The Great Merchant of... Shoshone

Makavcio

Prince
So, I'd maxed out my patronage and was steadily cruising through the game when something unexpected happened:

And it worked:

Although I'm a little disappointed that my action did not create Venice, it still feels like cheating. Was this just overlooked by the developers or was it on purpose? I'm ok with mongol khans joining my service but this seems to be too much.

Great feature.

Not like your going to get more than one in a 1000 games, so hardly something you can "plan" for as a strategy, but just a hell yeah lucky bonus.

Had this happen in my Siam game. Shocked me as well considering I haven't even tried Venice yet, so I didn't even know what they merchant of venice even looked like.

From a gameplay perspective it may be ok. Filling out full patronage is assuming you want the CS alliances, either for their bonuses or for diplo victory. Using one of those merchants directly opposes those goals.

Could very well be an oversight. I haven't looked at the code, but could be simply be a formula that piles all GP, including this one, into one large pool to pull from.

It's not like you have to convert the city state. You could just use the MoV for a trade mission and enjoy doubled influence and gold gains with that CS. Or you could convert a city state allied to a potential enemy that would be too much trouble to ally yourself.

He is the most interesting man in the world:

He is a Merchant of Venice... of Shoshone... buying a city-state located on the Persian Gulf!

Top Bottom