Empire of Persia

baseballpie

Deity
This story is dead. Please do not post here, but you may comment on the thread here.

Hello S&T! I am baseballpie, or just pie for short. This is my story. Ever since I joined the forums, I've always wanted to write a story. Influenced by some great stories like The Celestial Bureaucracy and Princes of the Universe, (And my recent membership to photobucket) now I am starting a story.

Here are the settings:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :
Sorry, but that is lying. Everthing is the same except that I'm playing on Tectonics, Low Sea Level.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Prelude
Expeditions- 1
Expeditions- 2
Expeditions- 3
Expeditions- 4
Expeditions- 5

I honestly egg you on to put it on prince. Warlord difficulty makes the AI such a wimp. Personally, I don't understand why people don't want to challenge themselves. Combined to marathon speed, you'll play a game as if there were no AI's.

Also, if you put it at a very high level like emperor, you would finally start to see some resistance from the AI. This could lead to some losses or even worse. Never heard of epic losing game. Like fighting of all your might to survive the onslaught. Sometimes, it can be more epic than rolling the AI over and killing them as if they were flies (thinking rushing them with axes while they defend with warriors!).

Surprisingly, I will be able to get in an update today, albeit short.

It was beautiful. Cyrus just stood there, admiring the wonders. A luscious field of grain, a beautiful lake, it was all a man could ask for when settling down into a permanent home. Although, all wasn’t as it seemed. For centuries, Cyrus’s people, the Persians had been just a tribe of wandering vagrants. And they had been migrating back to the shores of this lake for the last few decades during the summer season. But the hunts had not been as abundant as usual last season. So at that moment, Cyrus sat upon the small hill situated just between the lake and wheat, and pondered. “What could be stalking our food source?” he mumbled to himself. And then, he stood up, for he had an idea. He knew what he had to do. He had to lead an expedition into the forest. He would go deep into the forest where no man had ever dared to go before.

Subbed.

Some trivia for those interested: Did you know Cyrus was the first leader of the world to emit a decree on human rights? On some pottery cylinder, he wrote that hard slavery should not exist, offering multitude of rights to pseudo-slaves like the right to not be beaten to death for pitiful reasons. If that happened, the "master" would be judged and killed. Also, Cyrus was known for his generosity towards foreigners and great tolerance. He not only liberated the jewish slaves from Babylon's people grip (that is why in jewish religion, Cyrus is seen as one of the messiahs), but also tolerated local customs and religions. Also, local magistrates could continue to their business as long they pledged allegiance to Cyrus.

Kinda nice of a leader! In other words, a nice warmonger...because he was indeed one.

That is why the Cyrus in the game has a automatic +1 diplo bonus towards the human (natural friendliness towards foreigners), is only irritated as low as -1 with pagan religions (Izzy can be as low as -5!) and do not declare war on his own when he is PLEASED with someone (he values friends highly).

Heard about it in the pedia. :p
Some modder also made the "Cyrus Cylinder" as a wonder.

Persia isn't my favorite civ but Cyrus was a cool dude.

What makes the Rathaus so awesome (equivalently the Ikhanda) is the ability to make corporations insanely profitable. Corps are insanely good by itself, but with those two UB, it's brokenly awesome.

A little teaser for the next update.

Running. He didn’t know why, but he just kept running. Then he saw why. An enormous beast growled right behind him, and he kept running through the lush vegetation which was constantly pricking at his bare legs. He eventually ran into a cave, hoping for protection. But now, it wasn’t a beast chasing him. It was a man. And as he entered the cave, walking in somewhat of a mindless trance, Cyrus screamed out for help. But he cried in vain. For as the man, double his height and double his girth, beared down on him. And as he reached toward him, Cyrus woke up.

No new comments? Well here is an update for you.

Running. He didn’t know why, but he just kept running. Then he saw why. An enormous beast growled right behind him, and he kept running through the lush vegetation which was constantly pricking at his bare legs. He eventually ran into a cave, hoping for protection. But now, it wasn’t a beast chasing him. It was a man. And as he entered the cave, walking in somewhat of a mindless trance, Cyrus screamed out for help. But he cried in vain. Because the man, double his height and double his girth, was bearing down on him. And as he reached toward him, Cyrus woke up.

He was in the makeshift camp the group of scouts had established. He had recruited a team of the best scouts in the village to find the source of the problems. There had been no lead on the root of their troubles, and it was not going well. He’d lost two sentries, Deioces and Arses I, when they had been attacked by wolves. They were now down to ten men: Tiribazus, a big, burly man who was Cyrus’s personal bodyguard, Oarses, a man rumored to be the quickest in the village, Koruse, a sly, clever sentry, Arses II, the young son of Arses I, Oborzos, the son of the village priest, Bagdates, a boastful, conceited, egotistic man, Gobryas, Mardonius, and Artazostra, the daughter of Cyrus, and the group’s navigator.

A total of 17 days, most of them full of rain, had gone by when they arrived at a creek. Arses tested the water. “For its small size, it travels surprisingly fast. I would not advise to just foolhardily cross it”. Bagdates pushed him out of the way. “I will not let some boy tell me what to do,” he said as he walked into the stream, tumbling and falling down midway.

So the intrepid group trekked south and found a portion of the creek narrow enough to cross. They continued on, finding nothing but flora and fauna. Sometime after, the group came across a cave. It was vaguely familiar to Cyrus. So he led Obzoros, Arses, and Mardonius into the cave. The drip, drip of the water was unnerving. Obzoros was muttering some kind of prayer under his breath. As they walked deeper and deeper into the cave, it seemed to get gloomier. Cyrus sighed, “This cave seems to be eternal.” Every waking moment seemed to chew at their nerves.

They had been in there for hours until they entered a large cavern. Now Cyrus knew why he was here. This cavern was in his dream. And as they drew closer into the center, they heard breathing and mumbling. Then they finally could make out the face of the creature making the sound. It was human.

New update, somewhat short.

We leave off with the intrepid group meeting a man in a cavern.

The four had brought their unknown man, dressed in a simple loincloth, to the entrance of the cave. Artazostra, after trying to communicate with their mysterious man for hours, finally was able to communicate with him. According to her, the new language analyst, he said, over and over, “I come from Assur, Assur of the people.” Cyrus pondered, “Ask him where this Assur is.” The man, Imshu, muttered something in a foreign language. “He says he’ll take us to it”, Artazostra relayed.

Imshu seemed like a natural in the forest. Even Oarses could barely keep up with him, Arses was also close. Obzoros and Bagdates lagged behind toward the back. After a few hours, they finally came to a clearing in the forest. Smoke could be seen from the forest. These were obviously civilized people.

The party proceeded to the center of the village. A man came out of a hut near the main area. He was elaborately dressed, with the respect of all his peers, and seemed to be the leader of his tribe. He opened his mouth and said to Cyrus, “Welcome, leader of the Persians. I am Tudiya. We are humbled to be in your presence.” Cyrus was astonished. “Where did you learn our native tongue?” he asked. “I have my resources,” the man responded. “Come; let us discuss some important matters”

Assyria?

Top Bottom