ArtDefine files for Standard Units (inc DLC)

whoward69

DLL Minion
ArtDefine files (both xml and sql) for all standard units (including DLC)

From patch 674 onwards (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=461429 and http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=474997) it has been possible to update/add to the various ArtDefine_ tables via XML/SQL and not by completely replacing the xml file(s) embedded in the .fpk files. Unfortunately the database tables have a different format to the embedded xml files so there are no "templates" to use when adapting an existing unit's art to a new custom unit.

The attached zip file contains both the xml and sql files that would populate the ArtDefine_ tables for standard units (one file per unit) which can therefore be used as templates for custom units.

(These files were generated by a Java program directly accessing the SQLite database, and so are very easy to regenerate if needed.)

Download ArtDefine files for units (GK)
Download ArtDefine files for orphans (GK)
Download ArtDefine files for units (BNW)
Download ArtDefine files for orphans (BNW)

I've added another zip to the first post of all the orphaned unit art in the data base that does not have associated standard units (mainly scenario units and late game upgrades)

• ARTIST_LATE
  • CONFEDERATE_ARTILLERY_NAPOLEON
  • CONFEDERATE_ARTILLERY_PARROTT
  • CONFEDERATE_CAVALRY_CARBINE
  • CONFEDERATE_CAVALRY_PISTOL
  • CONFEDERATE_CORPS
  • CONFEDERATE_DIVISION
  • CONFEDERATE_IRONCLAD
  • ENGINEER_LATE
  • GADRAUHTS_SWORDSMAN
  • GALLEON
  • GALLEY
  • GENERAL_LATE
  • GREAT_ADMIRAL_LATE
  • INFANTRY
  • MERCHANT_LATE
  • PRIVATEER
  • SCIENTIST_LATE
  • SETTLER_AFRI
  • SETTLER_AMER
  • SETTLER_ASIA
  • SMOKEY_LANDSHIP_LEVEL_1
  • SMOKEY_LANDSHIP_LEVEL_2
  • SMOKEY_LANDSHIP_LEVEL_3
  • SMOKEY_STEAM_AIRSHIP
  • SMOKEY_STEAM_AIRSHIP_LEVEL_1
  • SMOKEY_STEAM_FIGHTER
  • TRANSPORT
  • U_DANISH_LONGBOAT
  • U_HITTITE_WARCHARIOT
  • U_POLYNESIAN_WAR_CANOE
  • U_SAXON_HUSCARL
  • U_SPANISH_GALLEON
  • U_SPANISH_TREASURE_CART
  • U_SUMERIAN_PHALANX
  • UNION_ARTILLERY_NAPOLEON
  • UNION_ARTILLERY_PARROTT
  • UNION_CAVALRY_CARBINE
  • UNION_CAVALRY_PISTOL
  • UNION_CORPS
  • UNION_DIVISION
  • UNION_IRONCLAD
  • WORKBOAT_LATE
  • WORKER_LATE

Most of them are standard units. The ones in the second post are mainly used by the DLC scenarios. There is a mod scenario that uses the Civil War ones, but I can't locate it at the moment

Most of them are standard units. The ones in the second post are mainly used by the DLC scenarios. There is a mod scenario that uses the Civil War ones, but I can't locate it at the moment
Yeah, I grabbed that (it's here), and most of the units are obvious (UNION_ARTILLERY_PARROTT, UNION_CAVALRY_PISTOL, etc.), but some are less so, for example it's not clear what difference there is (if any) between UNION_CORPS and UNION_DIVISION. Is there any straightforward way to plug these into a mini-mod to get a look at them?

it's not clear what difference there is (if any) between UNION_CORPS and UNION_DIVISION.

If you take a look at the file, you'll see that both division and corps use the rifleman model, however a division comprises 7 riflemen models, where a corps comprises 14.

Is there any straightforward way to plug these into a mini-mod to get a look at them?
It's not that hard to make a copy of another unit using SQL select statements. You should copy the details of the base unit from these tables: Units, UnitClasses, Unit_AITypes, Unit_ClassUpgrades, Unit_Flavors, Unit_FreePromotions, and Unit_ResourceQuantityRequirements. See this thread (see Step 5 of the OP).

Post #1 updated with zips for BNW (includes GK and all DLC units)

Thanks. No chances in the XML Syntax between G&K and BnW?

Not really. There were a few extra columns added, but most units don't use them (hence they are blank and don't appear in the xml)

Hello Guys, I have a problem Importing A new unit with graphics
I Work in Blender Render And i have Tried importing unit in civilization with new graphics about thousand times but it didnt work any time. im trying to point it out how to do that for over a year but no solutions. i read all the guides but there is shown old softwares (blender 2.49 and now we work on blender 2.70) the problems are:
1)Dont know how to animate units in proper way for civilization (fxs and sfxs Files)
2)civilization V doesnt shows the imported unit(though it says that unit exists)

i think that one of the reason why it doesnt shows up is that exported units scale is 1000 and as i remember they require 0.001 scale ( dont know just supposing)

Please anyone help me if u can cuz im tired of testing this and im done with that
once i get that i will upload a tutorial how to make that from beginning to the end.

Hope at least someone will help me ...

Hello Guys, I have a problem Importing A new unit with graphics
I Work in Blender Render And i have Tried importing unit in civilization with new graphics about thousand times but it didnt work any time. im trying to point it out how to do that for over a year but no solutions. i read all the guides but there is shown old softwares (blender 2.49 and now we work on blender 2.70) the problems are:
1)Dont know how to animate units in proper way for civilization (fxs and sfxs Files)
2)civilization V doesnt shows the imported unit(though it says that unit exists)

i think that one of the reason why it doesnt shows up is that exported units scale is 1000 and as i remember they require 0.001 scale ( dont know just supposing)

Please anyone help me if u can cuz im tired of testing this and im done with that
once i get that i will upload a tutorial how to make that from beginning to the end.

Hope at least someone will help me ...

Lekso, in response to:
1) For basic units you should take a Civ 4 unit mesh and rig it to a Civ 5 skeleton so that Civ 5 animations are used, as discussed in this tutorial,
2) This could be any number of issues. ModBuddy errors such as VFS=false for the files in your mod or the .xml files not being set as OnModActivated could do this, or perhaps there is simply an issue with your .fxsxml file.

You should install Blender 2.49b (it's free), newer is not always better when it comes to modding as there are unique scripts in use which are not compatible with newer releases.

You can PM me if you prefer; please send your existing work files and I will look at them.

Whoward, is it possible for you to do the same thing for unit effects and sounds, as well as the CivBE ones?
I ask because I'm trying to convert the CivBE effects and sounds to Civ5, but it looks like the only way is to mix the BE effects/sounds artdefines in with the Civ5 ones.
The effects files are civ5artdefines_viseffects.xml, civ5artdefines_viseffectparticles.xml, civ5artdefines_viseffectmodels.xml, as well as quite a few sound defines files. However they're all in the format like the original Civ5 unit artdefines, so I can't add the BE ones as I have no template.

Whoward, is it possible for you to do the same thing for unit effects and sounds, as well as the CivBE ones?

No, as the entries are not in the database but in "magically loaded files"

No, as the entries are not in the database but in "magically loaded files"

:mad::mad::mad:
I was afraid of that. Looks like BE-to-Civ5 unit converting is going to be a LOT more complicated than I'd hoped.

Top Bottom