TSG54 Results and Congratulations

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
A list of the submissions for this game is assembled here. The list is compiled by date and also by score.

First place :trophy: goes to glory7 with a 1450 AD (Turn 205) Science victory. :goodjob:

Second place :trophy2nd: goes to AE_ with a 1570 AD (turn 224) Science victory while :trophy3rd: goes to gkreitz with a 1585 AD (turn 227) Science win. :high5:

There were 434 downloads with 62 submissions for this game. :woohoo:

Congratulations to the trophy winners and :thanx: to all who played this game and participated in the discussions. :clap:

Special thanks to AlanH for keeping the submission system working. :goodjob:

For those wishing to compare games, AlanH has created a replay facility for your use. Please check it out. :cool:

Congratz to all! You're an amazing bunch of players! :D

Glory7, that time is just fantastic!

So many winners, and of course a few of us lost, and somebody needs to come last, hey! ;)

Well, I'll try to pick up speed and learn how to play.

204 is really good, I stoped this one at about turn 160 when I figured that no coal was available anywhere close and I wanted do a perfect game replay another time which never came :)

The map and civ were perfect for superfast science vicotry - still I m amased some1 else come close to turn 200 on 1. playthough

Awesome time, Glory! I've reused your strategy on a couple playthroughs of this game, but haven't come close to that time :D

Thank you very much everyone. First gold medal since I had started to participate (gotm 46). I guess now I have learnt tommynt style well, at least for emperor or below difficulty level.

Awesome time, Glory! I've reused your strategy on a couple playthroughs of this game, but haven't come close to that time :D

I attached a save file of t160 (right before hitting plastics) at the AAR thread a while ago. Check that if you start from that file and finish around t200-210 - I think you did hit plastics around t170 but finished around t240. You may want to check your endgame strategies.

I attached a save file of t160 (right before hitting plastics) at the AAR thread a while ago. Check that if you start from that file and finish around t200-210 - I think you did hit plastics around t170 but finished around t240. You may want to check your endgame strategies.

congrats! sorry, never got around to replay the game from your save, all of a sudden rl hit me hard =/

Well done. My result was turn 278 and I've only just finished the game so I didn't bother to submit. Had a good start (Theology was somewhere in the 50s turnwise, did capital only national college) and a good finish but really lost my way in early mid game when I was trying to suddenly expand from my capital but in the process got stuck in the 60-100 bpt range for ages. Then immediately after I was DOW from Isabella, followed by Dido, and then Boudicca which kept my very busy.

What is the TommyNT strategy? Or rather how do you do it? I think it involves declaring war on the AI then taking all their money/resources at peace settlements but how do you get to the point that they are willing to give you everything they have without devoting too many resources to building an army? Or does it pay off even with having to build an army?

Well done. My result was turn 278 and I've only just finished the game so I didn't bother to submit. Had a good start (Theology was somewhere in the 50s turnwise, did capital only national college) and a good finish but really lost my way in early mid game when I was trying to suddenly expand from my capital but in the process got stuck in the 60-100 bpt range for ages. Then immediately after I was DOW from Isabella, followed by Dido, and then Boudicca which kept my very busy.

What is the TommyNT strategy? Or rather how do you do it? I think it involves declaring war on the AI then taking all their money/resources at peace settlements but how do you get to the point that they are willing to give you everything they have without devoting too many resources to building an army? Or does it pay off even with having to build an army?

check his youtube channel. I can tell you that for emperor or below, it works really well. I was not able to use that strategy successfully at deity level.

Thanks.

So is the trick to make deals selling your surplus resources/luxuries to the AI to get their gold, then declare war?

Presumably the problem with this plan is than making peace with the AI again so that you can sell more stuff to them? The AI doesn't usually want to talk to me for quite a while after war starts.

Thanks.

So is the trick to make deals selling your surplus resources/luxuries to the AI to get their gold, then declare war?

Presumably the problem with this plan is than making peace with the AI again so that you can sell more stuff to them? The AI doesn't usually want to talk to me for quite a while after war starts.

basically you use AIs for gold shuttles. get all their gold, DoW, and I think after 5 turns they will pay you for a peace deal. You need some initial army anyway to defend barbs and do barb quests, so you use that money to buy like 2 units. And that will make your army position up, so AIs will pay more for peace. After 10 turns, if they got some money you collect those gold and DoW them again and get peace deal... continue.

main advantage of this approach is that AIs will basically not grow, as they don't have any money. With thier money, you can buy stuff (settlers, etc) and pay CS if needed. Disadvantage is that your diplo goes really bad, but who cares... they are not worth for RA anyway. Getting their gold and buying own sci buildings or buying CS is more efficient.

Top Bottom