What We Know About Brave New World

Aesthetic is unlocked in the Classical era & Exploration is unlocked in the Medieval era

Lifted this from the 2kgames blog:

During a recent livestream I asked Civ fans to send me some specific questions for the development team at Firaxis. You guys delivered!

Please keep sending me your questions, you may find them featured on the blog along with an answer from Firaxis.

-Kate

www.twitter.com/Ga1Friday

Q: What is the strength value of one of the unrevealed units?

A: 34. But it might change.

Q: Is one of the not yet revealed civs from Europe?

A: Do you mean Europe, the Eurasian landmass, or culturally European but located elsewhere? But seriously, the answer is yes. We have a European Civ coming still.

Q: What is the star thing on Biology we saw on the other live stream?

A: The star means that the tech allows you to establish an additional international trade route.

Q: What is the name of a Unique Ability found in the next civ you want to reveal?

A: Sorry, we can’t reveal that. However a snippet of the text string describing the Unique Ability can be shared. That is: ‘… for each International Trade Route with …’”

Q: In which era do the new Aesthetics and Exploration policy trees become available?

A: Aesthetics is a Classical Era SP. Exploration comes online in the Medieval Era.

There should be some kind of list of civs that can't be in BNW due to the achievement list's alphabetical ordering of civilizations and city-states seen in game.
This is not what this thread is for. Post deleted.

First post updated, i did use to have a list of the civs not in the game in the first post but as time has gone by it didn't seam to fit. The best place to talk about that is the civs thread.

Moderator Action: Sigh, this is not a discussion thread, it is an information thread. If you do not know, for certain, something is in BNW, then please discuss it in the threads below. Above posts all deleted as they contain no new info.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Sorry, I just read through a couple pages an realized it had already been posted. Don't know why its not been included on the first post. Anyway, I was trying to say that they know which ideologies go with which victories:

Autocracy: Cultural, Diplomatic, Domination
Freedom: Cultural, Diplomatic, Space
Order: Cultural, Domination, Space

That was derived from the achievements.

Belgium, Boers, Ottomans, England, Italy confirmed for Africa scenario.

One achievement in the Civil War scenario wants a Confederate Infantry to take Gettysburg with the "George Pickett" promotion. So it looks like Civil War officers will be promotions in that scenario.

These tidbits are missing from the scenario descriptions. :)

Morocco:
Ahmad al-Mansur

UU: Berber Cavalry; Cost 150, Moves 4, Strength 34, 1 Horse, Mounted unit that specializes in Desert warfare and protecting Moroccan lands. Recieves combat bonuses when fighting both in Desert tiles and in Moroccan territory. May only be built by Morocco.

UI: Kasbah; A Kasbah can only be built on a Desert tile. It provides one additional :c5food: Food, :c5production: Production and :c5gold: Gold. It also provides the same +50% defense bonus as a fort. Must be built in Moroccan territory.

UA: Gateway to Africa; Receives +3 Gold :c5gold: and +1 :c5culture: Culture for each International Trade Route with a different civ or City-State. The Trade Route owners receive +2 Gold :c5gold: for each Trade Route sent to Morocco.

I am gonna upload a whole lot of pictures. Pictures speak a thousand words anyway:)

Attachments

• Morocco UA.png
    Morocco UA.png
    295.9 KB · Views: 467
  • Moor UB.png
    Moor UB.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 454
  • Moor UU.png
    Moor UU.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 433
  • art guild.png
    art guild.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 465
  • Parthenon.png
    Parthenon.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 457
  • Indo Icon.png
    Indo Icon.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 361
  • Auto 3.png
    Auto 3.png
    67 KB · Views: 433
  • Autocracy 2.png
    Autocracy 2.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 405
  • Autocracy 1.png
    Autocracy 1.png
    171.2 KB · Views: 452
  • Culture Tree.jpg
    Culture Tree.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 619
Round II.

Attachments

• Freedom 1.png
    Freedom 1.png
    236.6 KB · Views: 369
  • freedom 2.png
    freedom 2.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 362
  • Freedom 3.png
    Freedom 3.png
    117 KB · Views: 311
  • Order 1.png
    Order 1.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 341
  • Order 2.png
    Order 2.png
    178.9 KB · Views: 315
  • Order 3.png
    Order 3.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 309
THank-you guys, updating now

I'm just going over the IGN video.
First new thing I found that wasn't mentioned yet: The tooltip for Patronage shows that the old Educated Elite effect (Great People from allied CS) is now the Patronage finisher.
Edit: Adding new things as I watch the vid.

Aestehtics Opener: Great Artists, Writers and Musicians are created 25% faster. Unlocks building the Uffizi (apparently a National Wonder ?).
Finisher: Double theming bonuses from Museums and Wonders. Can buy Great Artists, Writers and Musicians with :c5faith: fromt he Industrial Era on.

Ok I think I got everything, thanks for those who screenshoted and worked out the ideologies and Social Policies, if I have missed anything let me know

Ok I think I got everything, thanks for those who screenshoted and worked out the ideologies and Social Policies, if I have missed anything let me know

I misspelled "Uffizi" :p

Edit: Image of the tech tree here; it would be nice to have it included in the OP.

thanks fixed

Top Bottom