggers ofr DoF's and DoD and DoW, and in alt history, Russia attacks turkey and finland and italy france england all can attack me, but i cannot declare war on italy because of special rule.

Aside from the special rule, the problem i ran into a few months back of "Being able to take Italian tiles in wartime, but then losing them in peacetime" seems to be fixed.

Ideally, i'd like to see a completely ahistorical map wherever everyone can declare on everyone, with two mods - peace possible, or permanent peace blocked by everyone.

edit: i think i've figured it out. Im going to save copies of my LUAs to cross reference when it inevitably fails, but that said, i have no idea what i did, but some time after turn 45, it magically allowed me to declare war on italy.

I attacked Romania in my 1st game and Italy attacked me because they were allies.I'm also having event issues.I have scripted events off and they still happen it seems.

I attacked Romania in my 1st game and Italy attacked me because they were allies.I'm also having event issues.I have scripted events off and they still happen it seems.

What you're describing is hard coded 'auto retaliation' that is coded into the LUA. This is a separate issue outside of the virtual allies issue, but its easy to fix by taking a peak at the specific conditions that must be met for certain diplomatic triggers. they aren't all on the historical calender specifically, but are meant as retaliatory.

yep, see g_MinorProtector in the scenario defines files.

(on a side note, if you play USSR and want to be at war with U.K., France and Germany at the same time, you just need to attack Sweden, see the table...)

Or you could do what i've done a few times and just delete all virtual allies, all diplomatic triggers, and all automated responses. Makes for a fun total war.

But theres no war at the moment, because of the patch dll update :(

Top Bottom