Map of the state of Oregon

squirrelmaster

Chieftain
File

A map of Oregon, 55x40, random resources
My first attempt at making a map so any feedback and/or constructive criticism would be appreciated.
Added Wonders
I haven't learned to make costume Wonders yet so all are generic.
List of Wonders and Oregon equivalent:
Spoiler :

Rock of Gibraltar=Mouth of Columbia
Mt. Kailash= Mt. Hood
Sri Prada=Mary's Peak
Lake Victoria=Crater Lake
Mt. Siani=Smith Rock
Barrenger Crater=Newberry Crater
Uluru=Painted Hills
Cerro de Potosi=Wallowa Gold Rush
Mt. Kilimanjaro=Steen Mt.

Download now includes 2 maps one as an island and one with surrounding land. Also reworked starting positions and cs placement.

I'll have to check this out after my current game!

Thought about making one for my state, but it's pretty much plains and grassland with the occasional one-hex lake, heh.

You should probably cut back on the hills! :) The key to a good map is terrain variation. Civ 5's resource placement is terrain dependent also, so even if it's covered in forests, you should leave some gaps here and there.

Looks like you have a good start, it's better than most first-time maps, but maybe mix it up a bit. Also, be sure to post it in the download center here with a picture from the worldbuilder; your map probably won't get much attention otherwise.

Thanks for the reply. As far as the terrain I focused on making the map as accurate as possible. This doesn't help game play much and does make it boring at points. I'll put some flatland where cities exist and maybe some more mountains.

Edit:
An Incan complaining about hills? What has the world come to?

BTW, I'm the maker of the OregonWorld mods. I've only played 42 turns on this map, but it started me northeast of Irrigon and I've explored the Grande Ronde Valley already (I lived in La Grande while going to high school), and am very happy with what I've seen! :D

I've been wanting to work on an Oregon map, but I've got a lot of the ol' proverbial irons in the fire and haven't had time. Bravo to you, squirrelmaster. :goodjob: :cool:

Top Bottom