Resource icon

Civ5: Stoneskin Ogre 2016-10-05

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator
seZereth's Stoneskin Ogre converted to Civ 5. Uses Maori Warrior animations which are included.

Comes into two varieties: one with the head up straight and one more hunched over.

Download Link

The download is a test mod so you can try the unit out. There is no icon art included - someone else can make those.

Attachments

• stoneskin1.jpg
    stoneskin1.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 8,393
  • stoneskin2.jpg
    stoneskin2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 5,630
yeah.. that makes it 2 fantasy units !!! (with the dragon)

Can I have some more please?

I'm going to do some more orcs, goblins, etc next, starting with rank-and-file type units.

Deliverator you've inspired me (along with the enthusiastic response to your ogre) to try my hand at a fantasy unit - the Dwarf Gyrocopter. I started it years ago (literally - 2007 I think) and haven't made a fantasy unit since 2006.

@snafusmith, Your modern/WWII aerial units are great. I wonder if you might be interested in making us a dragon with a strafing attack?

Breathing fire animations? I don't know if Civilization 5 even has that. The best I can think of is reverse engineer the swordsmen swinging motion but without the sword and integrate the hand for the dragon's claw. I already know there's a dragon unit made.

EDIT: Here's the dragon.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=18579

The existing dragon, which can be used in various sizes and colors, is enough for me.

What I need badly are other monsters and creatures, for example a Griffon like this one...

It's down the road a bit, but sort of the pinnacle fantasy unit for my mod. The idea is to have a dragon that has both a land and air version (with melee and strafing attacks, respectively). It's easy in Lua to swap these out, triggered by clicking bombard for human or some simple targeting logic for AI. I'm not sure if there is any existing "flamethrower" or other appropriate animation. Dragon doesn't really need to flap wings (although that would be cool) so it could be rigged to an existing bomber I guess.

It's not a priority though. Would be more useful to have the standard line-up of orcs, goblin archers, wolf riders, etc...

If you had to re-use an existing effect for dragon breath I'd say it could "breathe a fireball" and use the catapult city attack effect. I gather those effects can be rigged onto 3D models with proper bone naming? So placing the source in the dragon's mouth would make it originate from the right place. This is probably massively more complicated than I'm making it seem though.

I don't think it should be a problem to make a unit with a fire effect. The dromon does have a fire attack that I'm hoping to use for the dwarf gyrocopter.

Dromon! Yes, that's the source for fire breathing!

OK, I'll leave the dragon alone for now. I'm still giddy about the ogres.

He looks great, so cool to see him running around and causing terror in Civ5. :goodjob:

Top Bottom